Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Denise! I am so sorry your body is having to go though this. I like the idea of healing visulaizations and taking some really good care of yourself.

Wow, Sheryl, sounds like some life changes right now. It can be a hard line between leting things develope as they wil, and taking control and direction.

Kim, I must have been hallucinating whenever I typed about big life changes. Actually pretty stable but I am starting dating again and planning a trip to Costa Rica with a galpal. I am replacing my kitchen floor. And the scale is ever so slowly inching the right direction. More importantly I feel good and I feel like I look good. I have lots of good stuff going on but not sure any of them qualify as major life changes.

Tomorrow night 3 of us girls are having an anti VDay night out...going dancing which I haven't been doing enough. That is after more riding! I am so looking forward to it!

Wow... I just typed a long response and hit the wrong key and POOF! Anyway long story short, I read your post that you were off horseback riding, and read the meaning as you were OFF of riding horses (not on).... which would be a big change for you!  :P ....

Haha..i get it!

That would be huge....i love my horsey time!

Wow... I just typed a long response and hit the wrong key and POOF! Anyway long story short, I read your post that you were off horseback riding, and read the meaning as you were OFF of riding horses (not on).... which would be a big change for you! :P ....

Riding today too!

I hate when that happens Kim!

I am in the hospital. The infection doctor told me immediately when I got to her office to go to the ER and tell them I need to be admitted for surgery.

I had a neurosurgeon opperate on me. He could not believe how deep the infection went. .

I have a picc line and when I get out on Tuesday , I have to start giving myself antibiotic injections into my picc line, for 6 weeks. After that, oral antibiotics. It's going to drive me crazy not to shower for such a long time. He said not to shower because I have a drain in my back and i can't get the picc line wet.

Bill is here and my son and his family came last night from Portland. My daughter will be here tomorrow.

I can hardly keep food down with the pain medication. They are trying different nausea meds and the timing of when to take it ahead of my food.

I'm sorry but I am too exhausted to comment on everyone's posts, but I'm keeping up reading everyone's posts. I am so glad I have all of you for friends, even though we haven't met.

Denise, sending healing vibes!!!

I am tired...worked out...rode...did chores.now going dancing. Fun day! :)

Denise, thinking of you... xx

Hi Ladies! I have been missing from the group for quite some time.

I'm ok, life has been insane for me right now. Still trying to recover from the accident I had a couple months ago. Many family issues going on especially with my MIL who has Alzheimer's.

I'm going to go back and try to catch up and then I'll fill you in more.

I'm sorry I haven't been around to give support. I'm still here but I haven't even been reading posts for the last few weeks.

Sarah don't feel obligated to "catch up" - for me just having you here now is what matters.

Went to a salsa club last night. Me and my gfriend were the only white people. She wanted to leave but they were cool people and thanks to my outgoing personality people were eventually friendly and even the ladies spoke to me in English. I got salsa lessons. :) I don't know the steps but I can follow! It was the funnest Valentine's day EVER and this is our new favorite place!

I hate when that happens Kim!

I am in the hospital. The infection doctor told me immediately when I got to her office to go to the ER and tell them I need to be admitted for surgery.

I had a neurosurgeon opperate on me. He could not believe how deep the infection went. .

I have a picc line and when I get out on Tuesday , I have to start giving myself antibiotic injections into my picc line, for 6 weeks. After that, oral antibiotics. It's going to drive me crazy not to shower for such a long time. He said not to shower because I have a drain in my back and i can't get the picc line wet.

Bill is here and my son and his family came last night from Portland. My daughter will be here tomorrow.

I can hardly keep food down with the pain medication. They are trying different nausea meds and the timing of when to take it ahead of my food.

I'm sorry but I am too exhausted to comment on everyone's posts, but I'm keeping up reading everyone's posts. I am so glad I have all of you for friends, even though we haven't met.

Denise, Im SO happy you are finally getting the real care that you need... So sorry you have to take meds for + weeks... what a drag, but feeling better will be worth it in the end. Thinking of you, and so glad you are "one of the girls" here too. Maybe on day we can all meet up... that would be a hoot!

Hi Ladies! I have been missing from the group for quite some time.

I'm ok, life has been insane for me right now. Still trying to recover from the accident I had a couple months ago. Many family issues going on especially with my MIL who has Alzheimer's.

