Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 26 plastics... Updates:)

You look amazing, thank you so much for the updates and pictures. I am planning on having pretty much the same procedures other than possibly my arms done instead of the thigh lift. I am a little scared about having so much work done at one time but seeing your post and your results makes me feel a lot better about it. Thanks again, Oh and did I mention that you look AMAZING!!

You look Amazing! I'm considering getting a TT and concerned with topi me off work anyone use fmla. Who fills out the form when it's done in Mexico. Etc

Thanks

Thanks so much for sharing, especially the photos! Plastics scares me but I also think I'll need at least a thigh lift.

This is the most informative and BEST post ever about plastics. The pics are amazing and most of all brave....I admire your selflessness in sharing with us to help and inform !!! Thank you.

This is the most informative and BEST post ever about plastics. The pics are amazing and most of all brave....I admire your selflessness in sharing with us to help and inform !!! Thank you.

Thank you:) I know the info that I wanted to know ahead of time and I searched for a good 8 months before my ps. We get caught up in preparing and forget after to tell our story of after. I wanted to know what to expect and found alot of not so reassuring posts. Lol.

So in saying that my 4 1/2 week post op update:

I found that right around 4 weeks things changed and I am up and doing almost everything I was doing before:) I'm moving much better (still slow by dr orders but I'm not a turtle. Lol) I can now fit into all my preop cloths and do have some swelling though. I had 3 stitches that were missed and since they had overgrown my dr had to make tiny little cuts to get them out. (He froze it first, but it didn't hurt at all after it wore off). It still is uncomfortable to cough and sneeze (and laugh hard) with the stomach muscle tightning but it is getting much better!!

My only real complaint I have is the acid reflux I still am getting really bad and am assuming that is bc of the stomach tightening.

And my only regret.... Not getting my arms done and Lipo on my back to get rid of the little bit of bra bulge I still have. Lol

Thank you:) I know the info that I wanted to know ahead of time and I searched for a good 8 months before my ps. We get caught up in preparing and forget after to tell our story of after. I wanted to know what to expect and found alot of not so reassuring posts. Lol.

I found that right around 4 weeks things changed and I am up and doing almost everything I was doing before:) I'm moving much better (still slow by dr orders but I'm not a turtle. Lol) I can now fit into all my preop cloths and do have some swelling though. I had 3 stitches that were missed and since they had overgrown my dr had to make tiny little cuts to get them out. (He froze it first' date=' but it didn't hurt at all after it wore off). It still is uncomfortable to cough and sneeze (and laugh hard) with the stomach muscle tightning but it is getting much better!!

My only real complaint I have is the acid reflux I still am getting really bad and am assuming that is bc of the stomach tightening.

And my only regret.... Not getting my arms done and Lipo on my back to get rid of the little bit of bra bulge I still have. Lol[/quote']

I'm looking at just a Tummy Tuck, so how would you compare the tummy tuck pain to csection pain?

So Michelle I am going for the BL/BA, LBL, Arm lit... and on the fence about thighs. My thighs really need it, but thinking about a separate surgery - see what is left to deal with after the LBL. Dr S thinks I only need a small lift, if he agrees with that when we meet in person, I might consider it!

Anyway, I am afraid, BUT my sense of excitement and anticipation is now overcoming my fear. I love my new thinner self and plastics is to help complete that transformation!

I found that right around 4 weeks things changed and I am up and doing almost everything I was doing before:) I'm moving much better (still slow by dr orders but I'm not a turtle. Lol) I can now fit into all my preop cloths and do have some swelling though. I had 3 stitches that were missed and since they had overgrown my dr had to make tiny little cuts to get them out. (He froze it first, but it didn't hurt at all after it wore off). It still is uncomfortable to cough and sneeze (and laugh hard) with the stomach muscle tightning but it is getting much better!!

