Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

medicaid while married?!?!?!

Just curious' date=' but you said he makes good money and I know UPS provides good benefits so why stay on medicaid?[/quote']

I go to the doctor a lot and I'm on meds and I do have copays so my secondary helps with the extra. I have 2 school aged children and one with a speak delay. So we spend money on getting her to her classes. She is to old for someobe to come to our home. My health is getting worst and if I don't loss the weight I will have to have knee replacements and surgery on my back and that is just the small part. When I have my surgery I it is really going to help. I don't really like putting all my business out there but people have been half reading what I have posted so to put it all out there everything I do and the way I save money on my med bills goes towards my daughter and getting her talking. She is almost 8 and talks like she is about 3.

OP,

My husband was against the surgery at first as well. I think he would have been okay with it if his insurance would have covered it but they don't. His main issue was paying cash for it and going to Mexico. He just kept saying why not just watch my calories and things like that.

I told him I did not care how he felt and I was doing it.

I started reading everything I could find on the surgery and having it done in Mexico. I came across a thread on here titled, something to the effect of, WHAT WILL YOU NOT MISS AFTER SURGERY.

That thread has 100s of comments and lists things I had never even realized about myself. It lists things like not being able to tie your shoes or cross your legs, the chafing, the stares, your kids being embarrassed and so much more.

I sat my husband down one night next to me and showed him that thread. I made him read the entire thing. I told him that everyone of those comments were the reasons I had to have the surgery and could not wait any longer.

He has never questioned my decision again and he is supportive.

Maybe you can search for that thread and show it to him.

It will really put being overweight into perspective for him. It also states things that are hard and embarrassing to express.

Also another thing, I know Texas Medicaid won't pay but there is a place here that will for free.

Its called TEXAS REHABILITATION COMMISSION.

You have to prove that it is something effecting your life and stopping you from working and/or getting better positions.

You have to be on a doctor supervised diet for one year and then they will put you on a waiting list.

Maybe your state has something like that.

You can also consider Mexico. I am paying $4700 plus a $250 plane ticket. You can save that, wait til tax time, borrow it, ask parents, or if you are a stay at home mom go to work to fund it.

Believe me you will find a way, I did.

I felt my husband wouldn't agree with my having the surgery but I was not willing to accept that. I had no intention of asking him for permission but i did want him to be supportive. I sat my husband down and told him" this is what i want and this is what i need to survive and because of that this is what i will be doing. i told him that i loved him and hoped that he would be supportive but i needed to do it either way and would. i had done the research, i knew what our financial part wold be and what it would take to qualify. I didn't rely on memory. I printed out all the information i could find including on the Dr i had decided on. He has been very supportive.

Okay first of all I said he just got an job offer to make more money. With what we make and the amout of children we have they told me I still qualify. My husbands insurance is my primary and all tencare pays is my copay. I didn't lie on my paperwork and I gave all my info so if they say I can keep it I will. I have bills just like everyone else. And based on that don't get upset because of there rules not mine. My husband pays taxes like everyone else so to each is his own. Even before I got married I took care of my kids. I have income that comes in as well so we don't live off the government. He is trying to make more money so he can add my kids and we want need anything from the state. But I'm using my husbands insurance to have my surgery not tax payers. And if I was to use my tenncare I have the right like everyone else to use my insurance the way I see fit if I qualify.

This is so annoying how people have to make you feel the need to tell them all your business, you really shouldn't even have to justify anything to these people.

Sent from my iPhone

soooo long story short my husband feels that this isnt important enough to go through the trouble for. Does anyone know if its possible to get medicaid when ur married? n if it covers? im feeling massively disappointed and hurt so im just trying to find a way to accomplish this without having to get him involved?

Hi Jaxmommy

I was sleeved with Florida Medicaid. I am married. Your income just needs to be low enough to qualify. Private message me any questions you have and I will be happy to answer!