Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You just have to do it.... This part of the "diet" is not specifically for weight loss, it's to help you heal and give your body the nutrition you need.

You will not have to drink them forever. But right now look at it as for medicinal reasons.

Good luck and know that you are doing the right thing to help heal your body and help it lose fat not muscle!

Oh and I don't know what kind your drinking but the premier Protein drinks from costco or sams club are pretty good....

Try Unjury.. The chocolate splendor tastes llike cocoa in warm Water or milk. The chicken Soup flavor tastes like chicken roth. The unflavored can be put in crystal lite, You can only buy from their website, but they are BY FAR the best!

I really hate Protein drinks. Really. Has anyone got any advise for me? I am 9 days post op and am having a hard time choking my Protein down. Help!!!

I'm just curious - what did you think of Protein Drinks before surgery?

Explore options till you find one you can deal with. All reputible dealers have sample packs!

I really hate Protein drinks. Really. Has anyone got any advise for me? I am 9 days post op and am having a hard time choking my Protein down. Help!!!

Keep experimenting until you find something you like!

Try samples...get all the samples you can find. Go to GNC, the Vitamin Shoppe, and those type of places to get some samples while you order samples from other places online. Chike, unjury, and Syntrax nectar are all really popular brands that have a ton of variety. They all offer samples. I tried them all and found some that were palatable that way.

I read a review of Click, ordered a sample, and that is my go-to Protein Drink. I drank the Decaf until I was cleared for caffeine, now I drink the Mocha and vanilla Latte flavors.

Big train fit frappe also offers samples.

I also bought this e-book: http://www.amazon.com/Bariatric-Foodie-Perfect-Protein-ebook/dp/B00BMVSSXW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373557131&sr=8-2&keywords=bariatric+foodie

The author also has a website that has a lot of tips for making better protein drinks and recipes: http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/

Early on post-op, I bought some DaVinci and Torani sugar-free syrups to add to the sample flavors I bought to change up the flavors.

Don't give up, because your body needs the protein. I'm 3 months post-op and still have one Protein Drink every day. I struggle with eating Breakfast (I hate it) and getting enough protein in early in the day, so it helps me manage that.

~Kat

Don, I didn't LOVE them before. I have just gotten to where they make me a little nauseated when I drink them now. I am having a hard time getting 60g of Protein in- well I'm not getting it in. I hope it will get better when I get off of all liquids! Thanks K for the info. I will visit some health food stores today and see what I can find.

Don, I didn't LOVE them before. I have just gotten to where they make me a little nauseated when I drink them now. I am having a hard time getting 60g of Protein in- well I'm not getting it in. I hope it will get better when I get off of all liquids! Thanks K for the info. I will visit some health food stores today and see what I can find.

Some people say their tastes change after surgery, I was just wondering if you were one of those people.

I didn't like any of the ones I liked before surgery, especially the powders (chocolate, strawberry or vanilla). I moved to the Isopure bottles for a while. They didn't taste the best, but they were water-based and not milk, and had fruity juice flavors, and I liked them much more than the shakes. Now, after seeing them recommended by a lot of people, I have switched to the Syntrax Nectar Proteins. They are my current favorite.

I'm on the pre-op diet now and having to do Protein shakes twice a day, soon to be 5 times the last week. I had bought the KetgeniX from the docs office, but it's not all that great either. A friend of mine found the GNC Lean shakes and let me sample it yesterday. I tried the swiss chocolate and it was smooth and tasted like chocolate milk....no grit. I sent the nutrional info to the Director of Nutrition with my surgeon's office and he approved it as a great alternative. (actually a lot less carbs and mor Protein than the one they sold me). I'm buying some today!!!!!

Amount Per Serving

% DV

Calories

Calories from Fat

Total Fat

6.00 g

9%

Saturated Fat

1.50 g

7%

Trans Fat

0.00 g

Cholesterol

20.00 mg

7%

Total Carbohydrate

6.00 g

2%

Sugars

2.00 g

Sodium

390.00 mg

16%

Potassium

475.00 mg

14%

Dietary Fiber

3.00 g

12%

Protein

25.00 g

0%

Have you tried Premier Protein RTD from costco, Sam's or BJ's? I like them, no funky Protein taste. I have tried MANY different brands and this one tastes like chocolate milk to me, even my 12 year old son likes it.

I did not care for the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup protein but I mixed the Unjury unflavored into beef broth and there was no funky taste.

Good luck.