Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Hi everybody! I wanted to thank you all for the good advice. I think that as of this morning I am finally unstuck!!! Stupid peice of onion ring - so much trouble for such a small mistake!!! First I tried the warm drink (sipping) and that helped a little. I wanted to try the olive oil but didnt have any in the house (BTW do you think it would work with any kind of oil??). Finally, a freind who was banded in august just happend to call and I asked her and her advice combined with your advice about the waram Water helped...finallly...what relief!!! she suggested that i should take a sip, hold it in my mouth while I raise both hand overhead and look up while swallowing. It worked - I actually couldnt beleive it!!! I want to get the aloe vera juice and olive oil in case I need it in the future. Didnt get to use the wine - that seemed like a great idea as well. thank you all so much for your guidance and support!!! sorry about the repeat info in th eother threads but I was so desperate for answers and some different people post in different threads so I figured the more advice the better. Deseprate times call for desperate measures...huh?

BKwalkin - your dad will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

skinnymom its great to hear your free from the evil onion ring ..im terrified of stuffs sticking though strangely a bit annoyed that stuff doesnt stick as i then worry about restriction..haha

what a bloody complainer i am.

sweethot well done on weight loss and...... jeans story i cant wait to slip my 18s on

if i jump around and tuck my fat and not breath i can get them on now its just not the same.....lol

mystique - haychoo. :laugh YOU MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD! jump around and tuck your fat in? HAHAH Yeah, that's about how I'm fitting in the size 18's. Then I have to lay on the bed and suck in my guts on an empty stomach to get them to zip.

skinnymom - I have added your advice to my little toolkit. Especially since it worked! I do think any kind of oil will work. I would've used flaxseed oil instead of olive oil.

bk - your pop is in my thoughts and prayers. I know he'll pull through like a champ.

sweethottie - ROCK IT GIRL! 6 pounds down? Man, I need to put my scale away until the 14th (1 mo. anniversary) for my next weigh in. I get on that stupid thing about every other day now.

All:

Just looking at my surgeon's info regarding fills. The material says "Fills to the LapBand are provided at a cost of $125 each."

Does this mean $125 out of pocket, or will the insurance company pay for it?

Maybe I'll just call the surgeon's office. I don't like surprises, and if I get in there on 1/25 and they want me to write them a check for $125, I'm going to be a lil peeved.

N.

skinnymom, i'm glad you are unstuck. sorry i didn't offer any advice, but i didn't have anything better than the great advice you already received.

haha, yeah, if i want to squeeze into my 16's i have to tuck in my fat suck in till i can't breath get a spatual to hold down the fat while i jump up and down and pull and pull. then the zipper pops open.

bk- we'll say a prayer for your DAD

Hey everybody.....first fill is now in the past!!!! Wasn't bad at all....he gave me a numbing shot which I barely felt, and then he found the port and put in 2.2 ml of saline....man I feel full!!! on Clear Liquids until tomorrow then full liquids and mushies for a few days....

Nathalie...I think you were the one that told me to journal...I made a pact with myself that everytime I felt an urge to eat when not hungry or eat the wrong thing, then I would journal until the craving was gone. I have been doing it for the last couple of days, and it is really working! Thanks!

skinnymom why do you think you made any of us mad....that is really silly...quit apologizing. It is pineapple juice not grapefruit. Eventually it should pass....if it were me and the pain continued I would call your doc.

Steph is it tomorrow that you get a fill ? Good luck it is a bit of relief to feel restriction again!

mystique....I had two boys first, and then two girls on the end....and they are so worth it! So fun to go shopping for!

Sweethot...I can't believe you have to wait that long for a fill....Torture!!! I would call the other doc and talk to him about it! Wow a yr without dh.....I feel for you!!!!It is so hard doing it alone. Tell your hubby that he has my support in iraq, and hope everything will go great and he will be home soon...( my prayers are with you guys.)

I know that i have missed alot but got to go feed a hungry baby....toodles!

thanks for the kind words dawnae- just to clarify so i'm not getting any extra pity here. Hubby went to korea from august 05-august 06 and not going to iraq until September 07. So he is here now, and we are enjoying every (most) minute of it together. I think the deployments seem worse to people who are not a military family. to us it's just his job, we deal. Korea was hard , i put on 65 lbs! maybe due to my iud though, but i was completely stressed.

yeaah for your fill. i emailed my dr about it.

the journaling sounds good , i'm going to try that.

hi friends - got back from the dr today - bad news is I don't get a fill for 2 weeks! He said absolutely no fill until you hit 6 weeks - he says it gives the band time to get scar tissure built up and blah blah blah - seriously I still think he's damn sexy! I know I'm impatient and we talked about my goals and diets and everything I vented to all of you. He said thats exactly what he wanted to hear and he said tell those who ask that first of all you did not have gastric bypass and secondly its none of their business how much weight I've lost. :) gotta love him!

