Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today has been better, day 4. In the night my stomach started making loud noises. I started passing gas which has helped. I'm just really tired.

I was sleeved on the 18th and have lost 17 pounds total (10 pounds pre-op). Every day I wake up and the pain is less and it's easier to follow my full liquid diet. I love reading these posts! Keep up the good work!

My husband bought me lemonade and strawberry nectar Protein. Really good! I don't feel like I'm eating a shake. Highly recommend!

I also purchased a bag of ice from sonic and that's good.

We made popsicles with the nectar, yummy!!

I'm not even counting what I drink, it's stresses me out. If I'm awake, I'm sipping. It's amazing how I'm not hungry at all!!

Nausea has gone away, never threw up! I was able to breathe through it.

I have to wear compression socks during the day and can take them off at night.

Heating pad again is amazing!! I slept 4 hrs last night with it.

I didn't take any pain meds today. I purchased a liquid B12 and strawberry chewable gas meds. I've started a million movies and fall asleep! Lol

My stomach started making his strange sound during the night. It felt like it was twisting, kind of hurt. Then as soon as I stood up, the bowels started to flow! Lol I've never been so thrilled to toot in my life! Lol Made a big difference. I took a shower on day 3 and I will take another tomorrow.

On day 3 I went through a brief moment of asking myself and my husband, "what have I done??". I feel silly for even thinking that. I'm sure it's a natural feeling for everyone. My best friend has left me for life! food was always my friend yet it was trying to kill me.

I'm setting goals for myself for the first time!!

1. Play on the playground at least twice a week with my 3 year old!

2. Purchase a bike and start riding as a family.

3. Start painting again.

4. Get off the couch and go outside and play with the dogs.

5. Cook healthy meals for my husband and child so that my daughter is raised eating the correct way.

6. Be happy and love myself. I'm the only one who can make myself happy.

NO REGRETS!!!!

Did you guys go home with one of these? When I feel nausea setting in, I use this thing. Really helps me!

post-59403-13813666938757_thumb.jpg

Did you guys go home with one of these? When I feel nausea setting in' date=' I use this thing. Really helps me!

[/quote']

I have one, try to use every hour, but not sure what it's for or how it helps?!? Maybe I am using incorrectly?!?

It is to prevent Pneumonia. They said that the outer lungs sometimes clasp.

Did you guys go home with one of these? When I feel nausea setting in' date=' I use this thing. Really helps me!

[/quote']

My daughter is a Respratory Therapist and she made sure I used mine every hour! I couldn't even cheat! Lol

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST

New mom, thanks for your posts. I am being sleeved on July 25 at UTSW in Dallas. I live down in Waco. Hearing your daily updates has been illuminating since I will be doing this in about a month! Thanks and it looks like you're doing great. Sirbrewz.

New mom' date=' thanks for your posts. I am being sleeved on July 25 at UTSW in Dallas. I live down in Waco. Hearing your daily updates has been illuminating since I will be doing this in about a month! Thanks and it looks like you're doing great. Sirbrewz.[/quote']

Just go in with a strong mind. It sucks at first. There is pain, you are removing 3/4 of your stomach. But, you will start feeling better every day. I'm on day 4 and I have felt way better this afternoon. I can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow.

I was sleeved at victory medical center in Plano by Dr. Nick Nicholson.

Day 5

I cannot tell you guys how much better I feel! There is no longer major pain. I have minimal pain and its more like tightness. So it's just a little uncomfortable.

I think I'm better because yesterday I was able to drink a large amount of liquid.

Things that have worked best for me:

1. nectar Protein - I have lemonade and strawberry. They are very thin and easy to swallow. I mixed the strawberry with vanilla soy milk, yummy!

2 heating pad

3. Walked around my house every one to two hours

4 sipped Water and low cal Gatorade all day.

5. Took pain meds every night to get good rest.

6 wear my compression hose everyday and take them off at night

7 lots of Popsicles

8 liquid B12, chewable gas-x, acid reflux meds, nausea meds, wore a patch behind my ear for three days

9 Couldn't find a belly wrap. I went to dollar general and they had a breast and belly combo thing. It holds everything in place. It's really made me feel better.

10. Took a good hot shower

I feel so much better that I'm going to meet my parents and go see monsters inc with my sweet 3 year old who is missing me like crazy.

PS,

If you have children and can have someone keep them for a week it really helps. I really needed to just concentrate on myself.

My husband bought me lemonade and strawberry nectar Protein. Really good! I don't feel like I'm eating a shake. Highly recommend!

I also purchased a bag of ice from sonic and that's good.

We made popsicles with the nectar' date=' yummy!!

I'm not even counting what I drink, it's stresses me out. If I'm awake, I'm sipping. It's amazing how I'm not hungry at all!!

Nausea has gone away, never threw up! I was able to breathe through it.

I have to wear compression socks during the day and can take them off at night.

Heating pad again is amazing!! I slept 4 hrs last night with it.

I didn't take any pain meds today. I purchased a liquid B12 and strawberry chewable gas meds. I've started a million movies and fall asleep! Lol

My stomach started making his strange sound during the night. It felt like it was twisting, kind of hurt. Then as soon as I stood up, the bowels started to flow! Lol I've never been so thrilled to toot in my life! Lol Made a big difference. I took a shower on day 3 and I will take another tomorrow.

On day 3 I went through a brief moment of asking myself and my husband, "what have I done??". I feel silly for even thinking that. I'm sure it's a natural feeling for everyone. My best friend has left me for life! food was always my friend yet it was trying to kill me.

I'm setting goals for myself for the first time!!

1. Play on the playground at least twice a week with my 3 year old!

2. Purchase a bike and start riding as a family.

3. Start painting again.

4. Get off the couch and go outside and play with the dogs.

5. Cook healthy meals for my husband and child so that my daughter is raised eating the correct way.

6. Be happy and love myself. I'm the only one who can make myself happy.

NO REGRETS!!!![/quote']

I get sleeved Monday... tomorrow! You have been awesome with keeping us posted and I thank you for that! Congrats and keep on with. The posts! !! {{{Hugs}}}

You are going to do well! Take a pillow with you so you can place it on your belly under the seat belt on the way home. Gives you one support. Ask to get up and walk as soon as you feel you can.

Day 5 PM

Today has been a great day! I have an uncomfortable feeling in my left side. Other than that I'm doing pretty well. If I had to go to a desk job tomorrow I would be able to.

Fluids for the day:

14 oz low cal Gatorade

12 oz Protein shake 24 G Protein

4 oz cream of chicken diluted

8 oz Protein Shake 24 G protein

Ice chips

2 Popsicles

2 oz Water

I still need more fluids but I'm happy with the amount of increase from yesterday. Tonight I am going to sleep in my bed and not the recliner. I can't stand these compression socks!

I was sleeved on the 18th and have lost 17 pounds total (10 pounds pre-op). Every day I wake up and the pain is less and it's easier to follow my full liquid diet. I love reading these posts! Keep up the good work!

Hey! How are you? Today was so much better. I'm down a total of 21lbs!!! That includes preop diet. 203 to 187 and 182 today!