Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help food suggestion NEEDED!!!!

:help: What are some good recepies (liquids and mushy) for the first six weeks after the surgery?

I am trying to do my best with the band, I am almost 3 week post op and having a hard time. Banded on Dec. 11ths. Somethings I would like to eat but I know I can't I would like some exciting food suggestions to take my mind off Captin D's Fish and Fried chicken.< /strong> Please help:hungry: I am ready for a good meal:mad:

I ate a lot of creamed soups-Cream of chicken, Cream of mushroom, Tomato, Broccoli cheese. I was worried about them being too chunky, so I blended them in a blender before eating them and it worked beautifully. Also, plain or vanilla yogurt, sugar-free pudding, Jello. If you have a little food processor or a good blender(I love my magic bullet, but there are cheaper versions out there) you can make your own deviled ham or chicken salad that will be the consistency of baby food. That's a good way to get your Protein. Also, Protein Shakes can be very helpful. Hang in there, it won't be long before you are trying solid food. I actually was eating solids at three weeks, but not all doctors will approve that like mine did. Good luck!

Ah mushies....

I ate:

* refried Beans with taco sauce and a sprinkle of cheese

* tuna - fork mashed with lemon juice or vinegar

* egg beaters with finely shredded turkey or ham for extra Protein

* Soups from Panera. I was only able to eat about 1/3 of the cup and they have the BEST flavor

For liquids I did Six Star Protein powder with juice or milk and extract type flavorings. I really liked one that I made with coffee & Cinnamon.

For mushies - refried Beans thinned with enchilada sauce

tuna whizzed in the food processor with mayo & onions

Mashed potato with gravy

Good luck!! Soon, you will be on to soft and real food.< /p>

Hugs!

I bought Campbells select Tomato basil Soup and put ricotta cheese in it..tastes like lasagna!

I also ate a lot of mushed up avacado with minced garlic in it with taco sauce and sour cream. YUM!!!

blended up veggie soup with a touch of ketchup.< /p>

Oh yeah, I LOVED my creamed spinach :) Still do but it slides through too quickly so I try and stay away if possible.

Hi there~ I still eat campbells select soups- very tastey. I also have a lot of smoothies from a local juice shop. Its like a jamba juice. Also stoffers makes a spinach souffle (in frozen section) that is terrific!

:help: I understand I will never have another coke. That is a hard thing for me, even though I only have abt 2 a week. But on a healthier note I LOVE rice. Is it as bad as they say? What about rice noodles like Ramen?

Also, what is too spicy? I love the chili oily at PF Changs. Is this too spicy? What abt garlic? Sorry. I have to have as much info as I can b4 I make a decision.

Is what you say true?? No more pop? Is that because the pouch is too small? Is it ok to have sips once in a while. I don't drink pop very often but to say I can NEVER have it again..... ;) But, it will be worth it!!!

Is there anything else? What about caffeine? I heard someone say you can't have that? What is the reason.

Thanks for your advice. ;)

Is what you say true?? No more pop? Is that because the pouch is too small? Is it ok to have sips once in a while. I don't drink pop very often but to say I can NEVER have it again..... ;) But, it will be worth it!!!

Is there anything else? What about caffeine? I heard someone say you can't have that? What is the reason.

Thanks for your advice. ;)

No more pop because of the carbonation - nothing carbonated. Because the fizzing can expand the band. They say no caffeine because it can irritate the lining of the stomach.

Although I have read on other postings that many folks swear by Wendy's chili, our nutritionist said that chili (or anything) made with hamburger is hard to digest at this stage because of the gristle in it. I would probably avoid it just because of the fat content. Maybe try fat free vegetarian chili?

You could also blend tuna or chicken with a little mild salsa. Maybe try some salmon blended with dill and fat-free mayo. I like applesauce and cottage cheese blended together, too.

One other thing I do is cook boneless chicken breasts in my pressure cooker with a can of chopped tomatoes (any style--Italian, Mexican, etc.) or with chicken broth. The chicken breast doesn't get as dry this way, so it'll go down more easily.

I was also told no more soda--bye, bye Diet Coke, hello sexy lady! :party:

Although I have read on other postings that many folks swear by Wendy's chili, our nutritionist said that chili (or anything) made with hamburger is hard to digest at this stage because of the gristle in it. I would probably avoid it just because of the fat content. Maybe try fat free vegetarian chili?

You could try using ground turkey instead of hamburg. That might taste just as good. :welldone:

Stacy