I forgot I had said earlier that I would order pizza for supper - instead I'm having turkey and mashed taters - LOL I'm allowed to eat regular foods and I pick soft ones - BUT wait - I'm making better choices aren't I? NSV!!! Yea!!! I'm working towards my goal! OH and another NSV - when I got home I was really craving something sweet - started reading the little debbie box - omgoodness - don't go there! So I made a cup of madagascar red vanilla tea - a packet of splenda and a dash of vanilla coffee mate and I was satisfied! I learned the hot drink trick from you girls - thank you very much.

Kay - I bought myself some mom jeans today at Walmart - on sale for $13 so I bought 2 pair - did I go down a size - NO! Still in a 16 but they are so comfortable! They button at my belly button and I love them! I know its kinda stupid to buy stuff now but I had all these gift cards from Christmas, and it was on sale... so I also tried on those jeans that have the tummy control - great idea <--- sarcasm Not a good idea for someone with belly fat - so I pull on these pants get them buttoned turn around and scream! All my fat was pushed up and falling all around the flat tummy band! I couldn't even tuck it in if I had a spatula! The picture on the display is of a girl thats a size 4.

So now that you all know I'm insane - I'll leave you and go fix supper.

Love you girls.

Sweethot- U Deserve Pity Anyone With Two Kids And Their Husband Gone Needs Pity

Thanks All 4 Praying For My Dad My Immune System Still Ain't Were It Should Be After My Surgery And A Lot Of People R In The Hospital With The Flu

So I Have Been Wearing A Mask And Doing Short Visits

Nat -i Have Wondered The Same Thing Bout Fills I Am Going To Call And Check

Sweethot Congrats On 6 Lbs U Go

Dawn I Am Glad To Hear 1st Fill Went Good Let Us Know If U R Full After A Few Days

Did He Xray To Find The Port Just Wondering

I had my first fill today and it went great. No pain he said he put 1.5ml in and I feel tighter than I did. I am back to drinking slow and he said liquids for 2 days. I have lost 12 lbs since the surgry. He thinks I am doing great. More good news I GOT THE JOB!!!!! I am so excited. I start tomorrow. Now I have a question does anyone know of a DR that has banded a person after they were stapled. I have a friend that was done 29 years ago and she really could benefit from a band but my Dr doesn't do it if you had a previous bariatric surgry. she has a BMI of 47 and her sugar is out of control. She is really desprete. Just thought I would ask, I told her how helpful all of you have been wiyh info so maybe one of you might know something about this. Well hope all is well in band land. Love you all

Thanks everyone for all your reports on your fills (and how they're "low pain" for us weenies!)

Much appreciated!

Sweethot - I was laughing by butt off with your comment about the jeans, I'm getting visuals!

BK - We are all thinking about your Dad.

BK - hope your dad is feeling better - its always hard to have a loved one down.

Please say a prayer for my good friend Trish - she had gastric bypass about 1 1/2 years ago - lost all her weight looks great but last night she started throwing up blood and went in today and they said she has a bleeding ulcer and admitted her. She told me she doesn't eat properly since her bypass and she has actually lost her teeth and had to get dentures because she didn't take her Vitamins and watch her Protein. I am so thankful I choose the band - we must all be careful to follow our doctors orders!

Take care girls.

hope fully she be ok .. lets think positive.

Bev - I feel sick .. I had some Tomato Soup last night and craker and omg . feel nausiated and .. sore in my stomach.

hey girl .. how have you been doing ... by the way .. thinking positive right ..? Do you like hot tea ?

Hi, group! Just put in my 2nd full day of teaching and I am sore. I had the open band and it's taking longer for the port area to heal internally. Is it just me or is everyone having problems with "pooping" ? I hate to say it but I'm having to hold gas all day at school, and I'm having no luck with going to the bathroom without major milk of mag. I can't be doing that at work. If I leave the room to go to the 'john' and a fight breaks out, I lose my job.

Dianne