Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

steph So does all docs unfill your band before giving you more Fluid a little confused I think seven lbs is do able go girl

B man I am so happy you feel like a lady again we are special people right

b00 you seem to be running yourself to death about like me slow down

Okay ladies crazy story

My husband and I went out to eat at a local mexican eatery and I shared his Fajitas maybe three bites and a couple chips I thought all is well

I was wrong I went next door to the shopping center and began shopping my husband had left to go to work we drove seperate anyhow I had a few spring choices in mind and some to try on when I got the all to familiar golf ball feeling so I laid the clothes down and went to the sidewalk and threw up a little fluid I guess spit that wasn't going down anyhow

no one seen me so I went back in and began shopping again I went up to the clerk to ask for a dressing room and got the feeling again but worse I could not even talk it was so bad so I slammed the clothes down and ran out threw up everywhere

I was to embarrsed to go back in so I tried to call and explain no answer it was a busy signal all day

anyways I had to go to court about the boys next and I spent the rest of the evening in the bathroom throwing up I have never pbd this much not sure if I pb'd or it the stomach bug being a pain in the but again

oh for yall that know about my boys we just got postponed still no news

bk-- i am really worried about you getting sick this much. Ive only thrown up three times and that was the day of my stomach virus... and it was only a very little bit. It had nothing to do with food becuase I hadnt eaten.

It sure seems like your sick stomach takes place after eating which would lead me to believe it is band realted... or the band is aggrivating it. Every time you throw up there is a risk for slipping. I don't want you to have any trouble girl. you are much to sweet a lady for that. :-)

I think you should go get unfilled for awhile and let you tummy rest. Then, try the fills again.

Steph....glad you got that fill back up to 5ccs! Hope its the sweet spot this time and it all stays in there!!

BK...sorry to hear about the puking.....I think if you were doing it over and over, it wasn't a PB but a real puke...hope you don't have the bug that I got!!

I had a NSV today!!! A fellow bandster had given me some of the clothes she didn't wear anymore and there was a short sleeve sweater in there size XL (18-20)...well, when I got it from her about a month and a half ago...I tried it on and it was TOO tight to wear in public!! So I put it back in the closet! WELL....the weather here in VA was going to hit 80 today so I figured, I'll try it and see how bad it looks...it fit GREAT!!! I am in clothing that does not have a 1x, 2x or 3x on it!!! :faint: :rockon: I can't belive it!!! Now if only I could be that size on my bottom! ;-) lol

B-man yeah my doc when he done the fill did it under fluroscope and said the band looked fine

I honestly as much as I hate to admit it I think it is my fault because I have a prob chewing my food

I have gotton better and being doing fine but I think the steak meat irrated my band because not chewed well I will try to chew better

I have another appt the 27th and of course I want fills but I am scared of the slip from pbing you know

honestly the court day when I was throwing up it was nerves and a little left over stomach bug

I will speak with the doc hopefully i will get the hang of the band like all of yall seem too

I never dreamed I would be the girl who pb'd I always thought I would magically chew better when banded

va thanks for the well wishes and congrats on the nsv and aren't u lovin this nice weather

Maud--thanks for the info. It is a bit expensive but if it works I am sure well worth it! Let me know if you get one.

Well, it arrived today. I'm feeling a bit of buyer's remorse (because of the price tag...more money into weight loss....) but I've also uploaded calories burned three times already. Tomorrow I plan on tracking the calories I eat and see how I do without exercise. Then, I will add in the exercise. I want to see how much of a difference it makes calorie wise. I'm not going to stop exercising, I just want to know how much I truly burn.

I'll keep you all updated. I just hope this doesn't go the way of so many things...

Bk - that didn't really sound like a pb. When you go in hopefully they will do you under fluro so they can check the band. Thats the best thing about fluro .. peace of mind. I've got your boys on my prayer list, I hope all will work out for you.

Va - WTG girlfriend! Isn't that the best feeling! I needed a new spring jacket and tried a 16w on and it was just sloppy on me, so I bought the 14-16.. and believe me I hestitated bc its alittle snug when I snap it around the belly but then talked myself into by saying hey it'll be too big by fall anyway. I love my band!

Claudia - good luck on your fill.

Maurdan - I tried to look at what that bug thing is but after it loaded it never played. Does it just track what you've burned?

Last night me and dh were talking about my dr visit. I was telling him about the bmi - that I would need to get to about 125 to be at the 'healthy' bmi and the dr said he leans towards the highest side. (for me around 140) Hubby says Steph I don't want you to get as thin as you were when we got married. I said oh no (good grief I weighed 103!) I'm not even going close to that. He said I don't want you to look sick like Trish, yeah she's thin but she doesn't look good, I said thats malnutrition - she had the bypass - he goes on to say, you don't need to be thin, just shapely. LOL Well hey I was shapely, like an apple! Actually he was trying to say that now my boobs stick out farther then my belly but he couldn't get it out without saying something that might hurt my feelings. He said look at me, my belly, I would probably be considered obese. I said yeah you would - mr I can eat anything and still wear my size 34 jeans - it was an interesting conversation. A few years ago I got down to 180 and he wanted me to stop there - and I did and went up again. I wonder if he's feeling a bit insecure, he is older then me, and grey and since I've lost this weight friends will say hey steph who's that old man sitting next to you, stupid comments like that. I was thinking I guess I'm glad this is going slow, its giving us a chance to adjust.

