Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

regreting this whole thing

I must have very bad pics on this site. People are saying I have a larger midsection than bust and butt..my friends would probably laugh lol. I admit I do have a big belly but my measurements were 50-39-56 now I'm afraid to measure because its probably like 39-39-39 haha

I will stop posting though because everyone seems to think I want attention when in reality I keep being told things that my body shape will stay the same just get smaller and its not so its frustrating

I am shaking my head here' date=' I always wondered why some insurance companies required psych evaluations prior to surgery and now I understand.

Janice, I am sorry you are emotionally suffering with this. I recommend that you seek some help, as in therapeutic help, and that this help be off line and professional. What you are seeking is not something you will find from a bunch of strangers on a random Internet forum. You will find it within yourself, and I would say you are going to need some help in doing so.[/quote']

I see a therapist already but figured others who have had the surgery would help ...which most have.

I listened to everyone else who said health is more important than looks.

I never regretted it pre surgery. I knew I needed it to be healthy. I mentally tried to prepare myself for not liking my body beforehand and everyone convinced me before hand that health is more important than looks. Now it is becoming real. I'm not seeking attention I am hoping to get inspiration and enthusiasm which I have gotten in the past. Pre ssurgery people on this forum convinced me that I was making the right choice so I was hoping I could have some support...thank you to those who have

Your words, not mine.

Janice I must agree with LouiseC again (and you know how much I hate doing that) :P

THERAPY! It works I have been doing it for years leading up to this and still benefit from it now after surgery...

Your words' date=' not mine.[/quote']

What are my words?

I decided to have the surgery...I got on this site saw pics and got discouraged. ..I posted a thread about feeling discouraged because I didn't wanna look odd and people convinced me I should put health before body image (this I already knew but I just needed some reassuring) I already had the date set in my mind. I had the psych eval and passed because I was doing this for my health not my looks. I was also convinced that my body shape would not change but stay the same just smaller and that is.wrong

I see a therapist already but figured others who have had the surgery would help ...which most have.

Does your therapist specialize in body issues or bariatric patients? It might be worth finding one that does.

Does your therapist specialize in body issues or bariatric patients? It might be worth finding one that does.

No I guess I gotta find one that does. Thanks.

On this very thread' date=' you stated very clearly that others convinced you to have this surgery. I quoted it.[/quote']

I meant to say that they convinced me I was making the right choice and to go along with it...if you really dont believe me you can contact my dr and see when I made my date and when I joined this site...sorry if I misspoke

I listened to everyone else who said health is more important than looks.

I think the best thing to do is accept responsibility. I have made some decisions in life that I regret as well. I however realize that these are things that cannot be reversed. So I have grown to support my decisions, if I don't no one else will.

Ok maybe this was not for you, move past that and just say to yourself 30lbs in one month is something that is hard to achieve.

If you need support please feel free to reach out. It's ok to regret, but you have to learn to accept. My mother always says "improvement comes with regret"

I think the best thing to do is accept responsibility. I have made some decisions in life that I regret as well. I however realize that these are things that cannot be reversed. So I have grown to support my decisions' date=' if I don't no one else will.

Ok maybe this was not for you, move past that and just say to yourself 30lbs in one month is something that is hard to achieve.

If you need support please feel free to reach out. It's ok to regret, but you have to learn to accept. My mother always says "improvement comes with regret"[/quote']

Thank you.

Janice, it's a month out, you and your body have been through a lot physically and emotionally.

You may not like how your body looks now, but who's to say what it will look like in another month or three months? This is very early in your journey for you to believe that your body won't change further and that you are stuck with a body you appear to hate.

I didn't mentally prepare myself in case I didn't like my body post-surgery, didnt cross my mind, so I think there are issues you need to address with your psych. For what it is worth, my body shape started to sort itself out in week 7 and my waist has finally come back into proportion with the rest of me. But that may change a few more times before I reach my goal and I am going to go with it....

Give it time, but don't leave the site and cut yourself off from people to talk to.

Janice' date=' it's a month out, you and your body have been through a lot physically and emotionally.

You may not like how your body looks now, but who's to say what it will look like in another month or three months? This is very early in your journey for you to believe that your body won't change further and that you are stuck with a body you appear to hate.

I didn't mentally prepare myself in case I didn't like my body post-surgery, didnt cross my mind, so I think there are issues you need to address with your psych. For what it is worth, my body shape started to sort itself out in week 7 and my waist has finally come back into proportion with the rest of me. But that may change a few more times before I reach my goal and I am going to go with it....

Give it time, but don't leave the site and cut yourself off from people to talk to.

[/quote']

Thanks for the reassurance.

Time to bite the bullet and listen to everyone words of wisdom and work with whatcha got. It's yours to do what you want.. And it's going to be awesome!

I so understand the regret. I was sofeeling it on Monday after my surgery! I ws so miserable and couldn't get comfortable. My son didn't want me to have the surgery and I was thinking the 13 year old was right. Three days later and I feel so much better, I can burp correctly and fart! I am sipping on broth and eating popsicles. On Friday I can have some really thin grits. So my husband the chef will hopefully make the best watery grits there is. LOL! My little cousin wants to have the surgery and I told her to go to the gym. I am sure it is worth it! I have several friends that have done it and they look great. I just need to be patient. So I will go and walk now. Enjoy!