Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hope this forum is helpful when I have my surgery

it seem to me tht a few clicks have been forum and other people get answers and some don't I hope I get a Lil bit more support than wht I do now since this will be new too me thanks I advance

Yes they're clicks around here. Pre-surgery members are ignored a lot but there are some great support on here. The Australia, African-American and Mexico groups are really supportive of each other. In the end its a great source of information. Good luck to you and I hope you be one of the members that get the support they want.

Yes they're clicks around here. Pre-surgery members are ignored a lot but there are some great support on here. The Australia' date=' African-American and Mexico groups are really supportive of each other. In the end its a great source of information. Good luck to you and I hope you be one of the members that get the support they want.[/quote']

thank u So much u though I was tripping I guess not but I am a African American female will be 34 years old On Monday July 15 I guess it would help if I put a pic up also u think

thank u So much u though I was tripping I guess not but I am a African American female will be 34 years old On Monday July 15 I guess it would help if I put a pic up also u think

Yep! The more pics the better.

No it gets pretty heated on here when discussing mistakes. Some veterans can be rude if you don't follow their plan on what to eat at certain stages. I go through all the forums even if I'm not that ethnicity. We can take s little knowledge from anyone. I've notice mostly those groups I names seem really supportive. They're are others that give good support too that I may have missed.

Right now I'm in the pre-opt stage. At home I have a lot of support at home so I don't need it here. Mostly I come for information. I'm considering Mexico because I'm tired of the hoops I have to go through for the program I'm in at the VA Medical Center. You can put up a picture if you want but I choose not to.

You will do fine if you ask for advice/help then respect the answer.

What upsets a lot of vets is that new sleevers may actually know the answer but are choosing to ignore it! For example "my doc says I should do X but I don't see why..." Am sure you can see why people get irritated if someone isn't listening to the professionals who did the surgery. If your car's brakes were failing, you would go to a garage and if they said don't drive, you wouldn't. Same with your new stomach - if you are given information on what to do, then follow it and life will be easier.

That aside, those of us who are sleeved were where you are. I am always happy go offer support and advice as are the majority of others. This is the best thing I have done for myself but it isn't something to undertake lightly or treat casually afterwards. This forum can fill in lots of the gaps when things happen that catch you out or you are unsure about - and you will make friends who know exactly how you feel.

So keep an open mind - and best of luck with your surgery, hope it goes really well for you :-)

No it gets pretty heated on here when discussing mistakes. Some veterans can be rude if you don't follow their plan on what to eat at certain stages. I go through all the forums even if I'm not that ethnicity. We can take s little knowledge from anyone. I've notice mostly those groups I names seem really supportive. They're are others that give good support too that I may have missed.

Right now I'm in the pre-opt stage. At home I have a lot of support at home so I don't need it here. Mostly I come for information. I'm considering Mexico because I'm tired of the hoops I have to go through for the program I'm in at the VA Medical Center. You can put up a picture if you want but I choose not to.

We have ALL been where you are, and we will try to share our experience.

But listen, it's NOT "my" plan, it's your doctor's (and YOUR) plan. Don't look for ways around your plan. Just follow your plan!!! (Some don't lose and some gain back and I don't want me (or you) to be in that group!!!

I feel sad that someone doesn't feel like they are supported on VST. I have found that lots of people respond to every question. I normally use my I Pad so I just view the current thread. Maybe there are threads I am missing! We are all in this together and everyone's experience is helpful to hear. Sometimes the only response is "call your doctor" because of the possibility of a serious medical issue. Might not find hat supportive but it might be he right response.

I no right I didn't won't no pic for privacy reason cause only me and my husband no about the procedure So thts why I choose not to put a picture but I wish it was a little more supportive tho

Yep! The more pics the better.

well if your In ur pre Op stage pic should not matter it should be more support a pic tell a Lil cause alot of my pic I look small but big as hell but to each there own but thanks for the advice

see it took me to say something like this to get a responce On here if I was asking a question about the sleeve I wouldn't have gotten no answer but thanks everyone for there input

We have ALL been where you are, and we will try to share our experience.

But listen, it's NOT "my" plan, it's your doctor's (and YOUR) plan. Don't look for ways around your plan. Just follow your plan!!! (Some don't lose and some gain back and I don't want me (or you) to be in that group!!!

The few ppl that ask questions about other doctor plans is because they read so many different plans that are different than the one provided for them.I can see if the patient was getting cancer treatment that needs a specialize treatment plan made for that individual. But that is not the case with WLS it seems. Across the board doctors give the same pre/post opt plan for most of their patients. Maybe higher BMI patients will have to go on a longer pre-opt diet. That is the reason I can see why a few want to get advice (not judgement) about following a different plan. From what I know from a few friends, a family member and I've read on here, not following their surgeon plan to a T didn't hurt nor hinder their process or recover. Its not like they're making their own plan. Only going by a another surgeon plan. I also understand that what I would do may be different then what others do and that is ok as long as they're not harming themselves.

Yes they're clicks around here. Pre-surgery members are ignored a lot but there are some great support on here. The Australia, African-American and Mexico groups are really supportive of each other. In the end its a great source of information. Good luck to you and I hope you be one of the members that get the support they want.

It's great when you can be helped personally, but sometimes not everyone sees a specific post and it slides by. That being said, yes, there maybe cliques and even some of the so called groups you mentioned are cliques in my view. But what they hey... It all works out :D

I try to answer what I know. This site has helped me tremendously! I hope it helps you too!

I think all of us form bonds and friendships with people on here.. Cliques? I wouldn't say that.

I will answer questions. But quite honestly, I will answer them in a thoughtful manner with information I feel is appropriate to the question.

I find that a lot of people ask a question because they are looking for a certain answer. Inevitably they find someone that enables them.

It gets frustrating after awhile.

And burns me out after awhile too.

And in closing I will never encourage someone to go against their doctors orders. You chose your doctor and they know your personal health issues. It is not my place to ok you to disregard his or hers directions.