Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleevers by profession.

I am also a Respiratory Therapist in Ohio. Just graduated from my program in May and just started my new and very 1st therapy job this week!

Nice job landing your 1st RT gig. Its a great job and very rewarding. Ive been doing RT for 30 yrs in the city of Detroit. You'd think we would be fit with all the walking we do. Working midnights didn't help with weight control either. Good luck in your new career.

I work in Project Management. This is the first time that I have been the main stakeholder and deliverable of a project. There are five phases in a typical waterfall project.

Visioning

Design

Construction

Implementation

Production Support

I have done visioning (getting information on the types of surgery) and also Design (Deciding on surgery type, and finding out insurance criteria. I am currently in the Construction phase and doing what needs to be done for the surgery to occur. I am getting preop tests performed, psych evaluation, and working on 6 month medically supervised diet. Implementation will be the actual surgery, and prod support is the first part of weight loss after surgery. Since a true project is temporary, this project will be closed. I will then start on a permanent maintenance phase.

This break down helps me to see where I am in the process and what still needs to be completed to have a successful completion of the project.

Im a lawyer. I am not sleeved yet but am going for my pre surgery screening tomorrow, I am scheduled for surgery 8/16 and I cant wait!!! I have lost weight lots of time in the past but I have never been able to stick with it long enough to get anywhere near the finish line. I feel like this is giving me an opportunity to succeed like never before. I have also learned that in private practice my appearance is just as important as my knowledge which is sad, but true. I am so inspired by all of you and good luck to everybody that is on their way!

Hi! I manage public and media relations for a Fortune 500 telecommunications (voice, video, data) company. Since beginning my career 13 years ago, I've put on about 80 pounds. It's tough to be so overweight in my line of work because it makes TV appearances the most dreadful task. My last pre-op appointment is tomorrow and I'm hopeful everything will be submitted to Aetna in the coming days and that I'll be approved. Would love to be sleeved in early September!

Im a lawyer. I am not sleeved yet but am going for my pre surgery screening tomorrow' date=' I am scheduled for surgery 8/16 and I cant wait!!! I have lost weight lots of time in the past but I have never been able to stick with it long enough to get anywhere near the finish line. I feel like this is giving me an opportunity to succeed like never before. I have also learned that in private practice my appearance is just as important as my knowledge which is sad, but true. I am so inspired by all of you and good luck to everybody that is on their way![/quote']

"My appearance is just as important as my knowledge."

No truer statement have I seen. I completely concur.

I'm a stay at home mom of 3- (3,6,9)- I volunteer extensively (I'm the PTA president- I guess that makes me "that mom"). I also work semi-ish part time for my best friend's parent's company- I do their accounting (I was an accountant in a previous life).

Another one in the medical field....I have been a RN for 10 yrs in Mississippi. Pre op still!!! Seems like surgery will never get here. Sept 13th is my final visit in the 6 month dr supervised diet. I also am doing all of my pre op testing and my pre op class that same day. Then we will be submitting to UHC for approval. A tentative surgery date for the end of sept. I know it's not that far away now, but it has taken so long to get here. I feel like I won't believe it's happening until I wake up from surgery. Been trying to get here for over a year.

Why are there so many nurses in need of this surgery?

I'm in the transportation industry. Live in Canton, MI, and work in Ann Arbor. Good to see some local sleevers on here!

I love this idea!!! I am a senior audit manager in Internal Audit for a large healthcare company.

I'm a telemetry RN for a nationally recognized cardiac hospital in CA -- and I refuse to be a patient there so I'm getting sleeved end of Sept/beginning of Oct!

Its nice to hear what we do in life and where we are in the journey. Thanks everyone for posting. We have everyone from stay at home moms to rocket scientists ( well, they work for NASA lol) to a lot of healthcare workers and everything in between.

Thank you to the well wishers for my wife and I.

PS. A lesson the wife learned on a road trip yesterday from Michigan to Kentucky. She learned that post sleeve (14 wks) that her body allowed her to eat something once, but the second time have a negative reaction. Upset stomach and so on. Lesson learned.

Oh, is it always so damn hot and humid down here? Im a large damn mammal and I'm a sweating profusely. Lol

Photographer/Photojournalist based in Philly. Sleeved a week ago today and having some minor issues. Haven't gotten to "love" my sleeve just yet, but working on it. :-)

I am no longer defined by my profession or my marital status - kind of weird when I thought about it. I am retired and a widow, but was married for 39 years and worked for a federally funded preschool program for 34 years. I am enjoying the wide range of backgrounds we all have.

I am an Enterprise Architect with 30+ years of software engineering experience. I work as a contractor and have been self employed for 18 years.