Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All, This is the first time I have been able to post since my surgery last Tuesday, August 6th. I am doing fine but very tender and sore. They found a hiatal hernia and I had to have that repaired as well so that is creating some of the pain that I am having as well. My appetite has been pretty much non-existent but I am making myself drink and try to eat something. I am down 9 pounds since surgery but that is, I am sure, to be expected that first week when we are still recuperating from the surgery. I am ready to begin having creamed Soups, eggs, cooked Beans and yogurt next week, Tuesday I believe but who's counting. :) Any other August 6ers chiming in yet???

hey, doin great. Shoot, I gained a LOT of Water weight after surgery, so be happy!

I'm doing great too! 1st couple of days were rough but feeling fabulous now. I haven't weighed just so that I wouldn't freak out if I had gained a couple of pounds of Water weight!!

I GAINED A LOT OF WEIGHT FROM THE SALINE THEY GAVE ME BUT I SEE NOW I AM LOSING IT. I AM ON DAY 6 AND JUST CAME BACK FROM THE MALL. I DROVE AND MY DAUGHTER AND I WALKED AROUND. WENT TO THE PUPPY PLACE AND TO JUSTICE BOUGHT SOME CLOTHS FOR HER, TODAY I PUT ON A TOP THAT WAS TOO SMALL LAST WEEK . SO IM DOWN ABOUT 9 POUNDS. AT THE MALL I HAD A FEW BITES OF MY DAUGHTERS chicken TERIAKI CHEWED TILL IT WAS ALMOST DISOLVED AND HAD 1 LICK OF HER SUGER FREE YOGURT . yOU WILL FEEL BETTER SOON! .

I too was sleeved August 6th, today was the first day I felt normal, but not hungry at all! I have to force myself to eat, my third day my doc had me on pudding, it made me gag. I am trying so hard to get my Protein Shakes in, but hard I get cramps. I started Gas X it is amazing so far, hoping tomorrow I can eat a bit more. Good luck to you!

I was sleeved on the 6th too. Feeling better day by day. I just get a weird pain in the middle of my back. It's intense and then goes away. That's worrying me a bit.

Yes.....I finally got sleeved on the 6th of aug! I am having major soreness in my largest incision..and some stomach cramping is that normal???

I was sleeved August 6th as well.. Down 9lbs too!! I am so ready for my yogurt & cottage cheese weeks! SO excited.... Caught myself actually thinking if real food today, :( hard very hard to not think of food, CARBS! I excited for the day that I will actually CHEW.... :) best of luck in your journey.... Sleeve buddies!

I was sleeved August 6th as well.. Down 9lbs too!! I am so ready for my yogurt & cottage cheese weeks! SO excited.... Caught myself actually thinking if real food today' date=' :( hard very hard to not think of food, CARBS! I excited for the day that I will actually CHEW.... :) best of luck in your journey.... Sleeve buddies![/quote']

I'm on the same boat! I just want to chew on something! I'd actually been having head cravings for one of my friends homemade sourdough breads (she uses her grandmothers starter) So fantastically yummy!! Guess what. She knew I was in the hospital but not why. So she brought over a loaf in a feel better basket, it was still warm! Such agony!!

My husband cut out his half and stuck the other half on the freezer for later :-/