Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

want to start over on here

Never apologize for who you are and what you stand for if you done no wrong. People are too different for there not to be disagreements and conflict. Please don't allow strangers to have enough power to reduce you to tears. Stand up for what you believe in even if your standing alone. Being liked is not always a good thing. It can lead to pack mentality and expectations you may not want to live up to. Keep posting and try not to take comments so personally.

That's odd. It wasn't edited until AFTER my comment posted. But whatever... It's truly not worth another thought. I consider it a learning opportunity. If I am replying to something you said' date=' I will be sure to quote it just to cover myself. ;)[/quote']

We mustve been writing at the same time. I assure you I didn't see your post until after I edited it.

This is crazy!! I saw this crap and i thought how childish..girl be who you are if they dont like it tough!! There is plenty of people on here not just four.. You will make friends that except you for you...

No one asked me to apologize I just guess ive said some things people do not agree with and then they respond back with stuff I dont agree with and I have "want to get the last word" syndrome

INot everyone is going to like you and you can't make yourself crazy trying to get people to like you since these people are probably not worth it anyway. There are some people on this forum who I don't particularly like, and there are some who don't like me either. No biggie.

INot everyone is going to like you and you can't make yourself crazy trying to get people to like you since these people are probably not worth it anyway. There are some people on this forum who I don't particularly like' date=' and there are some who don't like me either. No biggie.[/quote']

I dont need them to be best friends I just dont want people to think I'm a bad person

We all have a chance to start over each & every second of our lives' date=' if we choose to. I am not certain what posts & threads you are referring to above because I only click on posts that catch my attention or are of interest to me, but - in my opinion - you shouldn't apologize for feeling whatever it is you are feeling. Life is tough. WLS is really tough. These online sites can be really, really tough. People can be mean, intentionally & unintentionally. My advice - learn the screen names of those who are negative to you on here - then, when you see a post by them...scroll on past their comments on whatever thread you are on. That's what I do - it makes my time on this site much more enjoyable & helpful. As far as being out & about - I hear what you are saying about friends & things - make new friends, go out, join a book club, join a bowling league, take a dance class, etc etc...Best of luck to you.[/quote']

I agree block those that you do not wish to hear from.

I dont need them to be best friends I just dont want people to think I'm a bad person

Janice I seriously doubt anyone here thinks you are a bad person.

The fact of the matter is we all come from very different walks of life, different ages different education levels, different morals.

We have TWO things in common we are/were obese and we have or will be sleeved.

I have people here I relate to and am friends with I have people here I tolerate and cross paths with occasionally. And there are one or two that I try to avoid conversations with at all.

It's just the nature of the beast.

Never apologize for who you are and what you stand for if you done no wrong. People are too different for there not to be disagreements and conflict. Please don't allow strangers to have enough power to reduce you to tears. Stand up for what you believe in even if your standing alone. Being liked is not always a good thing. It can lead to pack mentality and expectations you may not want to live up to. Keep posting and try not to take comments so personally.

Awesome. Well said.

I am truly sorry for anyone ive offended on this site. I feel like everyone hates me now. I speak my mind only to be criticized when someone disagrees with me. I really dont want attention (a few people have said this) I just want to be involved. I moved away from all my childhood friends and matured away from all my college friends so I have like no friends in the real world. I just want to be accepted. I am.crying writing this because I can't stand that people dont like me. I am truly sorry if I have offended anyone. This is not a call for attention but a heartfelt apology. I want to start new with anyone who has a grudge against me.

Hey Janice! I don't know what you've done or said that might have offended someone, but seriously, some people LIKE to be offended and others love to be victims. Let them, it gives them something to do, something to whine about. It's ok, they'll get over it when someone else comes along to offend them, I promise!! I'm good at getting everyone all riled up, it's easy around here, with no effort at all.

Even if I knew what was said, I assure you, I wouldn't dislike you unless you were being out and out mean to someone, even then, I'd send you a personal message, I wouldn't dress you down on a silly forum. You are fine, just hang in there. If you have any questions, there are plenty of us around that will be glad to answer you if we can. If not, there are plenty of us that will have SOMETHING to say.....keep in mind, whenever we answer, it is our opinion, our story. You have to sift through all of it and hold on to what helps you. Also, don't forget, you should have easy access to your doctor's office, the nurse, dietitian etc. They're a real source, don't forget, they know you and your case!

If you don't have a real life support group, I highly recommend you find one, at least one....and go...go as often as you can. The people there will become your friends, and a real live, living breathing group of people you can lean on, I promise! Don't worry about the small stuff, and I promise, this cattiness that goes on here, keep a sense of humor, it IS small stuff. Keep that in mind and laugh about it!! My prayers are with you girl....good luck!

As someone who is both outspoken and sensitive, I get how many times those traits can seem diametrically opposed. I remember clearly the first post I made here that someone really disagreed with, and it sucked...it is always more fun to see the "likes".

I think life is a process, I actually updated my Facebook profile photo today to a quote that says "I'll make better mistakes tomorrow".

I'm glad that you are working with a counselor. Personally, I think that shows great strength to be willing to peel away some of the armor to expose and understand the soft underbelly we work so hard to hide.

It's the Internet. Some people put way too much weight into what happens on the Internet. The best thing you can do for your mental health is to get out in the real world. Go for walks, go to the movies, visit a museum or art gallery. Broaden your perspectives. And please continue your therapy. Most of us need it. I hope you find some in-real life friends and are able to work through your self-esteem issues. I think most of us who are obese have been emotionally abused for most of our lives and the scars take a lot of work to heal.

As for me, I have realized that certain parts of this site wear me down instead of giving me support, and I've started avoiding them.

Don't apologize, you have done nothing wrong. You gave your opinion. If someone "doesn't like you" for giving your opinion, they are no one you want in your life. If they can speak their opinion, so can you!