Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

Yes Tann, please share!! I got my band in April and all this is kind of new for me. I'm going in on Tuesday for my second fill. The first didn't seem to help. I can guzzle Water and eat a meal with no problem I just eat less.

If you can share how I can loose 17# by July 4th I'll join in too! I'm already walking 3 miles a day and at least 5x's a week.

Ms Jen, you are doing great with your walking, I wished I could get in 5x's a week, I do 3 mile walks too, but only 2-3 x's a week:rolleyes:

It doesn't seem like you have your sweet spot yet, and that could be the problem. I can not guzzle water or eat like I want too. I have to really take my time and chew, and even then I can only eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food. We are gonna PUSH for 15-17 lbs, but anything is better than our starting weight. Sorry I don't have any magic words for you, I just keep doing the same thing over and over.:confused:

AVILLA, it's good to hear from you again and I see you are losing weight, I hope your life easy up some so you can join us again:biggrin1:

OKAY GUY'S :director: WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS :)! 17 LBS GONE BY JULY 4TH :eek:. I MISSED THE LAST 2 DAYS OF WORK.....HAD THE STOMACH FLU:sick:yield:I WOULDN'T WISH IT ON MY WORST ENEMY. THE GOOD NEWS IS :). I HOPE ITS NOT Water AND I HAVE TO ADD THEM BACK IN NEXT WEEK:angry. I AM COUNTING THEM CAUSE TODAY WAS MY WEIGH IN DAY.:success1: ONCE A WEEK RIGHT ON FRIDAY?:confused:

ANYWHOO FILLED IN MY CHART BELOW. WE ARE OFF TO THE RACES GIRLS!!:car:

Name............Starting.......Current.....Goal... .To Go

Amy............................................... ..............17

Denise............. 298.............298........281.......17

Karey............................................. ...............

Tann............... 236.............236........219.......17

Turner.............389..............343.........329 .....14

TURNER24:cool:

Good morning troops!! :yo: Hope all had a productive weekend. Because of the massive amounts of rain :rain:we have been getting, I didn't get near what I needed to accomplished. If it doesn't dry up a little soon, the weeds will officially take over my garden. They are pretty close as it is.

Karey--For some reason, my work computer will not show some pictures that people post on here :((probably settings that I don't know how to change:noidea:...any suggestions anyone?) so last night I remembered to get on here and see your pics. You are doing great girl!!!

Avilla--:wave:Hello!!! It's good to hear from you. I don't know how you keep up with anything working two jobs. :fear: We're here cheering :cheer2:for you even if you aren't able to log on. Keep us posted though!

Tann--I hope by now the induc flu has moved on. :sick Induc flu is awful! TOM has left and so did the stall. Thank goodness! ;-) This weekend was a good one. Got a fill on Friday and everything has been going good. I am hoping my good weightloss continues. :(

Turner--I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I am so afraid of getting the flu. :( I know it has to be horrible with the band. My heart goes out to ya! :love: 3 lbs. is fantastic by the way!!! Way to go!! :girl_hug:

Ok, here's my updated numbers: WOOHOO!!! :myscared:

Amy............................................... ..............17

Denise............. 298.............292........281.......11

Turner.............389..............343.........329 .....14

Last week was not real productive for me - work got in the way.

I haven't weighed yet this week so I don't know if these stats are accurate. I had a week-end get away with my hubby and some friends at the river and I drank a little too much wine, so I will have to do an update after I go to the gym at lunch and weigh in.

It's nice to see the goal in writing - Great idea -

Amy.................267..........267........250...........17

Denise............. 298.............292........281.......11

Turner.............389..............343.........32 9 .....14

Later,

BTW -

I forgot to say - Way to go all you big losers (Niecy and Tann your numbers are amazing!!)

Keep up the good work, I need a swift kick in the butt to get me going!!

