Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

I got home from work today and had to change clothes quickly and head to my father's B-day party... anyway, I grabbed a pair of jeans from the closet and just pulled them on.

Didnt unbutton them... just pulled them on. They were loose. So, I didnt even look at the tag... until later

They were 18's!! :) I decided to check when I got home. That was a fun surprise. yeah!

EDIT/UPDATE!!!

I just got on my elliptical and did 30 Minutes!!! OMG :rolleyes:

I didn't have anyone to tell but all of you!! I'm so excited.

My heart rate was 118 when i got done... and I wasn't going slow at all.

Yeah!!

Okay, kids in bed......I finally have some spare moments!!!

bevers...so awesome....that is the best to go down in size, if they go right on....I bet you could go down the next size!!!! That is so great!!!!

Patty....I don't know about this video.....why did it freak you out so much....my 1st fill in Tuesday.....you got me worried girl!

Mystique.....My doc did not even give me a goal weight. I am only 5'3, and I would really like to be around 130....but I haven't been that since about 9th grade.....so not sure if it is possible...but sure gonna try!

Sweethot.....hope that pain goes away soon! If you still have it on Monday I would definitely call your doc. and on the burping thing....I never ever used to burp....now I do it all the time....and probably because I am gulping, and eating way too fast. I am afraid my fill is going to be a very rude awakening for me!

Nathalie....the potty training experience is stressfull....I wanted to eat sweets all day....I guess stress is a big trigger for me as well as boredom, anger, well you name it.....it's a trigger....I hear you about the daiper situation with a toddler...not good.....lots of people say to wait until they are ready....but I think if you wait too long....it is such a habit....and they are in their comfort zone and don't want to give it up.....but you can't start too soon either....its a hard call.....and everybody is saying boys are harder.....but hey....maybe your guy will just take right to it....peer pressure works told my little one her cousin was in big girl panties.....that helped and bribery!!!!! ps congrats on the 22's....I can't wait I have lots of cute clothe in that section of my closet! (anybody else have sizes ranging from 24 to 7's??????

VAbandster....I did the jelly thing....had some yummy homemade raspberry freezer jam....tasty....but I think the outside has more to do with the craving than the jelly, unfortunately....lol...someday....the cravings will go away.....

BK....how is your port pain today???? That is so cool about your possible adoption!!!! I will pray that everything works out for the best. My husband was adopted at age 8....it is so important that people adopt older kids you guys are great! Also the pregnancy thing....I had a lot of trouble and used clomid for two of my kids....but I stumbled onto a great book about fertility, and that helped me get my last two with out using the drugs....it was great....I have loaned it out, and can't remember the name....but I will get it to you....invaluable!!!

Kay thanks for the tip on the Protein drinks....I have been having major issues with the two flavors/brand I have...and well....really hate them. I will definitely spend the 20 bucks for samples....it is soo expensive and you buy these huge buckets of the stuff and it tastes like flavored sheet rock!!!!! It kind of pisses me off!

Well ladies hope all are doing well.....oh, I finally caved in and weighed myself tonight....I am down 16 pounds....so I am really super happy! I am going to try for 20 by the time I get to doctor! off to bed I go!

BK- You are so young and so smart. When I was your age I had two kids and was divorced and making every mistake in the book. I have always felt guiltly that my kids had to 'live with' my learning curve, but they are sweet boys and seem to have forgiven me for it. (Or maybe they have blocked it out and need therapy...) I am very proud of you. I am sure you are a great mother and that you will be blessed throughout your life because of your kind and generous spirit.

Protien shakes...ya I am getting a little sick of them too, but I seem to do that. I will eat tuna everyday for a week and then not touch it for months. I am trying to have one (protien shake) every morning to start the day off right.

I had solid food today. It was good, but not as good as I thought it would be. Thank God.

Bevers- congrats on the falling down pants! There is nothing worse than tight clothes and nothing better than loose clothes that used to be tight! That must feel great. I have gone down 2 uniform sizes and I love not feeling like everyone is staring at my rolls of fat.

Goal Weights...it seems all doctors have their own theory for this as well. When I saw the nutritionist, she figured out my goal weight by my height (140) and then added a pound for every year that I have been overweight. So her goal for me is 170, but I would really like to see 145. I will re-think this when I reach 170.

