Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

well i havent fallen off the face of the planet and ive been kinda reading posts but my laptop is very sick :sick and the screen keeps rolling and flashing and if you squeeze hard on left corner it makes it still but then my arm aches....lol

you are all doing soooooooo well...bman your a legend:clap2: and you look gorgeous girl.

i was in tenerife for a couple of days with hubby and realised that i was eating way too much (well like not like as in b4 just bit much so im going for a fill soon but i havent lost much since last one so im embaressed:embarassed: ,also although im between 30 & 35 pound down (yes im not kidding depends on what mood my scales are in )i felt like baby rhino at poolside in tenerife and instead of making me more determined i ate more at buffet dinner ..........i feel like im failing ,,,,miserably

started yoga class last week and full of talk about what im gonna do but never actually bother ....i need a really hard kick up the :omg: why do i stand in my own way of success ?

anyway i sound like real misery guts and i swear im not just a bit disappointed in myself ...must try harder !!!!!!

nikki - don't beat yourself up. It's easy to slip back into old eating habits when we feel disappointed. speaking for myself, that's how I got fat in the first place. Sad, angry, disappointed, depressed - it was all the same. I'd stuff food down my throat to make myself feel better. Set baby goals for yourself, and stick to it. Tell yourself you're worth it. You can do it, girl! YOU CAN DO IT!

sassy - why didn't the lady give you a fill? WHy did she say it was too early? Just curious. I'd call back and speak to a surgeon, not "some lady." I assume she was a nurse? My surgeon gives fills according to what the patient says. I don't think I need a fill, but I need to start eating more hunks of meat and fewer Protein Shakes. What have you been eating lately?

kaydoll - yes, we were outside all day yesterday. I took lovebuns to the zoo and we had a nice time (even though the local zoo is incredibly crappy). Then we went to costco. We both came home and napped. HA! We had planned to watch Happy Feet last night, but didn't make it. Today we're going to see my Mom and take lovebuns to the park to feed the ducks and swing and ... stuff.

maurdan - I am very proud of you for sharing your band with your friends and being so open about it. Isn't it funny how we have each approached out banding differently in terms of how open we are about it? I still say fuggem. LOL

I think I'm going to suck it up and put that bicycle on my AmEx. I want to get a good bike and a trailer for lovebuns. I just imagine I'll be on that thing ALL. THE. TIME. It would be an ordeal getting the bike/trailer up and down the stairs though. We'll see.

Anyhow, it sounds like lovebuns is awake, so let me get in here before he breaks out of his crib again today. He made an escape yesterday and busted a knot onto his forehead. HA! I imagine he climbed out head first. Silly kid.

BTW, I have no idea what I am going to wear to this wedding next week. Right now it looks like I'm wearing a black sundress with spaghetti straps. *sigh* Hate that I'm still too fat to wear the super cute stuff in my closet. I could also just wear black slacks and a pretty blouse. We'll see. Decisions, decisions.

Have a great day ladies! Enjoy the weather! It's supposed to be 81 here today!!!!

Nathalie

Sassy why did she say it was too early? Have you had a fill recently? I like the Zone Protein Bars. I don't do the shakes, yuk. Its hard to tell if you really need a fill or not. With myself I try to see how I'm doing calorie wise and if I'm following the band rules, how much time between eating before I feel hungry. My PA asks me all that before he will schedule the fill so I track it myself too. I don't think getting "stuck" is the same as needing a fill. Getting stuck or pb's, sliming all happen to me when I eat too fast or too big of a bite.

Nikki we all go thro the disappointment in ourselves. Don't be embarrassed to get a fill bc you haven't lost anything! Thats all the more reason to go in. Just keep checking in with us and you'll get on track again. 30-35 lbs is great!!!

