Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks out- nausea and can't eat

I will be exactly 3 weeks on Monday. The past 3-4 days, I have only been able to drink Water and gatorade and maybe 2 popsicles. I cannot get past 2 sips of Soup or Protein Shakes. So basically, I have gotten no Protein in! I am nauseous and the thought of food disgusts me. My dr did not seem too concerned and said it is normal and it will pass. BUT, how long will I feel like this? Week 2 was great- why the sudden turn? Anyone else go through this?

By the way- I am still taking my Vitamins, B12 and taking pepcid in the morning and at night and gas-x a couple of times a day.

Hi there. We were sleeved on the same day :) Have you been putting milk in anything you are taking by chance, or are you drinking premade shakes that have milk? I just learned that I have lactose issues which make me terribly nauseous.

I just saw your other post and made me wonder. Some of the shakes may have had milk in them but the last two days I haven't had anything but the Isopure. Which kind of lactose-free Protein are you doing?

Did your doctor give you Levsin (sp?) or the generic? I am 6 weeks out and I still take it from time to time but I was taking it with every meal at three weeks. It prevents the tummy from cramping and that, along with my nausea meds allowed me to get down a shake or a yogurt. I still had to force it because I didn't want it, but without my meds, it was impossible.

Levsin (sp?) is for tummy cramps/spasms. I couldn't feel them but let me tell you, that stuff is a lifesaver.

I'll first say that I HATE Protein anything with a passion. However, the chocolate splendor powder by Unjury is phenomenal. Mixed with Water and some ice cubes and it is very refreshing and light and I don't mind it whatsoever. It was my saving grace and I'm not even a chocolate fanatic. Www.unjury.com. get off the lactose asap and see if your symptoms resolve. That would be my advice

I am also 3 weeks po, I have had the very same symptoms I stopped diary and the problem resolved itself within 2 days. Good luck!!

I'm not scheduled until next week but I have a friend who had this done and then found out the hard way, like you, that's she's lactose intolerant... You may look into that.

The good news that I've read is that it will eventually resolve itself. May take several months though.

I'm going to be really upset if it's a dairy thing! I was really looking forward to some cottage cheese tomorrow!

Here's a dumb question--if it turns out that my digestive distress (we'll call it that to avoid getting into truly gory detail) is caused by lactose intolerance, does that mean I have to stop using whey-based Protein powders?

Levsin (sp?) is for tummy cramps/spasms. I couldn't feel them but let me tell you, that stuff is a lifesaver.

LipstickLady, can you tell me more about Levsin? I might want to ask my doc about it on Monday to stop the wrenching cramps.

The nausea has been there with and without the dairy so I don't think it's lactose intolerance. I think it is a lack of Protein and maybe the heat? Yesterday was horrible and as a result I barely drank or ate anything all day. Today I made myself eat and drink and I've felt so much better. I still think I'm calling my dr to ask for something for when the nausea hits again.

I still cannot get the Protein drinks down- I've tried the bullet shots, RTD Isopure, Atkins, and Advocare!

It took awhile say maybe like 6 weeks for me to start getting tje Protein in. My stomache could not stand them and I would vomit with just a sip even. If I were you just try to get Fluid in, that is really the most important. When I could finally start drinking them I had to let them sit so there was no froth, that would make my stomach nauseated.