Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Highly offended by the ladies of "The View"

My thoughts, plain and simple - I would love for someone to go through the agony of a PB and then try to tell me that's the easy way out.

That's like saying natural childbirth is the easy way out, that tough guys get epiderals.

I didn't see it the View either. However, I am mad as heck at that statement.

1) Oh yes, it is so much easier to have surgery than diet an exercise. NOT

2) Its so much easier to chew your food 20 to 30 times per BABY bite, than gulp the food down in two bits. NOT

3) Its so much easier, you don't even have to work at it like you do when you diet and exercise. NOT

4) Its so much easier to get get a fill, then come home and have PB's episodes for days, then realize that your too tight, back to get an unfill. NOT

The list can go on and on. I know for me, I've dieted, I've exercises, HARD. Lost 70 lbs, looked damn good (for 5 min) before I gained 100 lbs back. So now I'm taking the easy way out! Oh, that makes me mad. How many hours and nights I have spent tossing the idea, surgery or not, and finally coming to the decision to have the surgery to once and for all lose the weight and KEEP it off. Its reason like the Joy statment that I haven't told people at my job, my family and friends. I don't want to hear "you took the easy way out". When this road HAS NOT been easy for me at all. This has been the HARDEST decision that I think I have ever made.

Okay, off my soap box.

Who cares what they say! While Rosie will still look the way she does, we on the other hand have taken "the easy way" and did something to improve our health, our life, our image, and just us!

Another thing, I think people who say "this is the easy way", really is just jealous, or just not imformed about it. And I don't think they really want to make the necessary changes it takes to lose weight with WLS. So they just say, I'll lose mine the hard way not do it the easy way.

Okay, now I'm really going to get off my soap box. LOL

I look at the band as the BEST way out, not the easiest. My husband had an easier time of losing weight with his gastric bypass, but he is paying for it now with all the malabsorption troubles. Eating less, way less, than the people you live with and eat with is not easier. I just don't mind it because for once, after I lose the weight, my band will keep me from gaining it back.

Saying that wls is easy is just another way for people to be mean to the overweight. When will people learn that "mean" isn't funny?

I stopped watching The View months ago, b/c I kept winding up made. People love commenting on stuff they know nothing about. I remember Rosie losing a little weight @ one point and no she seems to be AT her heaviest. I know she has to understand that it's not easy losing weight. And I am sure those comments Trump said about her hurt her feelings too. I don't see the point of passing judgement to someone else for trying to get their weight under control.

In the past I wrote several letters to the View, but never ever received a response. They did though bring up the topic in hot topics.

Please post tomorrow if they bring up the fact that they got some e-mails about the comments.

Thanks to everyone who responded! I'm glad I am not the only one upset about this!! Did anyone happen to watch these past few days to see if they said anything about our comments? Just wondering!

Can someone please tell me what PB or PBing is?

Thanks ;)

Can someone please tell me what PB or PBing is?

Thanks ;)

PB stands for Productive Burp. It is when food gets stuck and you must bring it back up, "Productive Burp". Some even refer to it as throwing up, but it is nothing like a vomit, the food hasn't even reached your stomach yet. So its not a throw up, no acid or anything comes with it. So, the key to avoiding PB's, is eat slow, chew your food, and take small bites, The bandster rules.

Guest Kara

I like Rosie O'Donnell, but I think that she is very opinionated. It is just soooooo easy to open their mouths to make quick judgments on TV. We have to remember that they want to make controversy so they get ratings and not be influenced by people who are not living in our shoes. I have tried to loose weight for years on my own and hav efailed. Now with the lap band available to me, I have another chance. I'm not about to let some person on TV discourage me. It is better to use a crutch and walk than not to be able to get around.

Threebeauties...."so what if it is the easy way out?" Yes, yes, yes!!! I love it! Why hadn't I thought of that myself!?! I will remember and embrace that philosophy from now on. Thanks! :)

Annie M

I am just being nosy. I don't know too much about bypass surgery. What types of problems does your husband have? I understand malabsorption, what are the consequences?

Again, my response to "the easy way out" debate.