BK - wtg on the measurements!!! It feels great doesn't it? And yes the scale is the evil one. It told me today that I haven't lost a pound this week! A couple days ago I was down 3 - but today was my tracking day. :rolleyes:

I actually think I need alittle more fill now. Its been 3 weeks and I'm beginning to feel hunger alot faster and its harder to keep my calories below 1200. I went to the wedding yesterday and I did pretty good, no alcohol (wasted calories) but I was so hungry before the food started and I drank 2 ice teas they were sf but then I had all this liquid before I ate, I think I ate more then a cup - but its so hard to tell. Yummy food, flank steak, chicken alfredo... CAKE.. I just did a little bit of it all. The groom was chef at the club for a few years and he created some of the recipes - he was amazing when he worked with me, and he knew I loved food so he'd always bring me samples to try - any wonder I got fat? Anyway I took a bite of the steak and went uhoh! Sat my fork down and waited for gravity to do its job, then I took the tiny little bites like I should and it was great. There was a man at our table who we thought we should know and just couldn't place him, through conversation we realized we did know him... when he was 240 lbs heavier! He had been 500 lbs and had gastric bypass! So then the topic turned to my lapband. I was the first person he'd ever met who'd had it done. His brother died from the bypass back in the late 70's, his other brother almost died, but he still went through with it. He said his dad died at 47 so he knew he had to do something. It made me very thankful for the lapband.

Its supose to be 78 here today - there's still snow in the shady spots! Anyway I'm going to church then I'm going to get my flower gardens ready for spring plantings. Have a good day!

Also tried to edit, and got those dumbass smilies between every letter. The "upgrade" sucks.

bk - EXCELLENT GIRL! Don't you love to see your numbers going lower and lower and lower? The scale may not move, but your tape measure will never fail you! I'm happy for you , momma! Where do you measure? You know, the more body parts you measure, the more inches you lose. ahaha I do: neck, chest, ribs, waist, hips thighs, calves and upper arms. I need to measure on the 1st.

*waving at StephC!* I see ya girlfriend!

Nat

Step and Nat - I trul don't know and she WAS the "surgeon". She asked y i felt I needed one and i told her... "I don't know.. just know it's been a month and I was only given 2.2ccs last time" She told me if she filled me again I'd be overfilled but when i thought about it yesterday.. she's the SAME individual that told me I'd need to come back cause that wasn't much! This is RIDICULOUS! And while i'm not completely following the rules... I felt the fill might still be an issue. So... I've decided to get BCK on track and follow ALL of the rules. We'll see where i get with this and go from there!

~Sassy

I made it to ONE der land today ! It sure was nice to see that number even if it may not be there tomorrow! Got to go- Night Night!

Hope all you lovely ladies had a beautiful weekend!! Here in VA it was in the 80s and on Sat. I walked around DC ALL Day w/my friends (and my legs are hating me for it!). We had a blast...we ended the day at a comedy club and a delicious greek restaurant!!

Yesterday I went to a winery w/a group of about 20 people and my best friend (sort of BF), fainted and we had to call 911 and get him to the hospital! It was really scarey, but he was fine after a few liters of fluids...he was just really dehydrated I guess.

I am eagerly counting down til my fill next week.....realizing that I desprately need it! My scale has not budged at ALL in April :-( Very depressing! ALTHOUGH...when I was getting ready to go out yesterday, I did try on a pair of size 18 shorts and although they were not ready for public viewing, I could actually get them on and zip them! :) So I know those teens are right around the corner!!

SASSY...sorry to hear you couldn't get a fill! I can't believe they can tell you based on the amount you've had that you do or don't need one. You should call back and tell them you can eat more than 1 cup of food at a time and you know you need a fill!

JILL....CONGRATULATIONS on making it to onederland!! That is awesome!!! I can't wait to get there myself!

STEPH...hopefully all your snow is melted and you got to enjoy some beautiful weather this weekend!

NIKKI....glad your back posting. This is the place to be if you need support!! Hang in there, you'll get back on track! Just remember this is a process, not an overnight cure! (I have to remind myself ALL the time!):)

NAT....I'm sure you'll find some bootylicious outfit for the wedding! ;-)

Ok, well, better get to work, talk to you all later!

Jillrn - Congrats!!! doesnt that feel great? Onederland!!!:clap2:

I can vary as much as 5 bls from day to day... I guess that is the margin of error for Water. becuase I know the fat isnt moving around that quickly. :-) so i know what you mean about it not being there tomorrow. BUT I always record my lowest weigh as my weight THAT way... I have to make sure i work to get below it. It is like my scale sets the "mini goal" to keep.