Good Morning Ladies:DI have no weightloss to report as of yet, but I feel a whoosh coming on:heh:Today is June 4th, so we have exactly ONE MONTH to lose the weight:eek:We can do it, we are determined strong minded women with a purpose,( awwwh, what's our purpose again:confused:, just kidding:heh:) I'm feeling a lil better with this induc flu, someone told me to up my Water intake, I'm trying:faint: Let's keep it moving and losing ladies:llama::success1::welldoneclap:

:help:Just wanted to check in and ask for you to pray for my mom:girl_hug:. She is in the hospital and I have been staying there non-stop (except work). She is really really sick.:sick They think she has a perforated diverticulitis. We are waiting to hear if she has to have surgery or not. I hope and pray not!! Keep up the good work and I will post when I can!:phanvan

Thanks for all of you!! :welldoneclap:

Turner24

Turner, you know you and your mother is in our prayers. I know how tough it can be my mother is sick also, she's been down for the last 3 years.

Turner,

I have prayed for you and your mother.

:angel:

Please keep us updated when you can.

Blessings,

Turner--You are most certainly in my prayers.:welldoneclap: I am very sorry to hear that your mom is sick; that is never easy. Please keep us updated. I know how difficult it is when a loved one is in the hospital but try to take care of yourself as well. It is so easy to get yourself down when caring for a loved one. We are here for you!:hug:

I started M/E today - you guys inspired me with your success!

I also had a great NSV yesterday - my husband measured me and I have now lost a total of 29 1/4 inches. Woohoo!!!

Hope everyone is doing well - I'll let you know how it goes on the M/E

as I'm on my way to 17 pound lost goal.

Later

Amy make sure you get your Water in, it is very important to keep yourself hydrated when doing the m/e so you don't get the induc flu , or not as bad. You should lose about a pound a day once you hit ketosis. Wishing you the best on it.:hungry::biggrin1:

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!:hug: MY MOM IS DOING A LITTLE BETTER. WE WONT HAVE TO GO THRU SURGERY THANK GOD!:)

I HAVE TO DRINK MORE WATER:bathbaby: I AM NOT GETTING ENOUGH LATELY. TOO BAD YOU CANT SOAK IT THRU THE SKIN IN A LONG HOT BATH! THAT SOUNDS GREAT TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I WEIGH IN FRIDAY SO I HAVE TO BE GOOD FROM NOW ON! :hungry:

TALK TO YOU ALL SOON. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :D :thumb: :) :yo::bounce:

TURNER24

Thanks for the advice Tann, I really am using you for motivation, I realized that you were at 308 on 12/31/06 and my starting weight was 310 at surgery on 1/09/07 so you are kicking butt with you big loss this year so far (I know you had already lost a bunch last year too)!! I'm happy with my 43 pounds, but truthfully I've been a bit lazy and I realize that I got the band for a reason and all of the cheating was only cheating myself. So I want to be better - and do better and I know that I can, especially with the encouragement and motivation I find on this board! :clap2:

BTW, did you ever try my eggs in a bag trick?? I did it this morning and it was great!:)

Later,

Amy, yes I did try the eggs in the bag and they were great, my boys like to make them too, lil things like that very gets them hyped up when they can "cook" for themselves. They're 10,7 & 5 so you see at that age they were really excited about it.

I visit so many weightloss boards that I forgot where the idea came from:rolleyesSo THANK YOU for telling me about that:D

Amy, you are still doing great, I don't know if you are at your sweet spot or not, but ever since I reached my sweet spot after my 4th fill in Sept'06 the weight has been coming off pretty good. So if you haven't reached your sweet spot, the weight may not come off as fast, but just keep making the right choices and it will come off. A male friend once told me that same statement once. When you cheat you are only cheating yourself. He was referring to his marriage and being faithful, but I use it for my weightloss. But so how when I'm about to cheat I forget all about that statement:eek:

I get lazy too:faint:I don't exercise like I should. I went walking today so hopefully I can keep that up at least 4x's more this week:guess