I said I would post the card they gave me to tell if you are at the sweetspot.

Add Fluid: Hungry, Big Meals, Looking for food

Optimal Zone: Early and prolonged satiety, Small meals satisfy, satisfactory weight loss or maintenance.

Ruduce Fluid: Difficulty swallowing, Reflux-heartburn, Night cough, Regurgitation, Poor eating behavior

It was put out by the Lap-Band company. The thing that had me confused as to whether I was too full or not full enough was the looking for food - needs a fill, and the poor eating behavior - needs an unfill. I was definitely eating the wrong choice of foods! But I also felt real hunger at about 3 hours - my stomach would be rumbling! I hope this helps you all.

Ladies, I'm so bummed today. Even with being way too tight for a few days, my weight hasn't changed since last Friday. I know my calories have been too low until yesterday when I could eat again (even then it was 1000 max), and I've been working out regularly. I'm almost depressed!

The *only* thing I can think of is I did change some of my exercise routine late last week (with the ok of my foot doc - still have a bum foot from some torn ligaments last Sept.). Doc basically said "try anything but stop if your foot hurts" and ok'd me specifically to try the leg press machine at the gym that I like. So since last Friday, I've been on the elliptical vs. the upright bike for 30-35 of my 60 min, and I've been doing my leg presses when I do my leg exercises (both of which made me sore, which I hadn't felt for a while).

I'm so hoping it's just some additional muscle growth. I'm getting into that "I'm going to fail this thing" mode which I *don't* like at all!! I'm just so dang bummed! It's hard for me to look at how far I've come when something like this happens! I'm ok with a few days stall in weight, but six?

:)

bannanie -- Dont worry Hon. and DONT get depressed. Your weightloss so far has been awesome. Your loss per week is very much ABOVE average so far. Just remember, we should only be losing about 2 lbs a week once we get settled in... your body is just catching up with you. :-)

We all need a bit of down time to allow things to adjust.

I am as impatient too, but remember when things slow down it gives skin time to shrink and the body time to heal and adjust to the drastic changes its undergone the past few months.

Don't be disappointed with your accomplishment!! Your over 50lbs lighter than when we started talking just 2 1/2 - 3 months ago!! That is incredible!!

Thanks Brandi. I know I should be happy, I'm just impatient as you said. I know I didn't get this heavy overnight and can't expect it to come off that fast either. But I want it to!

I just tried inputting my calories on Fitday (I hadn't been using it) and yesterday I thought I ate a lot - turns out only about 750 cal, even with me eating a 1/4 cup of peanuts trying to get some of the "good fats" and a touch of protein! Today's estimate (I don't have all the food labels in front of me) isn't any more. I really need to get to 1000. Maybe I'll have some milk today...

Banannie - Yeah, it is possible you arent eating enough... that happens.

Don't worry about being impatient... like I said, I am too... i totally understand.

Just try playing with Fats, Carbs, and Protein... adjust them so you are getting the calories from different places. More fat one day, more carbs one day... more Protein One day.

I think that helps too. Mixes things up a bit. So, your body doesnt know whats coming.

Annie you are doing GREAT! don't get discouraged - I think 50 lbs is wonderful! And all the exercise you're doing is great, maybe you're just building that muscle. Drink MILK every day or at least get that Calcium in somehow, very important for strong bones.

That's a good point - I've heard of mixing up the calories (like what Nat did) to fool your body, mixing up exercise, but I hadn't thought about mixing up nutrients. I'll try that! :) Yesterday was a higher fat day due to the peanuts, today will be higher Protein, maybe tomorrow I'll try higher carb.

Thanks!!! :)

I'm finally on the losing streak again, down a lb. I have lost 46 lbs to date since last June. My goal is 4 more lbs to hit the 50 lbs mark. That will put me 32 lbs to goal.

Hola Girls ,

So I Went Walking Yesterday And I Ran Into One Of My Cousins Well It Was So Funny Because She Didnt Reconize Me Lol Felt Nice Also One Of The Manager At Our Company Hadnt Seen Me For Months And He Said Wow Your Getting Skinny Lol Nice Coments But Not Skinny Yet Just What NOT WHAT SO EVER I Am Only Half Way But Just Wanted To Share With You It Made My Day Since I Havnt Lost Wait In The Last 3 Weeks :success1: And Going For My 2nd Fill On Sat.ITS FUNNY THAT EVEN THOUGH I LIKE THE COMMENTS OF MY PROGRESS SOMETIMES ITS HARD TO DIGEST THEM . DOES IT HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE ITS LIKE ITS TO GOOD TO BE TRUTH BUT THIS TIME ITS THE TRUTH .

Bk How Are You Doing ?

Bev - So What Happend With Your Best Friend Has He Called ?

Annie- I echo what the others said u are doing awesome

steph _ I feel the same about my dh he always is saying don't get too skinny and everytime we sit down to eat he is like I am a pig look how much I am eating compared to you I am like no you are not a pig just not banded

I feel sorry for him sometimes

claudia congrats on the nsv I am skipping the gym today I hurt my wrist at work I am upset