Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm feeling sad! I was sleeved on 7/15 and to date have lost 31 pounds. I'm on day 23 and can now eat like sweet potato well cooked veggies and low fat cheeses. But since my surgery I'm barley eating which doesn't bother me much because I'm not hungry. But the sight and smell of food bothers me. I feel like I live nautious I'm mainly getting in a god amount of Water easily prob over 40 oz and less than 20 grams of Protein. I think I have keotis?? If I'm spelling right, where you have nasty taste in mouth a d bad breath 247, I'm dying for it to go away because I think that's behind the constant nausea! I'm so tired I can't even work out, just walking outside to get the mail exhausts me! I don't know what to do! I don't regret surgery I feel myself shrinking daily but it makes me sad that I'm too tired to do basically anything! Plus I am an emotional wreck!!!

Do u mind if I ask how much you started at? I was banded the day after you and lost 15 lbs (and pretty excited about it). I started at 174 tho. Band to sleeve revision.

Wow. 31 lbs in 3 weeks. Awesome! Congrats!

My first reaction is to check your Water and protein...I'm supposed to get a minimum 64oz of Water per day and 70g of Protein. Beyond that, I'm supposed to choose more solid Proteins to make up my diet (i.e. chicken, fish, etc.). I was sleeved two months ago, but even at your surgery date, it sounds like you could do some work on water and Protein - even if you can't eat the more solid foods yet.

And, less than a month out? You're GOING to still be exhausted. Keep doing what you're supposed to do - you WILL heal.

Try drinking Premier Protein RTD shake....30 grams of Protein protein and counts towards your Fluid intake

IM the same way I was sleeve on July 8 and still now if I try to go to store and walk around if I get past 40 to 45 mins IM so tried like I been workouting all day , I think becuz I wasn't getting all my Water and Protein in and I was dehydrate that was the problem but it's getting better not still 100% yet but better then last week hopefully it will be alot better before I return back to work on the 19th I was suppose to go back on the 5th of Aug but my doctor said I was still to weak

You definitely need to try and increase that Protein. If you don't get enough protein your body will have to break down muscle mass to get the protein which will make you weak and tired, and actually slow your ability to burn calories. Good Luck.

If you are in ketosis (breath smells kinda like nail polish remover (acetone)), you may need a little more carbs as well. Atkins diets you go into ketosis due to the low carbs. Definitely need to up your Protein but a few carbs, if they are lacking, may help your energy as well. But I agree with the above poster, you need to up your protein if possible. If you keep a log of your protein, carbs and Water, it may help you see exactly where your deficiencies lie. But at 20 grams of protein, you definitely need more.

Thanks Guys I'm trying super hard to find something that sits okay with me as far as the Protein goes but it is a struggle.

This was me until like 2 weeks ago and I'm about 8 weeks out now. Try seafood if you can. I've found that fish (not tuna) and shrimp help. They tend not to be (at least for me) as heavy as the other Proteins so I can do those.

Good luck to you and hang in there.

easy things to eat with lots of Protein include cottage cheese, Greek yogurt( plain has 22 grams protein in a cup vanilla tastes better but has 17), cheese sticks of all flavors are easy on your stomach,boiled eggs. Another thing to look into is B12 are you taking any? my Multivitamin has it in there already. In the first 3-5 months Iron supplements really helped me when I got tired , maybe you can get your hemoglobin checked. Its tuff for the first 2 months but as you eat more varieties and become more used to the surgery you'll get better. keep up the great work your doing awesome. my fitness pal .com is a great website to track all your stuff calories,protein,exercise , Water consumption,potassium, carbs, weight, inches lost....check it out I use it on a daily basis

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches