Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Hey all hope you are doing well. Sorry I havent been around Life is crazy busy. Looks like you are all losing well. I am slow like usual I made it over 50 lbs gone-- for me a MIRACLE ! So we will see where I get. I am not going to make it to the 75 lb down mark by the end of the year as I hoped. But I am still hoping for 65 down! Jill

Hey Jill!

You are doing great. I too am on the slow boat, but ultimately, we will get to where we are going. Not for nothing, but your loss is fantastic. You must feel wonderful. That paired with a busy life is nothing short of impressive. Keep it up!

Girlfriends!

Checking in on Saturday. It's been lazy. I had a working weekend last week, so Friday was Day #12 in a row that I'd been working. I felt beat down! My eating is still minimal. I'd guess 500 calories per day at this point. I'm working on eating more, but I like the results I'm getting, so I am not too concerned. I was eating about 1300 calories/day in the summer months, which is why I wasn't losing! (go figure) With this being the weekend I'll have more calories. I'm thinking about loaded mashed potatoes and bbq chicken fingers.

I had to put my scale in the storage closet this morning. I had been on it every damn day! I am going to leave it there until the end of the month, and then weigh again. I'd love to see a huge 5 or 6 pound drop w/in the next 2 weeks. Man, that would rock.

Kaydoll glad you got a fill. You're doing great! Don't be so hard on yourself!

VaB good luck with your interview! I hope you get the job. I have been through the unemployment gig, and it is no fun.

sweethot - have fun this weekend! I love SB. I'm also limiting carbs. I'm off alcohol and sugar 100% for the next month or two. Have fun this weekend!

Brandi - stop being so hard on yourself! You of all people should know your body by now. It's catching up with all the work you're doing, and you'll see results (a huge drop, or a big change in your measurements) soon. You look fabulous! Size 4 pants? Damn I'm jealous! :) What size are you up top now?

Steph - Hey lady! I still need to fill you in on the guy as well as the work stuff you asked about. Maybe I'll post in Yahoo. I'm taking new pictures tomorrow.

Anyhow, I am at a point where I actually can see the difference in my naked eye. I'm still 220 lbs, but I feel "normal" sized. I know that's my crazy brain, but I do. My butt isn't so bubblish, my belly isn't so globular, and my thighs aren't so fluffy. I have collar bones! I have been feeling really very pretty lately, more confident, more worthy of attention. And I've been nicer, too!

I'm about to get rid of another size in my closet and pull out the rest of my 16's.

Love you guys!

Nathalie

I forgot you can't edit.

Jill - girl? Hang in there, don't be so hard on yourself and muster up some pride! You are losing. You're not gaining. You're in a better place now than you were a year ago. Right? Yeah! You rock! How is your daughter doing? How's her arm?

So I'm 25 pounds from "overweight." Is it psychotic of me to tell you guys not to be so hard on yourselves, and still be disappointed that I'm still 25 pounds into obese? I am the first to admit that I'm in a better place than I was last year. I was damn near 300 pounds a year ago. I was wearing size 24/26. I couldn't exercise, didn't feel good about myself. So I know I'm in a better place. I just can't believe I've lost 75 pounds and I'm STILL OBESE! Gotdamn. I look at me now and feel pretty good clothed, but naked I grimace.

When I was heavier (280) and put on lingerie I swear I thought I was Kate Winslet. I just don't have an accurate body image, and I think that's always been my problem. I was obviously much bigger than I believed myself to be. And because of that, I don't know how big I really am now. Does that make sense?

And I can't help but wonder how in the hell I let myself get so so so out of control, and how much longer it's going to take before I'm really not seen by ordinary society as "fat" anymore. What size is that? What weight is that?

All I know is that I feel like getting to that point, whatever that point actually is, is attainable. It may take another year for me to get there, but I believe I can do it.

Just a few random thoughts to get me over the undeserved disappointment. :)

Nat

Thanks Sweethot!

BTW, I too was South Beaching over the last couple months. I would do the Phase 1, then fall off the wagon because of some event, then drag myself back on board. I was getting a little down about it. When I was doing it, I would drop like 8 pounds and fall off and maybe 6 of them would creep back on. I did this a few times since the summer. It was messing with my psyche. When I was at the nutritionist this week, I told her about that. She told me I need to stop the diet mentality. I should be able to eat healthy without putting myself through that "detox" torture. It was like a lightbulb went off. I want desperately to not "diet" anymore. I have been doing it for most of my life.

That being said, I still see amazing benefits to knocking as much of that white processed crap out of our diets for the sake of good health. I just hate that feeling i get when southbeaching that as soon as I had something that was not allowed, I had undid all my hard work.

Do you ever feel that way Sweet? I am not trying to put my experience on you, just wondering if you share similair pitfalls. Of course, whatever works for anyone of us, we should work it, right? I am just wondering if you too go through that stress with the diet.

Good luck this weekend at your outing.:)

well, sort of. this is my trouble...

so i start phase one and usually get through about 13 days then like you some event knocks me out! but in those 13 days i dropped 8-10 lbs. i've lost 11 doing it for 3 weeks, 13 days and then about 9 days. i fall off each time. but i don't get stressed about it though. because the weight has been maintaining.

Like in july i did it, lost 10 lbs in 7 days, then fell off for about 2 months and ate whatever i wanted pretty much, and didn't gain an ounce.

so my thought process is that i have only 48 more lbs to goal, i could lose that in 3 months if i really cut the carbs and sugar out and then relax. i could easily drag this weightloss on for the next few years, i don't seem to lose an ounce when i eat refined carbs and sugar but i maintain, because i keep my calories around 1000, (if i count them).

in SB there is no counting carbs, i eat as much of the allowed foods as i want, which is so much easier with the band because that is very little. i could never do it without the band. If i fall off for a bday cake or like last night a buffalo wing at chilis and a few chips with salsa, oh well. I'll just start fresh after that meal.

I am probably going about it the wrong way by sticking on phase one (no breads or pasta) for way to long, but i just want to lose fast fast. I've come to the point that 10lbs makes a huge difference in my clothing, i wore a demin skirt size 15 today that i bought back in april and it was so huge! i had to change, it kept sliding off my behind. i tried on a size 11 jeans and almost could button them, so it's encouraging to move down in sizes after 10-20 lbs instead of the old 40lbs at a size 20. i am beginning to feel pretty again, i can see collar bones for once in my life! guys flirt with me, ofcourse i flash my wedding band, but still the male attention went away for a while. I love shopping in normal stores like H and M and Anne Taylor or Aeropostale. i bought a size 12 Pea Coat today, last year my coat was a 2x, a 2X! this year a size 12 which will probably be huge by the end of the season.

Hey ladies,

How are you all doing? I am ok, been a bad bad girl today...lol...ice cream, and chips!! OH NO!! lol...I'll get over it... :) Today I am just not in the mood to care...

Nat--wooo hooo! I love closet cleaning day now!! :) Doesn't it just feel great??

Sweet--I have never done SB, if I knew it worked that well I may have not gotten the band! :D Sounds like you are doing good!

Jill--hope your little one is doing well. You don't need added stress from worrying about her!

Steph--you can get back on track! :)

Kay--things will get better for you!

Hi Ladies!

Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in--life has been CRAZY!

Beversman—Way to go! You look wonderful! I’m so impressed with all you’ve accomplished! By the way, don’t the cops have murderers to chase around instead of tormenting you?? Give me a break! You absolutely slay me, you know! I love your “pledge:”

OK -- Hello everyone. My name is Brandi, and I promise to stop drinking milk.... to only eat lean WHOLE protien... to exercise like I am supposed to (AKA back on the bike). I will stop eating calorie laiden condiments... and refrain from the excessive consumption of adult beverages on the weekends. I promise to start drinking Water and to take my Vitamins.< /em>

I’m going to start repeating it myself! :pray:

Nathalie—I know what you mean about the game playing at work. I’m stuck with some passive-aggressive folks who can be very hurtful. The tension can be unbearable at times—makes me sick to my stomach!

BooBooKitty—WOW!! Size 10 pants! Fantastic!!! I love that bridesmaid dress—it’s so pretty! So sorry about your accident. I’m very glad that you weren’t hurt badly!

Jillrn—I’m losing at about the same rate you are. I haven’t been moving around enough lately though. I think I’d speed things up if I exercised a bit more. :)

StephC—Sorry to hear you keep getting sick! It’s hard to know what will go down well sometimes. :yuck:

Kaydotrn—I hope your fill helps you out! Hang in there! Don’t doubt yourself—you really are doing a terrific job! I’m so glad you can count down when you’re done with school. There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel!

Bannanie—Cool new car! Good for you! :)

Bkwalling—You’re halfway to your goal. That is amazing! Keep on keeping on!!! :wow2:

Claudiagdlmex—Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling down! I know how you feel. I think my entire body has crashed and burned since I finished school. I still seem to be going at the same breakneck pace even if I don’t have classes and homework anymore. Work has continued to be nuts—a deadly combination of a heavy workload and having to work with people who can be very unkind. I’m way too sensitive I guess. I just don’t like conflict. I was so depressed that I did nothing last weekend—unusual for me. Normally I’m constantly doing something like the energizer bunny! I’ve been mad because I haven’t had the energy to exercise and I know I won’t lose as fast if I don’t get moving! I went to the doctor this week and am back on an antidepressant. The fog seems to be lifting a bit now. I’m hoping I can get back to my old self again soon. I think I may look for a new job opportunity in the spring. I can’t keep up this pace forever! :D

Faithmd—Thanks so much for the laugh—“it's hand to mouth with Oreo disease in my case!” Too funny! :bounce:

Well, I think I’ve caught up on everyone’s news! As for me, my most recent NSV was riding every rollercoaster at Busch Gardens without having to worry about fitting in the seats!! :whoo:

I’ll share this next tidbit of information because I know you will all appreciate it! I gotta go shopping for some new underwear tomorrow! The ones I have now are baggy and saggy (kind of like the rest of me, ha, ha)! :faint:

Hang in there everyone and keep up the good work! We gotta work hard to reach our 1-year goals, but I think we can do it!

Me again!

I finally dared to step on the scale this morning. While some of you have been obsessed with it, I've been avoiding it like the plague. I was happy to discover that I've lost 5 more pounds! Hooray!

I haven't updated my ticker because I usually wait for my "official" weight from my doctor's appointments. My appointment on October 11th had to be rescheduled to November 1st.

I just did some quick calculations and it looks like I need to be 208.5 by December 19th to be halfway to my goal. That actually means that I have to weigh only 201.5 on my home scale because the one at the doctor's office always makes me look like I gained 7 pounds or so (I hate that!). I think I'm going to shoot for 199 just so I can say I'm under 200 pounds! I'm sick of being in the 200s! I actually weigh 230 on my home scale right now, so I'd better make sure I really behave myself, eat right, and exercise more! I've been having better luck with more of a South Beach diet kind of approach (protein and veggies). I can eat crackers, but don't tolerate other breads well which is a good thing I think!

I have a question for those of you who are using ellipticals. Do you think those machines are more effective at burning calories than a treadmill? I've never used one before...are they difficult to use? I'm not the most coordinated person in the world. My middle name is "Klutz" I think!

Thanks to all of you for inspiring me to get motivated again! It really helps to read about everyone else's ups and downs so I know it's possible for me to get back on track, too!

Transformer - good work! Glad the scale didn't betray you. I love my elliptical, it's easier for me to stay on it and stay motivated. I don't think it burns fewer/more calories than the treadmill. Like the treadmill, the harder/faster you pump your legs, the more calories you burn.

BBK - a few treats now and again won't kill you. It'll keep you sane, matter of fact. I really really love that picture of you in the white top/black pants. You look dynamite!

SweetHot - congrats on the size 12 coat! I'd look like Chris Farley in a size 12 coat. ("Fat guy in a little coat") I agree, too, that it is encouraging to see a visible difference in my body after a 10 pound fluxuation. I remember when I was bigger, I'd lose 25-30 pounds and nobody could tell. We've come a long way!

What's everyone else doing today? I went to the pumpkin patch w/DS and had a blast. I took some pictures, but look ginormous kneeling beside him next to the punkins. I'm about to take my 10 month pictures in a few minutes. 77 pounds off, and I'm still unsure of how big a difference I'll see.

I'll be posting in Yahoo. I should also do a side by side with last year's punkin pictures.

Laterz!

N.

Transformer! Hey there girl nice to see you back again! :eek: You can get 1/2 goal. Congrats on your drop!! :P I don't know how you avoid the scale, I am on it like a bad habit! lol... good for you! Maybe staying away from it is what helps you! I really wish I could do it!

Nat--thanks girl! When you said that fat guy in a little coat I rolled onto the floor laughing you silly girl...lol...I LOVE that movie. But girl I am sure you are not even close to fat guy in a little coat! lol... ;) 77 pounds is great girl, I am sure you will see a great change! WOO HOOO!!

I spent the day with the girls, took them to see "The Game Plan" man I had no idea what an awsome movie that would be! It made me cry! I LOVED it! And yeah, The Rock is nice to look at with his shirt off! lol....

Okay. I posted pictures. A lot of them. (laugh) I can see a big difference between December and now. I just need to keep going! I want to look like BAB! (Brandi, Annie, Brandy) heheh Ya skinny bizznitchez!

Hope everyone is having a great night!

Nathalie

Ok... I also posted pics today on the yahoo group - Nat & I have the same surgery date (12/14) so we tend to do this same day stuff....

Anyhow, I'll have to do personals later - did a crazy long (and steep!) hike with one of my girlfriends today and I need to go soak in the tub before my muscles give out!

hey skinny girls,

So i had a terrible carb filled delicious weekend! but today I am back on track, i hope to lose 5 lbs by sat. I'm going to the Chech republic for a girls weekend and will probably take a ton of photos.

I have some exciting travel booked, 1 week in the bavarian for thanksgiving, Rome for our anniversary in December without kids! and we just booked a cruise around greece for April, 8days/7 nights, Kids are free! So i am super excited. I hope to be at my goal of 140 by april, i think it's totally doable to lose 48 lbs by then. that's lbs a week.

I would really love to get a bodybugg thing, but we are always spending all the extra on trips, so I don't forsee one anytime soon. =(.

Nat and bannanie, i'm going to check the pics now!

Brandi even if you didn't lose another lb. you are a complete band success. You don't look like an overweight person, you look like a thin person. I can't wait to get to that point. I still have spare tire hanging on the tummy, um thunder thighs, and chubby arms too. I hate my arms the right one especially, it hangs like an old lady, the left one has a huge scar from a tumor as a baby and has no extra skin because of it and measures 2" smaller!

Transformer, I have an elliptical, and it's easy you don't have to be cordinated at all. I like mine alright, but i wish i had a treadmill now, so i could run on it it's getting very cold here to run outside. makes my lungs hurt.

booboo- I knew about southbeach before banding but the problem without the band is when you cheat you gain it back fast! with the band not so much. so i failed preband. Banding is the way to keep it off for me. Are you getting nervous/excited for your PS? I am so excited to see the transformation. Your waist already looks teeny tiny, lucky girl!

Okay hot mamas...I drove to the gym this morning after dropping the kids off at school and realized I did not have my Ipod. I contemplated going in without it, but I seriously will skimp on my workout without it. So I drove home. Then I thought about doing a workout on FitTv to save myself the trip back to the gym. Some African/Latin dance thing...I tripped over myself during the WARM-UP...so that is a big NO. Now I am checking in here and getting back out to the gym. Maybe I will just go for a bike ride. I am being very fickle this morning!!!

OMG-Nat and Annie! Your pics are amazing!!! I am so proud of you both. What an amazing difference we have made since this time last year, huh?

So that poses the question:

Where were you a year ago today?

I for one was kicking and screaming my way back to Weight Watchers. I didn't want to do it, but was so tired of being tired! I remember the dread of going to sleep at night, sitting there with my over full stomach and just feeling so hopeless and depressed about my body. Never mind all the other great things I was accomplishing, it all came down to feeling and looking like crap! I was tired and irritable, and generally unhappy with myself.

Today, I am a work in progress. I feel like a "big" girl, without a being a BIG girl. I feel attractive and sexy, like I am allowed to flirt and not going to gross someone out...does that make sense? I am a happier person, a better mom and wife...way more confident. Things are good.

Now how about you???

BTW, I am green with envy for all of sweethot's upcoming trips. Sounds wonderful girl. You look gorgeous already..look out when you are at goal by that cruise!!!

Aww, sweethot & nat & transformer thank you girls for the compliments :cool:

but underneath all of my clothing is some interesting "stuff" -- I don't think I qualify for skinny biznitch any time soon.

Maybe I should get brave and post some pics on yahoo in a bathing suit or something. Then, you all will know what Im talking about. I am not crazy I swear. It is still all there and it still looks horrible.

I still have a big hanging tummy -- my inner things wibble and wobble... my arms and back still have fat there. My butt... well, i have no butt! ha.

TRUST me... I just cover it all up very well. I still have a good layer all over that can come off. No "crazy head" here. It is definitely still hangin on me. I joke about the "size 4 pants" -- They are NOT REALLY a size 4... (except on the tag) No freakin' way. I am an 8 or a 10 depending on the pants.

I wear large and medium tops now. I think Nat asked that. My top half has always been the problem. I looked like a damn linebacker! my shape was an upside down triangle. A great shape if your in the NFL... not so much on a young woman. ha.

-----------------

ok, confession... ive been doing awesome the last week. Even lost a couple of lbs (according to the home scale) BUT on sunday, we went out to this amish town to shop. So, I'd been so good all day that I decided I would have ice cream cone with the family. No big deal right? Well, it shouldn't have been. BUT I went to my parents and they had those Reece's Penut Butter pumpkin things... Ugh. Well, I ate one... then, i ended up eating 3 more of them before the day was over. Cute huh? just goes to show how much of this whole experience has REALLY been my willpower and not the band. i could have been doing that all along if it wasn't for my own will not to.

It is almost that time of the month. I would love to blame the craving on that, but it was just me pigging out on something that tasted like freakin' heaven.

Oh well, I am going to go back to being good today BUT damn I don't even want to try to enter all of that into fitday. I am liable to have a heart attack when I see how many calories I consumed.

I haven't had a day like that EVER. I sure hope one day can't hurt you that much. I ate like a whale. All liquids that went right down... but I ate the hell out of them. Ugh :faint:

-------------------

ok, off to check out the new yahoo pics! kick my ass for me ladies... God knows I am kicking my own today. I will have to jump on that elliptical for 2 hours tonight. or make that 3 hours... damn reece's cups! you are the DEVIL