Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You too!!!! :)

I am worried about you. Did you see a psychologist as part of your approval process? I am asking this out of genuine concern, and not to 'slam' you. :(

Can't we all just get along!!!! I was one of those sticklers who follows my plan to a tee. However, there are those who don't. It bothers me when posters worry about or eat things which are not part of their respective plans. What can I do? I offer my advice and leave it up to the poster, their surgeon, or nut. I did not want anything which got me to weigh over 300 lbs and still don't. However, I am not going to bash them as everyone needs to follow their respective journey their own way, even if I may not agree. I wish you all the best and hope the op finds the best path for her.

Since you like to be so so nice..... Actually I did and she said that that would be considered more of a soft food and I should wait. She did say that it was good that I tolerated it so well. She suggested adding more kinds of puréed foods first. So..... Maybe all the oh so loving and nice people will be happy with that!!!

Well if it makes you feel any better, I saw my doctor today and he said to start purée food today and gradually move to soft food by this weekend or by next Monday. Well for Breakfast I had a scrambled egg, and for dinner I ate a meatball! There was NO pureeing involved! He told me that the two stages are basically the same and just to make sure that I chew all food very good so it was the consistency of applesauce. Yup I did it.. I broke the rules..

I was sleeved on the 8th and told to do full liquids for two weeks. By 11 I had to have something solid. I ate watered down refried Beans with melted cheese and mixed my Protein Powder in it. On day 13 I ate chicken salad. I did fine. My dr approved the beans and the chicken salad was done one day early.

I understand how you feel completely! I was sleeved on July 16th and I was under the assumption that I wouldn't be hungry after surgery at all, but my stomach seems to ALWAYS be growling. My mother-in-law had the surgery done a few years back (bypass though) so I have been leaning on her for advice. She said that the hunger feeling is really from my brain. My body hasn't realized yet that the majority of my stomach is gone. So, where my brain is on a routine of eating at particular times, in reality...my stomach is really not wanting it. I have to be on 2 weeks of full liquid diet then I can start puree! I have never been so excited to eat pureed food in all my life! I am a scaredy cat though, so I follow my surgeon's orders to a T!

I was sleeved on the 8th and told to do full liquids for two weeks. By 11 I had to have something solid. I ate watered down refried Beans with melted cheese and mixed my Protein powder in it. On day 13 I ate chicken salad. I did fine. My dr approved the Beans and the chicken salad was done one day early.

I think it all depends on how your body heals and your doctors rules. I originally wasn't suppose to start solid foods for another 3 weeks. Today he told me to start puréed and gradually start soft food. I was shocked how quick he pushed me along. I tried an egg was good. Had a meatball was fine. I actually feel better today then I have all week!

I understand how you feel completely! I was sleeved on July 16th and I was under the assumption that I wouldn't be hungry after surgery at all' date=' but my stomach seems to ALWAYS be growling. My mother-in-law had the surgery done a few years back (bypass though) so I have been leaning on her for advice. She said that the hunger feeling is really from my brain. My body hasn't realized yet that the majority of my stomach is gone. So, where my brain is on a routine of eating at particular times, in reality...my stomach is really not wanting it. I have to be on 2 weeks of full liquid diet then I can start puree! I have never been so excited to eat pureed food in all my life! I am a scaredy cat though, so I follow my surgeon's orders to a T![/quote']

Your doing great! Yes head hunger is really strong I'm the beginning!

I was so happy when a was able to purée food!

It looked weird but tasted so good.

I did things like a bit if turkey meat loaf and gravy or refried Beans with a bit of cheese. Or even a spoon of hummus.

Wontons aren't included on the mushy food list, so you are skipping past liquid, mushy and into soft/solid.

Yes, some people tolerate food better than others but I'd hate for you to find out that you are not one if them the hard way.

I'd recommend you use this time to figure out why you are unwilling or unable to stick to your surgeon's plan. Talk to your doctor about your options, too. I could have smooth yogurt, pudding, Jello, cream strained Soups and shakes during my full liquid stage. Perhaps you can find one thicker options.

I'm confused on why you might be offended that some are looking out for your best interest by stating fact; wontons aren't liquid and your doctor knows best. It seems that you were looking for approval only, so why even bother to ask? :)

This was my original post in this thread and I was in no way trying to be rude or condescending yet I am being called a bitc...? I've been called worse by better and by no means does a stranger on the internet's opinion of me affect me in the least. I refuse to give someone permission to do something that may possibly cause them physical harm just because that's what they want to hear.

If you don't want to hear an answer, don't ask the question. If you are looking for a specific answer, say so up front so those who would rather tell you the TRUTH skip on to the next topic. That said, I probably wouldn't skip it anyways because there are a lot of people here reading that have not yet had surgery and they should know the RIGHT answer to a question they may not have asked yet.

I won't apologize for speaking truth, nor will I stoop to name calling and profanity. ;) That's just silly nonsense.

I understand how you feel completely! I was sleeved on July 16th and I was under the assumption that I wouldn't be hungry after surgery at all, but my stomach seems to ALWAYS be growling. My mother-in-law had the surgery done a few years back (bypass though) so I have been leaning on her for advice. She said that the hunger feeling is really from my brain. My body hasn't realized yet that the majority of my stomach is gone. So, where my brain is on a routine of eating at particular times, in reality...my stomach is really not wanting it. I have to be on 2 weeks of full liquid diet then I can start puree! I have never been so excited to eat pureed food in all my life! I am a scaredy cat though, so I follow my surgeon's orders to a T!

Are you taking Prilosec or something similar? A lot of that hunger feeling could be caused by acid reflux. I know it made a big difference for me when I finally started taking it as prescribed.

This thread makes me sad on so many levels.

I'm with you & mad @ myself for reading this.

I think it all depends on how your body heals and your doctors rules. I originally wasn't suppose to start solid foods for another 3 weeks. Today he told me to start puréed and gradually start soft food. I was shocked how quick he pushed me along. I tried an egg was good. Had a meatball was fine. I actually feel better today then I have all week!

Yes! I think it just all depends. I wouldn't of eaten a steak...but thr dr did ok the Beans. The chicken salad was put in the nutrabullet and made very mushy. I felt so much better. I was becoming easily annoyed! I was cleared for fish today and it was great!

Yes! I think it just all depends. I wouldn't of eaten a steak...but thr dr did ok the Beans. The chicken salad was put in the nutrabullet and made very mushy. I felt so much better. I was becoming easily annoyed! I was cleared for fish today and it was great!

I can't wait to try fish or chicken. I figured a meatball was already pretty mushy! I'll try the chicken salad in the bullet as well, still kind of nervous about the chunks. When your full, do you actually feel full like before surgery, or is it something else letting you know enough? I have not felt full, but I get bubbles in my stomach, if I take another bite after that I get a little pain. Do you get that ever?

Are you taking Prilosec or something similar? A lot of that hunger feeling could be caused by acid reflux. I know it made a big difference for me when I finally started taking it as prescribed.

Yes, my doctor prescribed me Nexium and I have taken it every day since surgery.