Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone In Cinti Ohio

HELLO I LIVE IN CINTI OHIO AND I AM READY TO HAVE THE SURGERY...I WENT TO THE CINTI WEIGHTLOSS SEMINAR AND I WAS UPSET WHEN I WENT TO MAKE AN APPT MONTH LATER TO FIND OUT I HAD TO PAY ALL THE MONEY UPFRONT...AND THEN AFTER MY SURGERY THEY WOULD HELP ME TO GET IT BACK FROM INSURANCE...WELL THEY DIDN'T TELL ME THAT AT THE SEMINAR....SO I HAVE HEARD POSITIVE THINGS ON HERE ABOUT DR CURRY...I HOPE HE IS GOOD....DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUPPORT GROUP HERE...I AM NEW....LET ME KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT.....PLEASE PRAY AND CHEER ME ONE...THANKS:help:

I get my band on 1/10 by Kettering Bariatrics in Miamisburg (45 min from Cinci). I have been very pleased with Dr. Schumacher so far.

Does anyone know if medicare or medicaid is accepted at cinci weight loss center? I just got my referal today from my Family Doc. Help:help:

Hello Everyone!!!

I had my band placed in August of 2006 and I want to shout to the world what wonderful changes that it has brought into my life!!!! I have lost 40 pounds so far and I am over half way to my goal! I feel like a million bucks and I have Cincinnati Weight Loss Center to thank for it! Dr. Osborne is the surgeon that placed my band, however, I have met Dr. Mobley and have absolutely wonderful things to say about them both. As someone else mentioned, Dr. Mobley has the band himself and he just oozes with passion about his beloved band. He has been there and understands how hard the struggle with obesity really is!! If anyone is even remotely considering having lap-band surgery, I highly reccomend that they indeed go to Cincinnati Weight Loss Center as I did. They have wonderful support groups that are full of information and keys to success. Cincinnati Weight Loss Center has the answer for obesity! Halleluiah!! :clap2: I hope that people can see that before they waste anymore of their life wishing it away!!!

Dr. Osborne Is going to be my Doctor that does my Lap Band Surgery I haven't met him yet I go on the 7th of May Im so excited to see him. I also read about Dr. Mobley and the Lady that made my appointment with me had her surgery done by him. She said he was great that all of the doctors was really good. You all are the 1st people I have seen on the site that is around where I live awesome! Congrats to you all that have and that are going to have the surgery I wish you all the best!

leajo03- I know that Ohio has changed their Medicare Ins. (at least in my area) Because Im on it and I have a new ins. Molina and I have contacted them. and the Cincy Weight Loss Center stated that they will help me out with them the day that I see the doctor. Also I had one of my patients have the gastric bypass done about 3 years ago and Medicare paid 100% of everything It took alot of time and test in order for him to get it I'd say it took me about 6 months of paper work and doctor visist for him to get. I know you just need forms filled out from your Doctors stating that you need to have this surgery for Health reasons.

Hello, Yes medicare is my primary and i have medicaid as my secondary insurance. The hospital said it would pay for the surgery but I have to pay $500.00 for the mental evaluation and to see the dietician and so forth. I havent seen my doctor yet. I see him may 2nd. Do you have to do 6 months of supervised dietary doctors visits? I have heard people say they have but I don't know if here in Ohio it is required? I have high blood pressure and legg and back pain do to my weight so I know my doctor will refer the surgery. Any info you can give me is greatly appreciative. Thank You Lea Jo:faint:

:clap2:

Hello Lea Jo, Im not sure about the Dietitian, the people that I have spoken with hasn't really said anything to me about one as of yet. I know that you have to see one (At least that's what I have taken from the info I have read on this site and other sites but most of the people was from other states and had different Ins.) They may tell me more on the 7th when I go. When I was talking with the lady at the Cincy Weight Loss Center she stated that to see the Nurse and Doctor I would have to pay 200.00 the day of May 7th and to see the Psychiatrist would be 120.00 that it would have to be in cash/money order/credit because she don't take any ins. But I don't get to see her the same day. I have to go back for that. But they did state if my Ins states they will pay for the surgery then I will get all that money back except the 120.00. When I talked with my case worker and my Ins. they did state that if you have more then one doctor that you should try to get them all to fill something out stating that you need the surgery, why you needed it and how it will help you. So like for me I have 2 doctors I have my family and my doctor that did all my operations on my legs from my accident and Im in rehab so Im going to have all three of them fill the paperwork out. The women at the Ins stated the more info you can get the better she stated make sure your family doctor states everything that is wrong with you like Heart Conditions, Diabetes etc etc.. she stated to list all your pains you have like you said your back, legs should be listed by your doctor as well. So if you do have to pay the 500.00 you should get some of that money back from the Weight Loss Center after your Ins. pays for it. So thats a good thing.

I hope you have a great weekend and Happy Easter :(

Kendra

Thanks so much for the info you have given me. Please let me know what happens when you go to the doctor. I hope it all goes well for you. It has been really nice speaking with you and good luck. Lea Jo :girl_hug: Happy Easter!!!!

HELLO I LIVE IN CINTI OHIO AND I AM READY TO HAVE THE SURGERY...I WENT TO THE CINTI WEIGHTLOSS SEMINAR AND I WAS UPSET WHEN I WENT TO MAKE AN APPT MONTH LATER TO FIND OUT I HAD TO PAY ALL THE MONEY UPFRONT...AND THEN AFTER MY SURGERY THEY WOULD HELP ME TO GET IT BACK FROM INSURANCE...WELL THEY DIDN'T TELL ME THAT AT THE SEMINAR....SO I HAVE HEARD POSITIVE THINGS ON HERE ABOUT DR CURRY...I HOPE HE IS GOOD....DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUPPORT GROUP HERE...I AM NEW....LET ME KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT.....PLEASE PRAY AND CHEER ME ONE...THANKS:help:

:( Hello, I am also somewhat new here. I don't know what to tell you to expect but I go see the doctor May 2nd and I will write back then and tell you. I hace medicare and it is suppose to pay for the surgery I do have to pay for the evaluation and stuff but not the surgery. Do you have a doctors appt yet? Good Luck and have a good Easter:clap2:

I was banded on 4/12/07 by Dr. Mobley...things are going great. I was self pay, but if you have other questions...feel free to ask...Julie