Sassy - There is no reason that the Dr. couldnt "tweek" what you have in your band. My doc puts the Fluid in .1 or .2 CC at a time! I went in for a fill last week and just got another .2CC -- THAT took off the hunger and added that extra little bit of tightness to it so I wasnt hungery or eating too quickly.

That IS why you paid such a large amount of money. To use the stupid thing!! I'd tell that Dr. that you could have been hungry WITHOUT the band. The whole point in getting it was to prevent THAT. I dont understand some of these doctors that hear about. They make no sense.

I sure hope they take care of you soon. :-)

Nikki -- hey girl! welcome back :-) You're from the UK arent you? "misery guts" -- my ex-husband used to call me that all the time. that or silly cow... I hate seeing stupid things like that and thinking about him :cry , but you are the first person that I've heard say that since he left.

-------------------

I volunteer at a local school during the summer and fall... helping with their music program. Well, the parents and their children havent seen me since last fall. They had a program this past saturday, and I went down to support them.

A few people didnt even recognize me. now... I dont think there is THAT big of a difference. My mother went down with me and it was $3 a piece or $5 for a family. The lady went to give her change back as though she was just paying for herself. Mom said, "no, just do the $5 for a family. I will pay for myself and Brandi."

The lady (who i know very well) stopped. Looked behind my mother... right at me... and just starred for a minute. Then, she just freaked out. She said, "OMG I didnt even recognize you."

So, that was kind of interesting. I felt like some kind of side show freak the whole night. Everyone kept stopping me and pulling me aside and asking 67,281 questions apiece.

Damn it if I still dont feel HUGE! I was thinking about it this weekend. I know I am smaller, but until I make it to this image I have in my mind, I dont know if I am every going to be happy with my body. I dont know if that image is realistic at all either.

I went through my closet this weekend. I have NO clothes left. I must of gotten rid of $600-$800 worth of clothing. My closet is literally bare. I have enough clothes to get me through a work week (and a weekend) and that is it.

OK, done rambling... I am promising myself to get back to exercise THIS week. Starting today. So, if I dont report in later about how exhausted I am from working out. Someone kick my butt.

Jill - Congrats on Onederland!!!!

Sassy - you should have a say in the fills. You should be able to get one if you're hungry and following the rules of eating slow & small bites if you're hungry - I'd say go back and if you don't get a fill, make them explain why in enough detail that you agree with it!

Kirsten - WTG on the 18's!! :)

Steph - I'd still take your snow in the shade to get 70+ degrees! It was 50's and 60's here over the weekend - got a bit of sun, but nothing amazing.

Brandi - I'm in the same boat - I know I'm smaller but my head hasn't caught up. How cool that you've lost so much people don't recognize you! That's amazing! Are you comfortable yet with people oogling over your weight loss? I had a wedding shower on Sat. and a b-day party to go to on Sun and people were commenting/complimenting left & right. I'm trying to be gracious and just say "Thanks!" but I'm really not used to all the attention (and questions). 99.9% of them don't know I'm banded...

MOnday, Monday....

Okay, so I bit the bullet and went to the tailors to take the strapless (gasp!) dress I have to wear in an upcoming wedding to be altered. I was stupid and measured myself and called the shop and ordered a size 20. I was measuring a size 22 in the waist but a 16 in the bust. I refused to order the 22 and now I sort of regret it. The dress is very tight in the waist..like my ribs hurt for days after! and still huge in the bust. I just took it in and the seamstress couldn't believe how big the bust was. You wouldn't mind but I am reasonably proportionate. She also commented that she hopes I don't bust the zipper because it is pretty snug....ho-hum..that didn't make me feel good. Never mind the original horror that I have to spend a day in a strapless dress. waaaaa!

Sorry, enough whining. I should just be happy that I will be in this wedding 50 pounds lighter.

Jill-congrats on onderland! I long to be there. I am hoping by end of June at the latest! Enjoy it even if it is fleeting because you know give or take a few days, you will be solidly there. I saw 219 yesterday morning, but this morning it read 222. Despite my measly 1100 calories and activity so I know it is that dang water! I hope it flushes by tomorrow since I weigh in then.