SO WHAT IF IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the response " So what if it is the easy way out " too . So many times i have found myself either with someone as that as their comment or I KNOW They are thinking it.Im usually pretty good with come backs but that was good. My mom didnt want me to tell my grand mother about having surgery ( I am not banded yet ) she said " I dont want to hear it from her " I told her YOU wont have to but im sure I will and frankly I can handle myself", turns out my dad told her i was having surgery at Christmas . So i was at my mom's house my mom was paying my 14 yr old son to rake her leaves. My grandma calls and my dad tells her what my son is doing . He puts me on the phone and she asks me " SO are YOU raking leaves " I said no why " She told me " THAT is a good way to loose weight , why dont you try gettnig out there and doing THAT Instead of surgery " . I told her " Grandma I love you but If i wanted YOUR opinoin I would have asked you for it , this is NONE Of your business and I would appreciate it if you would not even comment on it if you do not agree with it."

People think they can just tell you what ever they want. UGHH H

Mindy

Rosie has a lot of room to talk. What is she doing about her own weight?

Yes, I do feel strongly about this :D

I do not mean to start anything nor to be rude. But I find this kind of comment about people who are overweight from people who are overweight or use to be overweight just as bad . I find it just as judgemental . I think we all know that it takes a certain point when your overweight to say "Enough is enough " and get the gumption to do something about it. At least that how it was with me. Either with Surgery or exersise, i think you have to be at the right place at the right time in your life for it to work . I just do not think its productive for overweigt ppl or formally overweight ppl to judge others for what they are not doing , just because your doing it youself.

Again Lisa, I do not mean to start anything, But i think there is enough ugliness towards overweight ppl out in the world and we need to stick together lol . Even if not everyone is overweight anymore.

Just my thoughts

Mindy

I do not mean to start anything nor to be rude. But I find this kind of comment about people who are overweight from people who are overweight or use to be overweight just as bad . I find it just as judgemental . I think we all know that it takes a certain point when your overweight to say "Enough is enough " and get the gumption to do something about it. At least that how it was with me. Either with Surgery or exersise, i think you have to be at the right place at the right time in your life for it to work . I just do not think its productive for overweigt ppl or formally overweight ppl to judge others for what they are not doing , just because your doing it youself.

Again Lisa, I do not mean to start anything, But i think there is enough ugliness towards overweight ppl out in the world and we need to stick together lol . Even if not everyone is overweight anymore.

Just my thoughts

Mindy

I don't think Lisalee's comment was ugly. I think it's the other way around. You would think Rosie would be more compassionate being that's overweight herself. She should understand why people would want to take action to lose weight. I am pre-band, so I am in the same situation as Rosie.

I don't think Lisalee's comment was ugly. I think it's the other way around. You would think Rosie would be more compassionate being that's overweight herself. She should understand why people would want to take action to lose weight. I am pre-band, so I am in the same situation as Rosie.

OH I totally agree with that, Im not saying that Rosie was right. I think my point , granted not very well made was bad comments shouldnt be made about her because she made them ? I too am pre banded and I see too many times on this site bandsters who are banded making "Fat" Comments or judging others who are not banded. And I think deep down they do not mean to be ugly comments. But Sometimes I think some people forget the road they travel once they get to the end of the road . ya know ? NOW im not saying im perfect. I was a single mom at 16 and I catch myself saying " OMG SHe's pregnant at 16 ! " So Iforget sometimes too .

Does that make sense ? LOL ( as i set here and listen to the ladies at the view go at it LOL )

Mindy

I DID WATCH THE VIEW THAT DAY AND WAS NO WAY OFFENDED, I REALLY DIDN'T FEEL THAT THE COMMENTS WERE MADE TO SAY "WE TOOK THE EASY WAY OUT" BUT TO RECOGNIZE THE DIFFICULTY IN LOSING THAT MUCH WEIGHT WITH EXERCISING AND DIET ALONE. LET'S FACE IT WE KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE, IT IS WHAT MADE US CONSIDER WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY TO BEGIN WITH.I GUESS THATS WHY IT'S CALLED THE VIEW TO HEAR DIFFERENT OPINIONS, OF COURSE WE WON'T AGREE WITH ALL THE TIME.TO ME THERE ARE MUCH BIGGER ISSUES IN THE WORLD THAN FOR US TO GET MAD OVER A TV SHOW. :kiss2: