Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

lol Brandi I don't think it is sad at all.... :)

I want a mommy makeover, but don't think I have the $$ for it.

My insurance will pay for a skin removal and I have to pay for the Tummy Tuck part and a breast reduction... :) SOOO I would be on my own for everything else.

Holy cow it's been a long time since I've been on here! Yes, Brandi, I do come lurk occasionally but haven't had much time to post!

Hope all my girls are well! I've been reading up on everyone's progress and lives and I'm hoping all y'all who are having struggles (mostly life related) are able to sort through things soon!

Anyhow - I've scared myself TO DEATH by scheduling my lower body lift. Yikes! I'm gonna basically be cut in half!

Ok... I Doing Better Just Thinking Of Whatever Happens Happens For The Best .

Bev-i Not A Mommy So I Dont Get One Lol Either

Boo- So Nice To Talk To You .. Cant Wait To Go Have Some Tequila Shots With You Lol To Welcome You To San Diego Lol

(ok Maybe No Tequila )

Ok So My Goal For X-mass Is 30 Pounds Dont Know How Or What I Will Do But I Need To Be Done With That. !!

Lets Start Our Own Bootcamp !! ?????

Bev Your In Charge Lol

Ok Girls Love You All I Looking Also Into A Tummy Tuck And Lipo On My Back Arm Tuck And Boobs That The Same As Buying A New Car Lol 10,000 So Will Se Just Looking For Now Actually Is 7000 Not Bad Its Like Buying Another Band . For Now Need To Focus On Does 30 More Pounds .and My Self Only My Self No One Else Need To Start Being Selfish Lol Right Lol

Muaaa Love Ya

Clau

Claud - My band was $16,500.00 (all self pay) -- so it will be 4 or 5 years before I am able to pay THAT off and that mean 4 or 5 year before I will be able to go afford the PS to make me look normal :-(

I hate my body. It needs fixed. By the time I am able to afford it, I probably won't care anymore. I wish I was better off financially. It would help. A personal trainer, then plastic surgery to get rid of the skin. That's all I want. Nothing special... just no more gross skin.

Boot camp sounds good, but I think I need someone kickin MY ass -- not the other way around. I am so unmotivated. I am trying, but my head is just so messed up right now.

You are right Steph -- this all started with the vacation... :-(

UGH -- must get back on track. Eating was good today, but I feel like going home and crawling in bed. I am so down in the dumps.

((((BMAN)))) cheer up babe - you'll get it together, look at me - infact go back a few pages and re-read what I wrote, you sound just like me, kick me in the butt please! You'll get out of the slump, maybe you need a tweak.

I can't believe you were a self-pay - you go girl! Theres no way I could've afforded it if the insurance hadn't paid. And as far a plastic surgery goes... it ain't gonna happen if I can't get it covered. I think it'll pay for the skin removal, so whats the difference between the skin removel and a Tummy Tuck? I guess thats a question for the support group. (if he comes this month)

Banannie!! Girl I wish you'd post a pic! I can't believe you're already scheduling a body lift, you've probably done the best of us Dec. bandsters, 104 lbs is great!!! You sure aren't that chubbygirl anymore are you!

I'm doing spreadsheets for extra cash tonight. Blaaaaak - I hate it and decided to take a a break and see whats up with my ladies but now I guess I better get back to work. Its not that I need the cash but that the guy asked me as a favor and paying me to do it so I guess I better get it done.

Well, I came home ate and did go to bed for an hour. Then...

I went 13 miles on the bike tonight... an full hour of riding. :-)

My calories were 927. That was with the Matrix Protein Shake that I drank after the hard ride. So, not bad... but I need to get them down around 800.

I think I need a fill as well. I am going to call my doc tomorrow and see if he can get me in on Saturday :-) I hope I can get this all straightened out. I know I just need to get my head back into the swing of things. thats all.

Thanks for the words of encouragment... they really do help. It is nice to have this place to come to to get things off of my chest. Better than keeping them all bottled up...

Good night all!

Brandi - I'm right there with you - I need to get my head back into things. I've been off track for about 2 months, but lo and behold, I've maintained (well, bounced around in the same 5-10 lbs). But, if I can be "off track" and maintain, well, it just cements in my mind that MY BAND IS AWESOME! I've never been able to go this far off track and not regain a bunch. Great job on the biking last night, girl! See, you can do it!

Steph - I'm still not up to posting pics - yet. If I do it, I'd throw them on the yahoo group since I'm still a "closet bandster" and don't want people to find out if I don't tell them. Since I race cars, my "name" is out there, even if it's just with the grassroots racing community, so I'm a bit secretive.

And my LBL is scheduled for December, so I'm still about 2 1/2 months away. I'm SO not looking forward to that pain! But, the doc thinks that between the skin & Lipo, he'll probably take 20 lbs off me - which is why I've already got it scheduled! I'm not as far away from goal as I thought! That and I wanted to do it so that I could also use the holidays to recover (I work in a company that gives the employees from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day off as holidays). I guess a lot of people have that same idea, which is why I had to schedule it now...

Ok... I Doing Better Just Thinking Of Whatever Happens Happens For The Best .

Bev-i Not A Mommy So I Dont Get One Lol Either

Boo- So Nice To Talk To You .. Cant Wait To Go Have Some Tequila Shots With You Lol To Welcome You To San Diego Lol

(ok Maybe No Tequila )

Ok So My Goal For X-mass Is 30 Pounds Dont Know How Or What I Will Do But I Need To Be Done With That. !!

Lets Start Our Own Bootcamp !! ?????

Bev Your In Charge Lol

Ok Girls Love You All I Looking Also Into A Tummy Tuck And Lipo On My Back Arm Tuck And Boobs That The Same As Buying A New Car Lol 10,000 So Will Se Just Looking For Now Actually Is 7000 Not Bad Its Like Buying Another Band . For Now Need To Focus On Does 30 More Pounds .and My Self Only My Self No One Else Need To Start Being Selfish Lol Right Lol

Muaaa Love Ya

Clau

Cluad--Tequilla???? ugh.....girl I did that on my bday in December I am STILL NOT recovered from it...lol...I am a martini girl....lol....

You have every right to be selfish girl, you deserve it so enjoy it! :car:

Here is a new one ladies! My neck started hurting last night... on the front right -- in front of my throat... by this evening there was a golfball sized lump starting to form...

So, I did my online research...

Background (confession) I had not been taking my Multivitamin up until yesterday (for like 2 weeks). Along with not excersing... yeah, BAD brandi.

BAD IDEA!! See below

Goitre

A goitre is an enlargement of the thyroid gland. This gland is situated at the front of the throat, below the Adam's apple (larynx). It comprises two lobes that lie on either side of the windpipe and are joined in front by an isthmus. The thyroid gland secretes hormones to regulate many metabolic processes, including growth and energy expenditure. The thyroid gland is controlled by the pituitary gland, which is located in the brain. The pituitary prompts the thyroid to make its hormones - including thyroxine (T4) and tri-iodothyronine (T3) - by releasing thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). However, the thyroid can't manufacture its hormones without sufficient dietary iodine.

If a person's diet is low in iodine, the pituitary keeps sending chemical messages to the thyroid, but in vain. The thyroid gland enlarges as it attempts to comply with the pituitary's demands.

-------------------------------

Guess what I haven't been getting??? yeah -- IODINE. :D I've been eating sea salt (if any salt) NOT the iodized and I don't eat seafood. So, I've not been getting a stich of iodine for weeks. Now my neck is in pain...

Lesson learned.... UGH!:faint:

Just a warning for my ladies... take your multivitamins!

I just took 4 and HOPE that it goes down... im an idiot sometimes... cant believe I wasn't taking my vitamins... I just kept thnking "I will take them tomorrow" and tomorrow never came... stupid ME!

It already feels better... now that I've got the iodine in my system.

Yes, i need to take better care of myself in more ways than that :-)

I know. I tend towards self-destructive... I have for awhile now.

Stuff like this, wakes me back up. Consequences to my actions.

I don't want to jinx it. So, we will see in the morning.

I rode another hour tonight! 14.0 miles

My sil had a goiter once, I didn't know it was caused by lack of iodine. I sometimes forget my Vitamins. I had them sitting on my desk at home so everytime I'd get online I'd take one, after I ran out and bought more I left them on the kitchen table, now why would I forget to take them when they're on the table? I'm good about my Calcium (cause they're chewy, chocolatey and yummy - LOL) We all need to be good about this stuff.

Great to hear you're back in the saddle, bman. I have some extra cash and I'm thinking about buying a stationary bike. What do you all think? I already have a treadmill which I used alot last winter but thought it would be fun to change it up a little this winter.

Well, ladies... things seem to still be improving. Ugh. I'm a moron sometimes. I can't believe I got that depleted. It causes lethargy (tiredness), hairloss, dry skin -- you name it.

stupid. Ive been itchy for a week now and didn't know why... well, know I know. I am also 3 days late starting my period. THAT is an endocrine related thing... I am sure I have THAT all messed up too. I'm a genius.

-----------------

I love biking, but I love it because I get to get out and move and see different things. I don't know if I could do the same thing on a stationary bike or not. BUT it would be worth a shot. something to change up the work out routine.

Banannie -- how is your biking coming girl. You were the one that got me inspired to start riding in the first place. I am envious of your LBL -- I wish I could schedule one for myself. When I saw what you said about Lipo and the skin removing 20 lbs... i know that would be the case for mine too. Hell, i would almost be at goal.

I am so happy for you!! :-)

So, my neck started hurting again today... so i decided to have my general practioner take a look at things. He said my thyroid was irritated but it was situated below where most of my pain was coming from.

SOOO, he tested me for strep... came back clear on the office test. So, he sent another strep test into the lab, and took blood work to test for a variety of other illness. Namely Mono.... Ugh

THAT would explain how tired ive been lately... The Dr. was stumped though he could figure out what on earth was going on with my neck. I'm sure it isn't band related... what it is? i don't know. He gave me pain medication for it.

this sucks. :-) but Im not letting it stop me from my exercise this weekend! stupid neck!