Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I was willing to do things alone...and it was really helpful! Michael brings with him outgoing fun friends so my social life is almost too much now!

I am doing something brave....hair color!!!

My biggest problem health and weight wise is I am drinking more days a week than not. Empty calories and catching up with me. Good news is I have started jogging, doing my physical therapy again, and getting on spinning bike. I wish was thin, but now I am not fat, but bigger.Size 10 pants instead of 2.... My boyfriend never saw me obese or thinner and he keeps reminding me I am perfect for him, but that I should lose weight if it would make me feel better. So, my current goal is to slowly turn the tide....stay exercising, eat reasonable and rein back on the partying just a bit, with less focus on trying to lose. I am genuinely happy, but I don't want to be obese again.

What colour are you now and what colour do you intend to become?

Wine is my downfall because when we have the wine we also have crisps and chocolate. So lots of calories but no nutrition. See I know what the problem is I'm just not tackling it.

At least Sheryl you have upped your exercise to compensate for things. I'm not doing any at the moment. I don't like exercise and I did have to force myself to do it but I must admit I do feel better afterwards. I need to get my head in the right place again.

How come weight gained is twice as hard to lose?

I have to force myself to exercise now too. I think it's because of Netflix. I'd rather just sit and binge watch some series.

I saw in one of your posts Sheryl that you said you love Michael. You've always told us it's hard for you to love so I was happy to read that!

I can't drink because of Hep C so that's one empty calorie problem I don't have. However, last night, at the bar, it was one of the bartender's birthday and there was a huge chocolate cake. I couldn't resist it. It was so good. Like I said, temptations everywhere and no willpower.

I danced with the same guy the whole night but he didn't ask for my phone number. I think he acted a little slow and said he had a heart attack and was left with memory loss from being in a coma. So I guess, no great loss there.

Happy 4th July to you lovely people.

I had sad news this morning my SIL passed away (lung cancer) only 58. She was diagnosed about 8 months ago and was told at the time she only had a 1% chance of survival. She had op and a few rounds of chemo. She kept it from friends and only the immediate family knew, she was still going in to work a couple of days a week. She founded and ran a charity for disabled youngsters to enable them to meet up and have a social life. Her youngest is 22 and he has cerebral palsy and this was her motivation. Even though it was expected it was so sudden, last week she was at the Glastonbury Festival with her family. Weight gain seems very insignificant today.

@@UK Cathy I am so sorry. Cancer is so cruel, 58 is way too young. Your small tribute / memorial of her is lovely. She sounds like an amazing woman and the world has lost one of the good ones.

I'm so sorry Cathy. I am getting to that age that losing friends is in the future and I can't even imagine losing more. I just lost one to Hep C. She died from liver cancer. I just pray my Hep C doesn't not go in that direction.

Cancer is so horrible. I really feel like they could find more cures if they weren't so worried about giving up cancer research money.

Again, I'm sorry. I know you will really miss your SIL.

Down one pound...

Family reunion weekend and a crappy eating evening last night and I am way UP. I tell myself it is salt but this is getting out of hand. I need an intervention.

I have lost and regained the same 3lb this week!

I want some life advice, I sure wish there were more of us still reading/posting here because I always appreciate the diverse views.

Why don't we send out some pm's asking people to stop by

@@UK Cathy good idea. I will do some tomorrow.

I went to SILs funeral yesterday and I have to say it was the most amazing funeral I have ever been to. It really was a celebration of her life. The eulogy, given by her eldest daughter was amazing, the number of people who attended was beyond belief (approx 150 couldn't even get into the church!) and the wake went on until 3 am. We had to leave, without consuming alcohol cos we had to drive home and be up at 6am this morning. Pictures and video on FB showed that the rest of the family really partied and I'm sure Cathy would have approved. I thought it was going to be a really emotional and tiring day, and it was, but it was uplifting too. RIP Cathy Manley - you was one amazing lady.

Sheryl, what's going on?

I know it's only Cathy and me but if you don't want to put it out there on one of the venus and mars boards or the other single boards, (unless it's not a dating issue) we can sure offer our opinions.

I'm going to see Mr. Erectile dysfunction tomorrow. I am excited to get out of town into the country. He lives in an itty bitty town, smaller than mine, right along a river. I know it's going to be beautiful. We are going to do some hiking and who knows what else. I know it will be at least 15 degrees warmer than here, so I am excited. I am tired of 65 degree days.