Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That YUCCKY feeling.

Hello all... Last night when I went to bed I had that framiliar old yuccky feeling. I havent experienced since I was banded. That feeling of having eaten way too much and too much sugar in my body. I can only describe it as yuccky. A bloated full, fat , tired feeling. We celebrated two of our daughters birthdays, One turned 21 and the other turned 30. We had homeade chocolate cake and homeade peach ice cream. plus barbecue and fried chicken. I dont know what came over me. Plus we went to the movies to see the Borne supremecy. There I had buttered popcorn and lemonaide. I hate that feeling and the extra food was not worth it. Even though I ate bad it wasnt anything like I would have done before the band. I have a new resolution to get back on track. I didnot realize how happy I really was just toodling along loosing weight at a pretty even pace. I am also going to start exercising. I know my problems are not that big, and I am worried about Darcy. But I need some encouragement. Please write to me... Thanks so much.... Love Janie

Janie, it sounds like you are doing the best thing by resolving to get back on track. I have seen studies that show that this is one thing that people who successfully lose weight and keep it off all do. So don't beat up on yourself because that can feed into a self-destructive cycle in which you start to feel bad about yourself and then eat to feel better. Guilt is not your friend. We all get off track from time to time. Learning how to get right back on is part of the journey, I think.

Nancy

Yesterday is over and done with and now you are back on track. Don't get yourself sick over this. I bet a lot of us have been there, i know I have. You are doing the right thing. Hope you are feeling better.

Janie, I've been there too! Moma said there'd be days like this!

We all get off the wagon once in a while. Sounds like you had alot to Celebrate, and I hope you enjoyed the splurge. Tomorrow dawns anew and you have already decided to eat healthier. You're gonna do fine.

Celebrating two daughters birthdays! We can't hold that against you! You had a little slip, now you're back on track. Good luck on finding a support group. (This forum is my support group.)

Miss Janie,

I would be VERY upset if you didn't share a concern or a need for support just because I am having some problems... No...No...No... This is a suport venue for everyone at anytime!

It looks like you learned a very valuable lesson about yourself and how eating certain foods makes you feel... that's what is so wonderful about the band... it allows us to learn about our eating habits and helps us to make the changes for a healthier and happier life! You took what could have been a negative situation and turned it into a positive... be proud of yourself!

(((hugs)))

Darcy

I htink that it sounds like the band did exactly what you needed. there are certain times when you have a 'reason'to Celebrate, but the band helped you from pushing the limit to far.

Think of it this way- whatyou had probably would have been a drop in the bucket post band- you might not have gotten the signal to stop until you had much much more. Also- I 'm sure that you are much more concious of choosing you reasons for celebratiomn after banding.

I don;t know about you all- but I am not yet banded and anything to me and hubby is a reason to eat- hard week, kids birthdays, bonus check, etc, etc. I'm sure my unbanded tummy holds a lot more 'party' food than your band one that had a good reaon for a celebration!