I'm going to go back and try to catch up and then I'll fill you in more.

I'm sorry I haven't been around to give support. I'm still here but I haven't even been reading posts for the last few weeks.

So glad to see you sarah... I know how it can go, time goes by and you have lost track of the thread, and you are 50 pages behind! Just say hi now and then, we are thinking of you and if you need a break, here we are.

Sarah don't feel obligated to "catch up" - for me just having you here now is what matters.

Went to a salsa club last night. Me and my gfriend were the only white people. She wanted to leave but they were cool people and thanks to my outgoing personality people were eventually friendly and even the ladies spoke to me in English. I got salsa lessons. :) I don't know the steps but I can follow! It was the funnest Valentine's day EVER and this is our new favorite place!

Now that sounds like a blast! Getting out of your comfort zone now and then is good for the soul. Salsa is HOT and such fun to watch... I would love to do that too!

I love to dance any kind of dancing. Salsa is really fun. I really hope this back problem of mine is not going to keep me from dancing. It's something I've been worrying about. Before this last surgery, I could not straighten my back. I was walking like a hunched up old lady. I hated that! Everyone has commented on how I am walking much more like my old self.

Sarah, I'm sorry you're having to deal with Alzheimer's. That is such a horrible thing, to have someone you love, not recognize you. I'm so glad I've never known anyone personally who had it, but I've had friends whose parents died from it. Such a sad thing.

Sheryl, I remember you asking about the articles on here and whether we read them or not. I don't. I have read some of the members spotlights,  but that's about it. In fact, I hardly read the board anywhere but here anymore. I will move around the board when I am very bored. Long days of nothing but rain will do that to a person,  but right now, we're having great weather, and I am stuck in  here!

Well, I am hovering mid 150s, so finally have a bit of bounce range to stay under goal. I am working to build muscle too so am noticing clothes fit better. I never grew out of my clothes, but there was some snugness. Yeah!

I read someone talking about how you can still have alot of visceral fat which is interesting to me.

Okay, my NSV for the weekend. The owner of the dance club, who started giving me lessons (once he started talking to me, everyone else did too - translating to English etc - really fun) said "you have the perfect body... and hair for salsa" I know a pick up line when I heard one - but it was really great coming from a handsome latin guy who could dance like no one's business!

It was so fun to dance in a club with Cuban people - they were all doing true salsa not just flinging around on the dance floor like you see at many dance floors. I can't wait to go back! (but maybe I should take a few "real" lessons...haha)

Now that sounds like a blast! Getting out of your comfort zone now and then is good for the soul. Salsa is HOT and such fun to watch... I would love to do that too!

Denise - are you getting out of the hospital today? continuing to heal? This is such an ordeal - what are you about 3 months since your back surgery? I believe it will all be fine and you will return to normal but what an unplanned side trip! Keep your chin up!

I love to dance any kind of dancing. Salsa is really fun. I really hope this back problem of mine is not going to keep me from dancing. It's something I've been worrying about. Before this last surgery, I could not straighten my back. I was walking like a hunched up old lady. I hated that! Everyone has commented on how I am walking much more like my old self.

Sheryl, I remember you asking about the articles on here and whether we read them or not. I don't. I have read some of the members spotlights, but that's about it. In fact, I hardly read the board anywhere but here anymore. I will move around the board when I am very bored. Long days of nothing but rain will do that to a person, but right now, we're having great weather, and I am stuck in here!

Denise, watching the progression of events that have happened to you has only reenforced for me the belief that we MUST be vociferous, even belligerent, advocates for our own health. You knew instinctively that things weren't right, immediately after the surgery, but those doctors bullied you...and now look!

I worry about how many various meds they will have you on, Big Pharma's hold on American medicine is disgusting, and they will happily prescribe you into the grave, and then pretend to be confused by anything negative that happened to you... Well, at this point there is no getting around the need for antibiotics, I will admit that, but if there are any alternatives to the other things - the pain meds, the nausea meds, the this meds and the that meds, try for alternatives where possible. Also, see if the hospital has an advocate you can meet with, or a therapist - I have nearly drowned in the lake of miserable events, I know how quickly the light of positivity can be snuffed out. Take care Denise, fight for your rights!