Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats "in style"?

I'll have my turn soon enough. :huggie:

I just had to find out what these Unit things were. I googled them and found a lot of information about them but I didn't see any pictures. I can visualize them but I do wish I could find a picture.

I just had to find out what these Unit things were. I googled them and found a lot of information about them but I didn't see any pictures. I can visualize them but I do wish I could find a picture.

Here you go.....good old E-Bay comes thru again. These things were super comfy. I wasn't fat when they were in style, but they must have been great for plus size women.

post-204296-13813134519537_thumb.jpg

They don't look nearly as funny as I thought they would. That looks like something I might wear now.

So I guess that I am still not a style maven. LOL

Thanks Carlene.

Hmm, that's not what I was thinking of. What I was thinking of literally looked like a tube top. And you could wear it as such, or scrunch it down and it was a belt, or pull it over your hips and it was a skirt, or double it around your head and it was a hairband, or loop it around your neck to accent a blazer, etc.

They don't look nearly as funny as I thought they would. That looks like something I might wear now.

So I guess that I am still not a style maven. LOL

Thanks Carlene.

That's a sign you're getting OLD.........LOL

Actually, they looked very well put together. You could do a solid color head to toe, or contrasting colors. My favorite was royal purple top and pants with lime green belt and jacket. Sounds awful, but I got lots of compliments on it.

They were knit fabric but not tight or form-fitting. They were the best thing ever for travel - never a wrinkle and you could pack a whole wardrobe in one carry-on, because they mixed and matched so well.

I wish they would come back in style. Much easier on the eyes than hip-huggers with muffin tops hanging over and butt cleavage showing. YUK! Who wants to walk around all day looking at other people's underwear?

Hmm, that's not what I was thinking of. What I was thinking of literally looked like a tube top. And you could wear it as such, or scrunch it down and it was a belt, or pull it over your hips and it was a skirt, or double it around your head and it was a hairband, or loop it around your neck to accent a blazer, etc.

They sold those, too. They were the accessories. They also sold jackets - loose jackets with no buttons. And skirts. Long sleeved tops, short sleeves, and no sleeves.

I HATE looking at muffin tops! All I can say is that fat teenage girls have a lot more confidence than any fat teenage girls that were around when I was a teen. When I was a teen, any fatness was draped with fabric. Twice.

I am sure every generation says this about the following generation: Thank goodness that wasn't in style when I was a teenager!

Muffin tops are gross. Muffin tops with misplaced thongs are even worse. But the jeans belted around the thighs with the boxers hanging out give them a good run for their money.

My thought is ANY underwear on ANY body is really not something I care to see from any angle and in any incarnation. Keep it in your pants people!

What I hate are scratchy labels. I end up cutting all the labels out of my clothes as soon as I get them home. Even the so-called designer brands have cheap labels which irritate my skin. :huggie: I remember when I was a kid my mother's clothes had beautiful satin labels sewn into them. Why can't the manufacturers do that today?:lost1.5lbs: I am certain that they have the technology.:heh:

I am 38yrs old and I remeber UNITS quite well, I wore them alot. They were kinda expensive though, but did mix and match well.

As far as jeans, now my weight has gone down I do like the lower jeans better, because it fits over my flabby excess skin and hold it in better, but not with my butt crack hanging out. I don't want to have to dress in a way I have to use crack spackle!!!! LOL

The funny thing is I wear the same kinda tops that I have always worn just in a much smaller cuter size and now all I hear from my hubby is it's too low cut(they are NOT by any means low cut). He didn't care b4, the only time I dont get comments from him is when i am wearing a turtleneck.

My thought is ANY underwear on ANY body is really not something I care to see from any angle and in any incarnation. Keep it in your pants people!

Hey, Those Victoria's Secret models seem to be able to carry it off pretty well - but I think they are about the only ones who can!

It seems like the Audrey Heburn syle is coming back! I have a 19 year old step daughter who is very on top of hair and fashion. I guess Christina Aguillera is bringing it back. I love that time period. Audrey Hepburn was so elegant. Audree

What I hate are scratchy labels. I end up cutting all the labels out of my clothes as soon as I get them home. Even the so-called designer brands have cheap labels which irritate my skin. :huggie: I remember when I was a kid my mother's clothes had beautiful satin labels sewn into them. Why can't the manufacturers do that today?:lost1.5lbs: I am certain that they have the technology.:heh:
Yes, I'm a laber cutter too. Can't stand them. I'm very happy that some of the designers have started just printing the information to the back of the shirt. Label free. I'm with it.