You are all doing great! Have a fabulous evening!

dawn I will look forward to knowing that type of medicine that got you prego

thanks everyone for the support

I am nervous about this process

I appreciate you guys prayers

b-man omg nsv

congrATS ON 30 MINS AS WELL:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :rolleyes:

BK I took clomid....It usually took two months to get pregnant....the weight coming off will help too. The thing that helped the most is a book called taking charge of your fertility, by Tony Wechsler. Also this stuff called preseed, you can get it online I will do a search for you....it is the only lubricant that does not kill sperm, and actually helps the sperm move on up....I credit this stuff for my little Rose!

okay the authors name is Toni Wechsler, toni with i and not y..sorry....and then look up www.ingfertility.com the author actually recommends this stuff in her book. I didn't use it one month, then the next month I used it....and bam was prego! You also have to know the signs of when you actually ovulate which is what she helps you figure out....it really works, there are so many variables to fertility, and it is actually a lot harder to get pregnant than what people think! Look forward to a birth announcement in the future from you guys!!!!

dawnae - take that fertility talk private will ya? Don't be giving my uterus any ideas! ((laugh)) I'm actually going to pass that book title on to another friend of mine who had trouble conceiving her first child. They're thinking about having another, and she doesn't want to go through drugs, etc. again. I'd love to have a girl, but I don't think I can do it again. I'm struggling with this one. Thanks for the potty training info. Sounds like a total PITA.

beversman - how was the party? And you're slippin in and out of size 18 jeans? Watch out now, I'll have to categorize you as one of them "skinny bitches" we so despise! HA! Congrats on the 118 hr after pumpin it out on the elliptical! That is quite a feat!

bkwalling - what a phenomenal woman you are! I am always awe inspired when people give so much of themselves. I'll write a check, but I typically don't put myself out there like that.

bandiva - maybe my doc used the same logic in setting my goal weight at 170. I'd still love to be 155 (or smaller!) one day. But I don't want to get all saggy in the thighs from it. We'll see.

VABandster - Right on! One lil slip and it is all over. I was in bed early last night and was all giddy about eating a slice of pie. 6 months ago I would have eaten the whole pie out of the tin with a fork sitting on my couch watching tv. And thanks for your willingness to share clothes! Sha-weet!

KayDoll - how goes today, girl? I love your gym enthusiasm! The other reason for waiting to 230 is because I can't afford it now, and I want to make sure I'll use the gym once I'm paying for it. And yes, I love sexy sexy bootcut jeans. I'll even take some pics in 'em when I can fit 'em! I have some LEE jeans in my closet - size 14. Remember when they were in? I wore them when I was in college and thought I was fine! AHAH can't wait to fit them again.

transformer - your salmon mixture sounds good. I'm going to have to try that one! I made a new whip today: taco seasoned ground chicken, 2oz cottage cheese, 1oz sour cream, plus some chili powder, chili sauce, onion, garlic and hot sauce. It was spicy and guuuuuuuuuuuuuuud.

sweethot - how are you doing? How are you feeling? I have a pain in my tummy right now, from drinking too much. Hope you are doing great!

I have been on my elliptical once today for 45 minutes, and am going to do it again this evening while I watch a movie. I'm still trying to figure out how to set it to count UPWARDS instead of backwards. Maybe I'll just set it for 2 hours and ride to my heart's content.

StephC - where are ya gal? Check in soon! I miss you. :rolleyes:

Love you guys!

Nathalie

Hi, all! I got my first fill Thursday, but I had not lost any weight from 2 weeks earlier. When I started eating regular I went a little overboard. I'm such a psychological eater! Knowing I would get a fill, I ate more than I should have.

so how was the fill experience? How painful? How is your resriction now.....can you tell a difference?

ddee, did the fill hurt? I'm such a whimp and hate needles (I couldn't even bring myself to watch the video...)

ddee - how was your first fill? How much did you get in the band this time?

Did it hurt? Did you watch? Congrats on the 10 pound loss. Man I can't wait to be 156 lbs! Congrats, girl! You must be a teeny lil thing with a goal weight of 115!

New recipe - Blue cheese chicken salad

1 can chicken, 2oz cottage cheese, 1 T blue cheese, 1 T FF mayo. I also added lemon pepper and some cherry flavored Craisins at the end. It was creamy and good. I would have liked to add more blue cheese, but I didn't want the extra fat/calories.

I need to start adding up the calories for each of these whips. I'm thinking they are about 200calories each.

Hope everybody has had a great day!

NGA

ETA: LOL @ dawnae and ChubbyGirl for being in my brain! So tell us ddee! Inquiring minds want to know!

hey guys, the chest pains are gone. I probablly just slept wrong. i feel good today, ate my planned meals. we went out with friends bowling and to play pool we were gone 5 hrs. so ofcourse i got hungry, but i put one of the tuna fish to go things in my purse and ate that while everyone else ate burgers at the bowling alley. so yeahh me!

Beversman! congrats on the 18's and the eliptical. I have lots of 18's which i can't wait to fit into comfortably. having babies has really messed up my tummy area, my 20's are super loose in the thighs but still fitting int he middle. my tops are fitting so much better though, like my jacket is too big on top, but still snug around the tummy. gotta work on that big time. I always just had the big thighs problem and a flat tummy. not anymore since baby #1 and #2

BK- we want to adopt a boy, we have 2 girls and want more, but i'm afraid to end up with 4 or 5 girls. not that it would be terrible but we also really want a boy.

Have a great weekend everyone! Next weekend we are off to Amsterdam.

ok everyone, I feel so bad! I just went to check in on the December bandsters thread, and they are a little sour about this thread. I think some feelings got hurt here. I know that was not the intention at all! Should we do something about this? I hate hurting others feelings.