Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Melbournian sleevers are letting the page down!

Hey Bee my pre op diet starts may 19. Argh... Has to be done though! 3 weeks to go til pre op diet, 5 weeks til op. How are you feeling today?

Thanks Leanne for the tip about driving. I figured it would take a while to start driving. How are you going with everything??

Hey Queen BeeBee....I just took in loose fitting things which I needed.

You don't want anything tight around your stomach thats for sure and a loose top is great for when you are trying to move around with the tube still in.

I also took a tight fitting tank top/singlet thingy caus I couldnt wear a bra and I hate that so I wore that under my top to give me some sort of support and it helped with the tube too to sort of support it if that makes sense....

I took my iphone too needed that for sure haha

The hardest part for me was pre op for sure.....the fear of the operation and the diet etc

Afterwards I was lucky I had hubby home for 2 weeks and I didn't have to do anything which was great!!

Have you got your fluids prepaired for after surgery?? Like the Protein drinks etc??

Hey Leanne,

thats a great list my friends bought me a nice soft fluffy robe thats like a warm hug lol

ummm i have my mummy to look after me hubby needs to work...but ummm i dont know what to do when i get home im kinda playing by ear

what sort of things did you have?

Hey Bee my pre op diet starts may 19. Argh... Has to be done though! 3 weeks to go til pre op diet, 5 weeks til op. How are you feeling today?

Thanks Leanne for the tip about driving. I figured it would take a while to start driving. How are you going with everything??

Hey Chez :)

wow your getting close that 6 weeks is going to fly by! im ok at work again today urgh until 7:30 so cant wait

so 2mrw is the day before so getting my hair cut face waxed house in order bla bla bla lol

how are you feeling about the pre opp ? hope i didnt scare you on a plus im now down 7kg :)

Hey Bee,

Haha you didn't scare me. It's nice to hear the reality of what I'm about to go through. I know it's not going to be fun lol.

How are you feeling? Only 2 sleeps.

Awesome on your last day. Bet it will all sink in at the end of the day. Nice work on your pamper day. Great idea. I've teed up with my sister to have her kids that weekend to keep my mind off things.

Take care

Chez

Hey Bee, Haha you didn't scare me. It's nice to hear the reality of what I'm about to go through. I know it's not going to be fun lol. How are you feeling? Only 2 sleeps. Awesome on your last day. Bet it will all sink in at the end of the day. Nice work on your pamper day. Great idea. I've teed up with my sister to have her kids that weekend to keep my mind off things. Take care Chez

Hey Chez????

The preopp is nasty but I'm here for u u can talk to me vent to me ask me anything I will b here for u and give u all the support I can ???? I kept asking people what they were eating and lived my food through them hahahah

Omg I know!!! Finally got through the day and now I'm starting to get scared I'm worried my liver isn't small enough for him now....urgh then the cold feet happen arghhh it's a new nightmare lollll

I think keeping busy and not having time to process is key especially the few days before surgery no backsies it's going to be amazing :)

Hey Chezdde0a The preopp is nasty but I'm here for u u can talk to me vent to me ask me anything I will b here for u and give u all the support I can dde0a I kept asking people what they were eating and lived my food through them hahahah Omg I know!!! Finally got through the day and now I'm starting to get scared I'm worried my liver isn't small enough for him now....urgh then the cold feet happen arghhh it's a new nightmare lollll I think keeping busy and not having time to process is key especially the few days before surgery no backsies it's going to be amazing :)

Thanks so much Bee. Don't worry I'll take you up on that. So excited and nervous for you! I feel so ill prepared for this. I've got so much organising to so but all I seem to do us procrastinate.

For all the worry I have no doubt your surgery will go by without a hitch. What time do you start your fast tomorrow?

Thanks so much Bee. Don't worry I'll take you up on that. So excited and nervous for you! I feel so ill prepared for this. I've got so much organising to so but all I seem to do us procrastinate. For all the worry I have no doubt your surgery will go by without a hitch. What time do you start your fast tomorrow?

Good please do ;) lolll in all honesty I went to chemist warehouse and bought two boxes of optislim $50 an then went and bought a box of bars don't get the optiSLIM bars get the Optifast bars the optislims are rock hard oh and I like the taste of the optiSLIM shakes more they are a bit runnier whereas the optiFAST is a bit thicker and is like a runny custard but the consistency is gross but hubby loves the optiFAST lol we also did a 48hour rapid detox and I'm doing another one now just to help I don't know if it makes a difference I liked raspberry ketones it was really nice

I had my lean meals in the evening no carbs just some meat and salad also I mix benefibre into the shakes with some coffee in the morning and have my berocca and I'm pretty good till about 1:30 then the hangries start... Hope that helps :)

Oh and my fast starts 7am on Thursday so 2mrw will be strict liquids I'll have my shakes and my detox drink and hopefully all will be well I hope stomach contents and liver are fine....????

Good please do ;) lolll in all honesty I went to chemist warehouse and bought two boxes of optislim $50 an then went and bought a box of bars don't get the optiSLIM bars get the Optifast bars the optislims are rock hard oh and I like the taste of the optiSLIM shakes more they are a bit runnier whereas the Optifast is a bit thicker and is like a runny custard but the consistency is gross but hubby loves the optiFAST lol we also did a 48hour rapid detox and I'm doing another one now just to help I don't know if it makes a difference I liked raspberry ketones it was really nice I had my lean meals in the evening no carbs just some meat and salad also I mix benefibre into the shakes with some coffee in the morning and have my berocca and I'm pretty good till about 1:30 then the hangries start... Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the info re: optislim. My surgeon gave me all of mine so I don't have to get them myself which is nice. I have Soup, shakes, Desserts and bars. To be honest I just wanna begin.

All the best with the fast. I'm lucky my admission time is 7am so I'll just fast overnight.

Need to get into the habit of daily Vitamins etc. thanks for the benefibre tip.

I've just completed 3 lists of things to do...pre op, hospital, and post op. So much to do, so little time. X

Enjoy your last day tomorrow xx

Hey u 2 how are you both going......Bee as long as you have done what they told you with the pre op your liver will be teeny tiny HAHA....how can it not be...I was worried about that with the lapband op and Ray said to me "don't you worry about that it will be fine"....just love that man he is soooo reassuring :)) especially for a nervous wreck like me!

OK Bee food that I was having (if you can call it that) was just my Protein drink and juices/cordials.

Also I ate frosty fruit icy poles to help get my fluids in....also gatorade is good too if you like it (I don't but they recommend that to help with hydration)

You will find you can only have the tiniest amounts it will freak you out but don't stress.....it gets easier believe me!

Chez I am going ok now.....want to get to the gym but they told me no not yet as its major surgery and I felt fine but they said take it easy till all is healed properly.

I find I am getting stitches in my stomach sometimes when I have overdone it and just twinges now and then and I know I inflame easily from all past surgeries but they did say that I will still feel it this long after....no pain relief is needed so don't worry it's not still painful, but I think that its my body telling me to slow down and I need to listen.

Bee I want to wish you all the best for tomorrow......it's the start of a new life for you and you will do so well!!!!

I am so excited for you.

Just deep breath and think of all of the positives and remember you are in the very best hands.....they will look after you and have the best team to get the best results.

This is the best thing for my weight that I have ever done.

I know that I got all emotional and had my times over the first month where I thought was this the best thing as it's scary being only able to have fairy sips of everything then teeny baby spoons of everything, but it gets better so don't freak out.......Take care of yourself and keep us posted won't you (of course when you feel up to it which wont be long at all)

Can't wait to hear how well you went....You will ROCK THIS!!!!!

XOX

:D

Just to let you know I am starting a support group.

The info can be found here

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/306037-australia-melbourne/

There is little support in Melbourne and I just thought it would be great to chat and get together with people that have had the sleeve or weight loss surgery and support each other...

Leanne

Thanks for the info re: optislim. My surgeon gave me all of mine so I don't have to get them myself which is nice. I have Soup, shakes, Desserts and bars. To be honest I just wanna begin. All the best with the fast. I'm lucky my admission time is 7am so I'll just fast overnight. Need to get into the habit of daily Vitamins etc. thanks for the benefibre tip. I've just completed 3 lists of things to do...pre op, hospital, and post op. So much to do, so little time. X Enjoy your last day tomorrow xx

Lucky u! I had to buy mine lol berocca is the easiest to take and it tastes nice if u like it :) hahah I love that u have lists I do the same keep urself busy and it will be here soon I'm really freaking out now!!!!!!

Hey u 2 how are you both going......Bee as long as you have done what they told you with the pre op your liver will be teeny tiny HAHA....how can it not be...I was worried about that with the lapband op and Ray said to me "don't you worry about that it will be fine"....just love that man he is soooo reassuring :)) especially for a nervous wreck like me! OK Bee food that I was having (if you can call it that) was just my Protein drink and juices/cordials. Also I ate frosty fruit icy poles to help get my fluids in....also gatorade is good too if you like it (I don't but they recommend that to help with hydration) You will find you can only have the tiniest amounts it will freak you out but don't stress.....it gets easier believe me! Chez I am going ok now.....want to get to the gym but they told me no not yet as its major surgery and I felt fine but they said take it easy till all is healed properly. I find I am getting stitches in my stomach sometimes when I have overdone it and just twinges now and then and I know I inflame easily from all past surgeries but they did say that I will still feel it this long after....no pain relief is needed so don't worry it's not still painful, but I think that its my body telling me to slow down and I need to listen. Bee I want to wish you all the best for tomorrow......it's the start of a new life for you and you will do so well!!!! I am so excited for you. Just deep breath and think of all of the positives and remember you are in the very best hands.....they will look after you and have the best team to get the best results. This is the best thing for my weight that I have ever done. I know that I got all emotional and had my times over the first month where I thought was this the best thing as it's scary being only able to have fairy sips of everything then teeny baby spoons of everything, but it gets better so don't freak out.......Take care of yourself and keep us posted won't you (of course when you feel up to it which wont be long at all) Can't wait to hear how well you went....You will ROCK THIS!!!!! XOX :D

Thanks for that info Leanne I'm freaking out now lolllll I bought myself a baby sippy cup cause I skull my drinks and baby cutlery and plastics so I can measure stuff I have no idea lollll

Ill join ur support group :)

Oh an thank you for the well wishes :)

Good luck for tomorrow Bee!! Just think, this time tomorrow you will be sleeved. All will go well my dear ????????

Funny about the lists, I love them. Otherwise if get nothing done.

Hey Leanne, good work in the support page! I'll jump on board too. It's good you are doing well.

This is my first post.

Dr Ray McHenry was/is my surgeon.

Op was on the 10th of June 2014

Weight was 136 kgs at start and is now 112 kgs as at the 3rd of August 2014.

It seems I have meet more people off the blogs that on. It's probably that people are too busy.

I am sure that many will be helped by reading of other peoples journeys. A friend had the op

about 12 months ago and I only discovered this about 7 months later. I caught up with him and

was amazed at the transformation. Needless to say I am in regular contact with him and have

very much appreciated his encouragement and support. This is an ideal way to have the close

support of a friend on the same road.

Gibbs 1951

Edited by Gibbs 31