Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For any of you ladies that tried to conceive after surgery, How long did it take you to achieve conception? I was told that this surgery increases fertility significantly so i am just wondering :) Thank ya Ladies!

I conceived about 11 months after surgery and losing 80lbs before i couldnt conceive at all

Yay! This gives me hope.

That is great to hear :)

I got preggo about 4 months post op... I was down about 70 lbs.... it was a surprise, but we are excited.... I have 11 more weeks before my little man arrives! I have not gained 1 lb through out my entire pregnancy.... I have actually lost a total of 20 lbs. Baby is very healthy! Good luck!

I can't speak for the sleeve but I was banded for 6 months, lost 60 lbs and boom/surprise, pregnant after trying for 8 yrs. We now have kids 10 1/2 years apart. I am now a sleeve revision and the baby making machine is closed but losing the weight after either surgery helps conceive. Our band baby is the best thing that ever came out of getting a band ! Good luck to everyone who wishes for pregnancy after WLS...it is one of the perks of losing the weight.

Congratulations I can't wait to get sleeved!

I got preggo about 4 months post op... I was down about 70 lbs.... it was a surprise' date=' but we are excited.... I have 11 more weeks before my little man arrives! I have not gained 1 lb through out my entire pregnancy.... I have actually lost a total of 20 lbs. Baby is very healthy! Good luck![/quote']

Wow!!! This sounds great I hope this will happen to me I'm 5 1/2 months out & ill start trying next December, but I was afraid of getting large again.

Wow!!! This sounds great I hope this will happen to me I'm 5 1/2 months out & ill start trying next December' date=' but I was afraid of getting large again.[/quote']

I was very worried about gaining weight also... but surprisingly it hasn't been that way. This is not my first child... my other pregnancies I just looked very overweight. I actually just look preggo with this one... I'm tiny everywhere except my round belly! I'm really enjoying this pregnancy. ... sad that it will be my last baby, but he was a surprise and we weren't planning on having anymore... so I'm very thankful to be blessed with him. Good luck when you start trying. And don't be concerned about any weight gain.

I was very worried about gaining weight also... but surprisingly it hasn't been that way. This is not my first child... my other pregnancies I just looked very overweight. I actually just look preggo with this one... I'm tiny everywhere except my round belly! I'm really enjoying this pregnancy. ... sad that it will be my last baby' date=' but he was a surprise and we weren't planning on having anymore... so I'm very thankful to be blessed with him. Good luck when you start trying. And don't be concerned about any weight gain.[/quote']

I can relate. I just looked overweight before too. It's nice to just look obviously pregnant!

I got preggo about 4 months post op... I was down about 70 lbs.... it was a surprise, but we are excited.... I have 11 more weeks before my little man arrives! I have not gained 1 lb through out my entire pregnancy.... I have actually lost a total of 20 lbs. Baby is very healthy! Good luck!

I can related to you! I just found out that I am PG (totally unplanned/thought we were done surprise)- and I have my 6 month check this thurs... not even sure how far along I am but I've lost almost 75... I really really really hope I only gain 1 pound!! I gained 60 and 70 with my 2 previous pregnancies!

Wow ladies that is great, gives me and my wife hope now. Did anyone have cyst on there ovary's before the wls that was stopping them from getting prego?

Wow ladies that is great' date=' gives me and my wife hope now. Did anyone have cyst on there ovary's before the wls that was stopping them from getting prego?[/quote']

Yes I have P.C.O.S., I tried for 3 yrs to get pregnant & finally went to Accupuncture & in 6 months was preggers!!!

I haven't conceived without the help of clomid (thanks to PCOS) in 17 years. This past May I was surprised to learn that I ovulated on my own AND I'm pregnant! My vsg is totally the reason!