And my only regret.... Not getting my arms done and Lipo on my back to get rid of the little bit of bra bulge I still have. Lol

I'm looking at just a tummy tuck' date=' so how would you compare the Tummy Tuck pain to csection pain?[/quote']

Well from my experience.... ( I had 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy with full incision) I say it was very compare able ( a bit less of pain for me) and I say it's due to already having a numb/lack of feeling in the area already. The muscle tightening was prob the worst and that only hurt when I coughed and or sneezed. Dr. S was great at making sure your not in pain.

Thinking about surgery in Mexico. It may cost me xtra for plane fare etc xtra to take a travel companion. Had it to do all over again would you who all went alone pay xtra for a companion a lot xtra?

Thinking about surgery in Mexico. It may cost me xtra for plane fare etc xtra to take a travel companion. Had it to do all over again would you who all went alone pay xtra for a companion a lot xtra?

Personally.... No. You are well taken care of the moment you land (at least with dr. S) and if you need/want more time at the clinic for help you can stay. At the hotel the nurse and dr. come daily and there are other patients coming and going so you are not there "alone". You also get the dr. cell number and can call if anything is concerning. The hotel staff is also great. I arranged with the airport to have wheelchair and attendant support.... So no walking required. I was actually relieved that I went alone as I was able to rest and do things at my pace without feeling guilty.

Hope this helps:)

I will be having a tt, panni and Lipo. Please tell me, in detail, about the pain, drain care, recovery, care of skin around drains, incision care etc.... Need to be as mentally prepared as possible. If you have pics of incisions and where the drains come out, that would be helpful, too. I gross out easily and pass out, so want to desensitize myself as much as possible. I live alone and don't want to pass out and be unconscious on the floor, LOL!

Personally.... No. You are well taken care of the moment you land (at least with dr. S) and if you need/want more time at the clinic for help you can stay. At the hotel the nurse and dr. come daily and there are other patients coming and going so you are not there "alone". You also get the dr. cell number and can call if anything is concerning. The hotel staff is also great. I arranged with the airport to have wheelchair and attendant support.... So no walking required. I was actually relieved that I went alone as I was able to rest and do things at my pace without feeling guilty.

Hope this helps:)

Thanks for answering me. I have a friend that would go but the finances is on me. Now that My personal cost may be more than i originally planned, i cant afford anyone else, so alone I go. Unless the hubby can go to. I'm getting excited to go.

Thanks Michelle

I will be having a tt' date=' panni and Lipo. Please tell me, in detail, about the pain, drain care, recovery, care of skin around drains, incision care etc.... Need to be as mentally prepared as possible. If you have pics of incisions and where the drains come out, that would be helpful, too. I gross out easily and pass out, so want to desensitize myself as much as possible. I live alone and don't want to pass out and be unconscious on the floor, LOL! [/quote']

Lets see where to start. Lol. Pain really everything is numb around the incisions but there is the typical "surgical discomfort/pain". The lipo is the pain I had most. And that feels like a stinging pain (very similar to a gravol injection, but in bigger areas). There is bruising that goes with the lipo. I think around day 3 is when mine appeared and it was dark blue purple and black. The incision care.... I had a nurse that came every day and put cream and gauze over them. You can shower just be gentle around your wounds and let the Water just flow over them. They started to scab up and so it wasn't bad at all. Again it is numb so it doesn't hurt to put the cream on the wound. The cream also went around the drains.

I had 5 drains. 3 that were in my pubic area for my lower body lift and two for my inner thighs. The drains are long tubes with balls on the ends. They have blood the first little bit then turn to a yellowish serum. I didn't have alot as far as out put so I really didn't have to empty mine but once a day when the nurse came and did it. The drains are suctioned so there will be Fluid in the tubes as well. I had the compression garments so the incisions were covered and the only time I saw them was showering.

post-47355-13813669447409_thumb.jpg

This is the drains that I had

post-47355-1381366944806_thumb.jpg

Drains in pubic area for lower body lift

post-47355-13813669448718_thumb.jpg

Bruising and drains

post-47355-13813669449393_thumb.jpg

Incision bruising and drains