Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

My kids are 1-1/2 and 4. Obviously, our baby girl has no clue about the candy involved in this holiday. But my son is aware of Easter treats in general & the pre-filled baskets are everywhere. And he's a very observant kid, so he's seen "the stuff" when we're out & on TV, too (darn that Dora). He even remembers jelly Beans & peeps from his basket last year (shocked me).

They're young kids, so our baskets are very small anyhow. I'll probably just cruise our dollar store for holiday toys. I do plan to buy holiday themed individual candy this year, so as not to have leftovers. A new PEZ guy was always in our baskets as kids & that won't hang around either... And I was thinking a frisbee (for him) & bubbles would fill up their baskets well, too. Plus a small stuffed animal.

That is so much less than the abundance of my childhood baskets, which my mother (a converted Jew) delighted in making for us! I feel a bit guilty to be giving them "less" than my own traditions. But they're little -- and I'm making changes on all sorts of fronts -- time to change my Easter celebrating, too. I really was surprised at his memory of the candy from last year...it's not even like he ate much of it!!! We'd just bought the stuff DH & I like, divvied it up into the 2 baskets from the Easter Bunny, and then recombined it into the "junk bowl" that night. I don't usually let him have "candy" (& she never gets it) in the 1st place, but the exception to that rule is holidays.

My problem is that I adore Easter candy! :hungry: fruit flavored & full of sugar -- that's the way I like my junk food! So while other people fret about winter holiday weight gain, baked goodies can't compare to the temptations of the Easter Basket in my book! I guess that just means I face my big challenge early. Once(if) I make it now, it's all down hill!!! :biggrin1: <O:p

:rolleyes I was banded on 2/28 and as of today am down 9.9 lbs....didn't have a pre-op diet, so thats it...also won't be getting a fill now til 4/19, was going to be week before (6 weeks), but doc is going to be out of town....kind of discouraged, feel like everybody is passing me by....have gone back to WW and am having trouble getting all my points in everyday, but still dont have a whole lot of restriction at all....plus I am tired all the time, have a hard time falling asleep, then when I get up and drive my hubby to work, I am back in bed for another 2-3 hours...:notagree

I am off work until 4/9, am re-joining Curves and will get back on THAT

groove Monday! Just want to vent.....!!!

Hi I was banded on feb 28th.. the last few days I go to bed abd start feeling kind of a dull pain like something is stuck which I don't think it is, like indigestion. I just got up to sit up and it is a little better. Wonder if anyone has had that.. I havent eaten anything unusual as a matter of fact mostly liquid today as I was afraid I had done something wrong. It all goes down fine but I seem to burp alot. Maybe it is just air getting caught somewhere. Not sure if I should call the doctor or not..

I went to the April challenge thread and signed up...Let's do this y'all!!!

Lise...you are not alone. I felt like crying at the scale this morning....same weight for weeks....up or down 1-2 pounds every day...but basically the exact same thing. It is really sad to see how little we eat and still don't lose. I'm actually becoming scared that my body is not going to lose weight ever....been big for too long. Today I'm going to try to exercise and drink even more Water. I feel like I'm working so hard at this and to no avail.

tears in eyes....

Hello everyone, I haven't been on for sometime now. I was feeling like a lot of you. Banded 2/12 and have only lost 18lbs. No pre-surgery-diet. But I went to see the nutritionist Thur. and she said, I maybe a little on the low side for my Protein intake and a little on the high side for my Water intake (now that was a surprise). But that my weight lose was right where it should be. She had warned me back at 2 weeks out from surgery, that a lot of people have weight gains 2 or 3 weeks before their first fill. So to really watch what I eat. I was also worried that I wasn't taking in enough calories. 650 - 750. I guess I hadn't payed enough attention to the numbers. For some reason I thought I was suppose to take in 1,000 - 1,200. (I'm thinking that I'll have to eat a bowl of ice-cream to make up the calories:clap2: ) She said that was where I should be. So when I look at the scale I have to remember that I had lap-band not gastric surgery. The same day I had my first fill, that went well. I'm hoping that I will have enough restriction to see me down another 10 to 15lbs in the next 6 weeks. Take care

Slow, slow, slow here too. Banded 2/14, have not lost that much weight, either. However, I do not feel too bad, I have been going to the gym 3 times a week, and that relieves some of the non weight loss guilt!

Good luck to all of us slow losers!

i had been doing GREAT till i got home from texas. Banded 2/13. ive lost quite a bit but im worried that now im back in a cold climate ill burrow in with something decadant and warm and not come out till June.

I have another fill coming april 27! im looking forward to it.

My appetite in the last few days has REALLY picked up.

im working out during the mornings but seriously its too cold to do anything once i leave there.

i usually go home, make lunch, spend a few hours on here, take a nap, then hang out wiht the boys till dinner. then crash on the couch before going to bed!

egads.

Got my band on 2-21-07 - Dr Hekier in Texarkana.

Down 25 lbs counting liquid days and post op loss. First fill 3-37- so far can tell no difference.

Hi Lois. I guess they do at such small increments. I have heard where some can tell some can't. Are you on solids? Your fill date wasn't clear. How long from surgery was it? Maybe you can get another fill soon if this one doesn't work. Not sure if you have been there or not but there is a thread in the TX forum, "Texarkana Bandsters" it is for bandsters that have been banded by Dr. H. or Dr. K. Come by and visit if you would like. I am a march bandster, I go today for check-up. Good luck to you. Let us know how things go.

My 1st fill is on Thursday, rescheduled from March 29th. I really do have restriction still without a fill. For last night's dinner I ate 3 of 4 (1" frozen) meatballs in Tomato sauce, with cheese -- I was full before starting the 4th one. I can't fathom more restriction than that...

Both the dietician (whom I saw Monday) & the nurse surgical coordinator who leads the clinic’s support group (with whom I confirmed my fill appt.) seem to think Dr. T will hold off on my 1st fill for a while longer. They said that NOT getting a fill is something he & I can discuss after he’s been able to again check the position & function of the band postoperatively by x-ray.

I can’t believe I’m contemplating not having that fill now because, as of this morning, I have not lost anything in a full week. I don’t even have any non-scale victories yet! ARGH! I did slack off the treadmilling for about 2 weeks after catching a bug with my kids, and I’m still struggling to meet that Fluid requirement. Hopefully exercise & Water are my problem, because I feel pretty good about my food intake overall…

Did anybody else hold off on getting that 1st fill because you were still doing well with the initial restriction of the band? Am I crazy to consider waiting while NOT continuing to loose?

I had my second fill today! I didn't get any restriction at all with the first one last week and I was starting to feel as if I the band wasn't going to work!!lol!! I really think I have some restriction now as I can feel a difference even with just drinking Water. I'm not brave enough to try anything else just yet.

I was feb 28th, 2007. I will go for my first fill on April 13th.:clap2:

I just had my first fill yesterday. I was on Clear Liquids yesterday am prior to the fill. Today I have eaten liquids and a small amount of mushy foods. My Doctor put in 1cc. I had gone for my 1st fill 2 weeks ago and he couldn't access my port. He wanted me to come back after my Spring Break (trip). It took him quite a while to hit my port yesterday but he finally did! I was starting to get worried. I am kind of bruised around the port site. I sure hope that the second fill is easier. Has anyone else experienced anything like this???:help:

Freeetobe- On my most recent fill he had to stick me about 4 times to get the port. The first two fills were a breeze, but the last one not so much.