Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried appetite suppressants along with their band??

SO here I am almost 2 years out. I had gotten down to 262lbs from 330 and now I am back up to 272!!! This 10 lbs has been lingering for too long. Along with that I will be started infertility meds soon and they also put weight on - sooooo

I bit the bullet and started on phentermine today to get this 10lbs and hopefully more off before starting meds.

I have to say it really works awesome - no appetite.

I had a Protein Shake for Breakfast

Tomato Soup for lunch

flounder filet and squash for dinner

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this drug??

I haven't been banded yet, but I was on Phentermine for a year. I liked it, but the problem was that you quickly get used to it and have to raise the dosage.

I found the same experience with phentermine. It works great for the first couple months and then the effects are just not the same. Take advantage of it while it lasts. My doc wouldn't raise the dosage so I just stopped taking it recently. Good Luck.

Same experience with phentermine here. I saw a doctor for a while who claimed he had a safe drug combination with phentermine (unlike phen-fen, which obviously turned out to be very unsafe) that would extend phentermine's effectiveness. His name is Dr. Anchors, you can check out his book here if interested:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Safer-Than-Phen-Fen-Michael-Anchors/dp/0761511490]Amazon.com: Safer Than Phen-Fen!: Michael Md Phd Anchors: Books[/ame]

He also has a website.

I must say quite a lot of people say this drug combo has worked for them. My experience was after six weeks or so the phentermine became much less effective. So I stopped doing it.

It's great while it works, though.

Hello All!

Haven't been on the site for a few months so it's good to be back. As for the phentermine ... I thought they could no longer be obtained legally in the U.S. Is that not true? Where have you all gotten them from? I used to take Phentermine years ago and it was fantastic - but I do remember getting terrible headaches some times. Please, educate me on what's out there. Thanks.

Lynn

I have started on occasion taking Phendimetrazine, is that the same thing? They are a small pale yellow tablet.

I have started on occasion taking Phendimetrazine, is that the same thing? They are a small pale yellow tablet.

I have no idea. It has been a number of years ago since I took Phentermine. I do remember them being a small bitter pill. Is yours suppressing your appetite?

Yes. I dont take them regular just on the days where I think Im gonna eat the furnitre...ha ha ha

I am also hoping they will make me thirsty so Ill drink more Water. Thats one of the hardest things for me.

I have a full bottle of it.. I took it a couple times and didn't like the "HOLY CRAP I'm BUZZING FEELING" that they gave me.... I thought that I might start liking it too much.

I have a full bottle of it.. I took it a couple times and didn't like the "HOLY CRAP I'm BUZZING FEELING" that they gave me.... I thought that I might start liking it too much.

Is everyone getting their phentermine from a doctor? I don't know if any doctor would prescribe it for me. I would be kind of embarrassed to ask my doctor for it. It seems like I'm saying that my band surgery did not work for me. I've just plateaud and need to do something else. I know I need a fill. I posted a message yesterday to ask if anyone has used the fill centers usa. I want to go to the one in GA but wonder if they just give you a little so you have to keep coming back.

I guess what you all are saying is that the combination of the phentermine/phenfluromine is what was banned. I thought both meds, individually, were banned. I'm not sure if I trust internet purchases, but it's something to consider??

Read somewhere on LBT that some doctor was recommending the OTC Dexatrim that you put in Water for their patients. Don't know if it works or not though...

I took phentermine .. loved it lost weight had a barely there appetite ..... then the effect was gone, i didnt feel anything sometimes felt like I didnt take it.

my doc took me off for 3 months then back on to see if it would work.. it hasnt, I still get my perscription filled , but I am also scared it may be raising my blood pressure which I already have problems with being too high.