Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well weighed this morning and 2lb out off that 3lb holiday excess has GONE!!!

Each day the new site is easier to navigate but I'm still not in love with it all yet. Personally I cannot see the advantage of combining sites but I was very happy with VST.

Off to work now, have a good day everyone - you might of finished yours by now, I'm not sure of all the time differences (08:37) here. Yikes I'm late.

Although there were at least ten responses since my last post, I had zero notifications, none. No happy little red square with numbers in it. Also, I can sometimes go to a page, a thread, etc. and sometimes I can't - I get the big CENTCOM BLOCKED thing that usually only comes up if I try to go to a blog.

Jane! your arms!! The stuff of dreams!!

No appetite today, tired of stupid apple pie Quest bars but without them I don't come close to meeting my Fiber needs. gah. Feeling blue today, not feeling team cohesion, feeling like someone I thought was a friend isn't, fretting a lot.

Jane I love your arms! I have bat wings.....your scar is looking really good too.....

GT I have days like this and I have to remind myself that my thoughts lie to me and then to just move on and let things work themselves out in due time. If this person is important to you, I would check in with them. I love open communication. :P

I noticed this morning that we have our tickers back. :) Yayyyy!

Been cutting the sugars out of my diet by eating mostly Proteins and some veggies.......then tomorrow is my fast day.....I am focusing on getting down a few more lbs for good measure. :P

Hope everyone has a good day today......

Ok I have been socializing with'loving expressive people and I FEEL so much better. Being trapped around the house, disabled, watched tv and reading.. only human contact my ex who is taking care of thing. Argh... that was my obese life and I am reminded it was depressing! My ex is a great guy but is so emotionally detached and can't spill a nice word for me to save his life..it's lonely!

Anyway, my weight has bounced up a few - 152 this morning. I think it is Water but I don't know. I didn't fast this week but I am eating healthy. I think next week I need to restart 5:2 so this doesn't get away from me.

I was reflecting on how shockingly little food I need. It will help when I start working out again... but Damn.

CGJ it is amazing how little food we really need.....I love it.....I just have to work on eating from my head hunger and reminding myself that I don't need it.... :P

Yes, it is a mental adjustment regarding food quantity. You would think after 2 years i would cease to be shocked, but I am shocked...

Oh, and it is definately Water weight. I took off my compression garments and I have deep marks from the tightness. I went out with my son and his girlfriend yesterday and ate restaurant food.... my left foot is swollen too.

Yes, it is a mental adjustment regarding food quantity.  You would think after 2 years i would cease to be shocked, but I am shocked...

Oh, and it is definately Water weight.  I took off my compression garments and I have deep marks from the tightness.  I went out with my son and his girlfriend yesterday and ate restaurant food.... my left foot is swollen too.

Yep, restaurant food is loaded with salt......The swelling will go down..... :P

I'm 2 years out and often forget I can't eat much......it is totally a mental thing....

I ate middle eastern food out two days ago and BAM. Up three pounds. I ate the leftovers yesterday, because, really that salty goodness is hard to say no to, and I will be making my fast tomorrow (today at home for Vets day... a little harder to fast so I left it for tomorrow) That should help kill the Water weight.

Jane your arms look great!!! I bet your glad that you decided to do them :)

I don't use much salt in cooking so if I should eat something out or processed it's like eating a salt lick and my body blows up for a day or two. Also the thirst is agony..

Well weighed this morning and 2lb out off that 3lb holiday excess has GONE!!! Each day the new site is easier to navigate but I'm still not in love with it all yet. Personally I cannot see the advantage of combining sites but I was very happy with VST. Off to work now, have a good day everyone - you might of finished yours by now, I'm not sure of all the time differences (08:37) here. Yikes I'm late.

Good job girlie!! I'm hoping they make the fixes soon on the new site at least so that we can chose to only see sleeve stuff..

Thanks LV.

Yep! Me too with the salt thing... but at least we know!

I've been meaning to pop on and vent for a while... don't know what has stopped me really. I suppose I didn't wanna put a downer on the recent successes that have been shared. And kinda hoping that the cloud over my head would bugger off... but it hasn't.

Anyway, I've been in a funk for a while now - think I mentioned it a while ago - and it usually comes and goes within a few days, however, this particular funk has lasted longer. last Friday, I got weighed and measured in Curves - in over a month my 'official' weight had only gone down a pound, yes one effing pound and I had lost just over an inch - all over! I was gutted. Previous to this I was feeling fat and ugly; and that kinda confirmed and nurtured my inner demon!

I just felt that I 'deserved' more... I needed to hear more and I wanted more. This kinda peed me off to such a degree I thought sh*t to it and indulged all over the weekend; pizza, fish and chips, chocolate and cider. Hmmm... all clearly made choices and no regrets. No affect on the scales as it read 159 on Sunday morning... how stupid is that? This morning 161! No drama, top end of the bounce range.

I really don't want to give up, but I am getting really pi**ed at not getting what I perceive as results.

I just feel that after 3 1/2 years I 'should' be at my surgeon's goal weight and with all the extra hard work I put it, I 'should' be below it.

I know the BMI is a load of BS, but I can't help to yearn after a healthy number on that side of things... I really am envious of all you that are in the healthy range.

Don't get me wrong, I will continue to do the 5:2 and I will keep fighting the good fight, I suppose after all this time and longing I am getting a little bored of not being at goal. I want to moan about maintenance; I want to complain that my clothes are too big and I need to get a new set! Even after my TT I still look at my tummy and think it is too big! FFS!

This is so much bashing on the grey cells as well as the physical ones!

Perhaps I am just tired... I don't know... but I just wanted to put it out there with you guys cos I know you'll understand. I mentioned my frustrations to a friend who just told me that I looked great - yea, thanks! She didn't get it! It is hard for those who haven't been in our shoes; who haven't walked our path; who haven't struggled with weight loss or obesity!

She just didn't get IT!

OK, rant over... sorry but I had to get it out of my system.

Oh and OD - I'd love to help you draft a profile paragraph - PM me your original one if you want? 

Coops I get it...especially about the "you look great" comments! So even though you do I won't tell you today :P

I know, I work I suffer and that elusive pound lost once in awhile is a precious fragile thing..

Is it to much to want more?? No!

Ok this BMI thing! Maybe your stupid surgeon got his goal weight wrong!! Did you ever think of that?

That geezer just could of pulled a number out of his hat (or ass):)

We all look so much better yes..but more importantly we feel physically better and are able to participate in life now! THAT SHOULD BE

GOAL!!!

These damn numbers! Why can't we accept that we've done good and accept the praise we deserve?

Good Fast Monday.  I weight exactly the same I did when I started the 5:2 plan.  I haven't given up, still looking to start the exercise plan