Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

thats the part i like...it helps keep cravings at bay and makes you feel like your not starving to death!

:)

dont forget your Calcium, Iron, and extra vit c with this strange weather. Listen, ive been sick for over a WEEK, and now im SNOWED IN TOO! its been snowing here literally for two weeks now. Every night we get a new blanket. THere are literally feet of snow on my roof right now.

isnt it april?

i f$*%&$(ng hate snow.

Where are you that you are snowed in... ?? Sounds so weird in April.. Seems the weather is weird everywhere.

My weightloss has stalled the last week, help!!! I actaully gained a pound but tomorrow I go for fill so hopefully that will help. Not that I have been eating much. Well have to admit I had some licorice... my bad! No chocolate eggs though. For some reason that is easy for me to resist. I have also been to a couple of movies without eating anything... That is a biggie for me as I totally associate movies with eating.. candy and Diet Coke. So that has been a big step...

Lise,

Im in Presque Isle, Maine.

it snowed AGAIN last night. my truck is up to the top of its windows. Im going NOWHERE. maybe clean the house, braid my dogs fur, color my hair...if i have stuff to do it. i dunno.

Oh wow.. I have a friend in York Maine that I email with and he went skiing last weekend... how weird.. Hopefully spring will arrive soon for you. I am in San Diego, so not snow... but I gre up in cold weather, I am from Denmark and actually I went to Maine as an exchange student.. I was in Oakland for a year... in the middle of Maine and boy was it cold in the winter...

Lise,

it snowed AGAIN last night. my truck is up to the top of its windows. Im going NOWHERE. maybe clean the house, braid my dogs fur, color my hair...if i have stuff to do it. i dunno.

Lizrbit... so you went to Houston for the surgery. Are there no surgeons in Maine who do it? So who do you go to for aftercare,,? How does that work.

Lise,

Hi Lizrbit...this is Michele from Texas. You won't believe it..but it has been raining and sleeting and freezing here. The sun finally came out, but it is still so cold. Totally wierd!!!! I've been cleaning out drawers and rooms and closets...yuk!!!!

you're all right about the weather. i bought my 3 girls easter dresses that are for spring and they all had to wear winter coats w/ them to church because it was 28 degrees out yesterday a.m.

louise - sorry about the pb'ing. i've done it twice & really don't want it to happen again. when i start feeling just a twinge of chest discomfort i quit eating. the most frustrating part is that you find something that tastes really good and would like a few more bites and can't. i feel left unsatisfied or something - hard to explain - just a craving i guess. the good news is that since my fill last tues. i've started losing again, altho' i don't feel much restriction by suppertime. the dr. said i can have another fill the 1st week of may to really jump start the weight loss. well , it's back to school tomorrow - after spring break, then only 7 weeks of school left until summer ! woohoo !

Andrea,

My PBing episode was my fault. I ate far too quickly and suffered the consequences. I've stopped feeling sore now. I still seem to be losing really well at the moment. I lost 3.5lbs last week and I have lost another 2.5lbs since Saturday. I think I am playing catch up from staying the same for a while!

Where did you get your test tube Protein? ??? I need some like yesterday...

Go online to www.wholesaleSupplementStore.com. I was the cheapest place and once you order they send a free shipping coupon for your next order. It has like 45 grams in one tube.

How many of you are really exercising? I try to do at least 20-30 min a day on my Gazelle but I just don't have time to stay committed everyday.

I'm not allowed to exercise for another week due to the extra hiatal hernia repair. I intend start swimming as soon as I am able. It hasn't affected my weight loss so far though.

I'm not allowed to exercise for another week due to the extra hiatal hernia repair. I intend start swimming as soon as I am able. It hasn't affected my weight loss so far though.

Yes I waiting to start swimming but the Water is still too cold.

We had some unexspected cool weather this weekend.

Yes I waiting to start swimming but the Water is still too cold.

We had some unexspected cool weather this weekend.

Luckily there is a private health club where I live and they have a lovely heated pool. It only costs £30 (about $50) a month and I can swim as often as I want to!

I haven't been on this thread in a while, so I thought I'd drop in and see how everyone's doing.... I got my first fill on Friday, March 30. I got 1cc in my ?? band.... I just realized I have no idea which band I have! Anyhow, it hasn't made much of a difference. Maybe a little.... But sometimes if I'm not paying attention, I'll be eating, and before I know it, I've eaten way more than a cup of food....more like 2 to 2.5 cups. I don't know if this is normal, or what. I do start with my Protein, and then go to my veggies, and then to the carbs... I don't think I've stretched my stoma, since I haven't really had any pain, and I've only pb'd once (Like LousieR, I wasn't paying attention, and ate way too fast, and wasn't chewing properly)

I am still managing, though, to keep my calories to around 1200-1400/day. Which would have been maybe 1/2 of a MEAL pre-band days.

I'm exercising at least 5 days a week. If I don't go to Curves, I hop on my treadmill and walk for 30 minutes.... Some days (like today) if I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll walk on my 15 minute breaks at work, and then I've done my 30 minutes for the day!! Woo-hoo! It's too cold right now to walk outside, but we have an empty floor at work, and I have the whole floor to myself. Turn on my mp3-player, and GO!

Anyhow, sorry for the rambling, just wanted to check in!