B-man! I cannot believe that happened yesterday. Wow! How amazing to think your appearance could change that much. You do look fantastic. I thought you were beautiful in that before as well. I hear you on the body image. Somedays I think I feel thinner than I am and other days I feel like I need to walk through the door sideways. ugh.

Good morning my beautiful banded babes!

I slept in this morning and didn't work out - AGAIN! dang I need to stop doing that. I haven't walked all weekend. And it was so nice out.

:wave: Hi Natster!

Jill - WTG!:) Onederland feels great! Did you get another fill?

Bman - your looks have changed so much - its amazing. I'm very proud of you. Weight really makes a difference. Last year I ran into an old boss, he always had a little crush on me, flirting and stuff, well I said hi Sam, he gave me this blank look and said oh Steph I didn't reconginze you.... I know he was thinking since you gained so much weight. At that time I had put on 70 lbs since I had worked with him. I remember leaving the store with this aweful sick feeling. I can't wait to lose another 30 lbs and run into him again.

Hey I hear ya about the closet cleaning! I had so many clothes that I had packed away that after I cleaned it out I filled it up. But they are old - when I get to goal I'm trashing the whole lot and going hog wild! I've got this little thought in my mind that if I hit goal this fall, then get a Tummy Tuck in Dec or Jan, by the time income tax returns come I'll be ready for a whole new wardrobe!

Sassy I gotta agree with Brandi - its your band the dr should respect your thoughts on it. I remember the first time I called for my 2nd fill, Nate talked me out of it and I didn't know what I should be feeling. I actually just called to schedule another fill, I'm hoping I'll get in this week. I just want "tweaked". I only got .5 the last time so I was thinking just a point something will do it.

Nat the zoo sounded fun - I loved having babies and doing all that stuff. I think the bike sounds like fun too. I wore slacks to the wedding I was just at, but there were alot of cute dresses there.

VaKirsten your weekend sounded so fun! I love sightseeing, I love greek food, and I love wine tasting! It sounded like a great time. Before you know it you'll be telling us about the 14's that you're wearing.

I guess I better get to work - I have a ton of it to do. Its quarterly tax time too - ugh - a favorite part of my job. Can you believe I actually whined about being bored? :) <---- wacko

brandi that is awesome someone did not even know I love it sounds like a nsv to me

sassy I agree with the others about your band

kay I know how u feel to not want to order or buy the size u are that is me totally

ladies tommorrow I am getting a fill at my docs office I will just pay for it last night I ate 3 slices of pizza

I had barely ate all day and was starving but I have never ate that much since being banded

I need a fill in a bad way I know i didn't stretch my pouch from overeating once but I need a fill still

I got my doc just to charge 250 and that covers a whole month incase i need more fills or unfills that month

pretty awesome I am happy

Good luck on the fill BKwalling. I would be freaking if I could eat 3 pieces of pizza. I am sure you didn't stretch your pouch..but obviously there is not that much restriction.

I had a grilled cheese tonight for dinner (whole grain bread) Not something I would normally eat but DH cooked and I figured I would try it. I ate half and really chewed, then took a bite of the second half and knew I was done. It really wasn't that enjoyable because when you chew that to mush it is like a goo in your mouth. I will stick to my chicken and salads. Plus I know nutritionally it is a better choice.

Dumb question, but how would you all deal with having Soup and salad for dinner? I had a 1/2 cup of soup last night and 1/2 a salad and was not sure if that was okay. The whole no liquids with meals and all. It was a thick soup so not really like drinking Water with my meal. What would you all do? Should I not eat those together? I did fine and was very satisfied after my small meal. Just not sure if that was the wrong thing to do..:)

Quick question: Am I the only one that's haing to get fills with no numbing agent? Just found out others are being numbed. Please respond before I get really upset for nothing!

~Sassy

Sassy, I've never had numbing agents - from what I hear, they are also administered with a shot and actually sting/hurt more than the needle for the fill! Most people at my doc's office don't get it, and even if they try it, they switch back.

Kay, I try to stay away from Soup & salad just because I have the same question. I would think as long as you do the soup first, you're somewhat ok, but I doubt it's the preferred meal. I don't really see much wrong with it though if it satisfies you! The whole point of no fluids with meals is to ensure the food stays in your pouch to satisfy you. If it did that, I doubt it's a problem!