Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

i leave tomorrow first thing in the AM. i am really nervous and scared! i know it sounds really over dramatic, but i keep thinking things like "should i leave a list of my passwords just in case. should i have updated my will?"

i know it's stupid.

i'm just so nervous! and i'm so going to miss my doggie and hubby so much. :cry

You don't sound over dramatic at all, lol. I was the total opposite though, I thought i was going to flip out and cry ...etc. But i was so calm, i surprised myself! I was eager and excited, I wasn't at all nervous and they still dripped some anti-anxiety meds in my IV so i was super relaxed before going into the O.R.

I was going to write a letter w/ my passwords too! And a little will and sign it and put it in a drawer and tell my brother if i don't come back to read it, lol. But for some reason .. i just didn't. I was way too calm! weird i know, but if it'll make you feel better - you should.

The pre op staff are greeeeeeeat. They're going to make you feel at home and you'll do just fine . Yes you'll miss your family & doggie but you will also be loopy and people will constantly check on you - you'll be distracted! I slept A LOT while in the hosp and i was there for an extra day! lol :mad:

Good luck tomorrow :) !!!

Hi!

I am new to the site and had my lap band today, 2/19 in St.Clares Hospital, Dover NJ..I am doing fairly well, just a lot of gas pain! Overall, I have had a great experience both with my surgeon and the hospital.:clap2:

Hi guys, I'm doing great recovery wise, but I am unsure how much I should be eating, I am on full liquids but I feel like I am eating more than I should be. Any ideas? What about calories?

I'm now 6 days post op and feel so much better; still some gas pains and pain around the port area but nothing I can't deal with. I've also stopped feeling so weak and wobbly.

The only problem I seem to have is insomnia. I'm so tired but can't seem to sleep. I thought I was just uncomfortable so I took some tramadol last night but I still couldn't sleep. I must have had 1 hour tops. I know if I could sleep I would feel so much brighter. Any ideas?

Hey Louise: I was banded February 1st. The first night I slept longer than 2-3 hours was on the 16th! I have no explanation and you're the first other person that I've seen that's mentioned this side affect. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one and I'm happy to report that I'm back to sleeping full nights...FINALLY.

I am also having sleeping problems, does anyone have any ideas. I have been sleeping on my back and I am usually a side sleeper, but for obvious reasons that is not appropriate at this time. I also am having the same "port pain" as described above by someone else. All of my pain is gone except for that little irritation. Any ideas that anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated.

I was banded on February 12!

The sleep thing seems to turn around but it took me 2 1/2 weeks. I thought I was going to go out of my mind, but I'm now sleeping like a baby (oh yeah, and eating like one too!) :bored

I did have a few nights where I couldn't sleep for various reasons. First couple of nights, I just didn't feel that tired. I'd doze for awhile, then wake up and not even be sleepy, and end up laying there for what seemed like hours. If that wasn't the case, then I'd wake up and just be too uncomfortable to sleep. My back hurt so bad from trying to sleep flat on my back, but it hurt to try laying on my side.... I'd be laying there, unable to get up on my own without really hurting, so I'd lay there and debate with myself over whether I was uncomfortable enough to wake up my DH to help me get out of bed.... LOL!

Hi!

I am new to the site and had my lap band today, 2/19 in St.Clares Hospital, Dover NJ..I am doing fairly well, just a lot of gas pain! Overall, I have had a great experience both with my surgeon and the hospital.:clap2:

Congratulations! Sounds like a great experience. The gas pains will be gone in no time.

Ugh today was back to work for me. I was pretty good during the first half of the day but the during the second half I started to get really tired. Being on my feet all day was a little rough and now I have to get used to it all over again. My legs were on fire when I got home. Of course I still got on the treadmill for a half hour so I am pretty proud of that.

Hi guys, I'm doing great recovery wise, but I am unsure how much I should be eating, I am on full liquids but I feel like I am eating more than I should be. Any ideas? What about calories?

Beccs: I'm 3 weeks in and I'm now on Mushies. I'm trying to stay between 800-1000 calories a day. That said, I'm finding I'm getting hungrier as time goes on. The fill should fix that but I don't get one until March 20th.

Ugh today was back to work for me. I was pretty good during the first half of the day but the during the second half I started to get really tired. Being on my feet all day was a little rough and now I have to get used to it all over again. My legs were on fire when I got home. Of course I still got on the treadmill for a half hour so I am pretty proud of that.

My first few days back to work were brutal. I went back in 6 days.

Today is the first day of full liquids. Soup is so good. Yesterday was the only day I really felt how weak I was. I went to Target with my sister and I basically shuffled along, leaning on the cart. For the first few days I just didn't feel hungry, and I just couldn't take the broth (yuck). The only thing I was doing was keeping myself hydrated with Water and sf popsicles. I feel revived today. Luckily I haven't had any use of the painkillers, and sleeping has been fine. My nausea was limited to the first few hours after surgery, and the gas has seemed to pass, and my incisions don't seem to be tender anymore. Weds. I have my checkup with Dr. Horgan.

I have a raging freaking headache. I Guess it's from no caffiene. I almost made it the whole day then I got home and ate a HUGE bowl of coco pebbles. Well that temptation is gone now cause I ATE THEM ALL>

sigh tomorrow is my pre-op testing.. not sure what all is involved there... I'm assuming an EKG. I'm paranoid and I just know they'll know I screwed up and ate today. If I could just make it through the next 6 days.

Tracy

Tracy

What is your pre op diet consist of? If your gonna cheat, at least cheat healthy and eat lean meat or protien, drink an additional shake, don't eat shit food or you may get turned away on the surgery table. I know you can do it! You have 6 more days left. Drink more 2 more bottles of cyrstal light. You have come this far, we have all done worse diets and have stuck to them more than 6 days; you have 6 MORE days, you can do it. How about low sodium chick broth?

1 hour at a time then 1 day at a time. you can do it!!!!

I am being banded on Feb. 28th in Columbia MO. I'm currently doing my 10 day pre op diet ON DAY 2, and feel like dying most of the time. My friends and family don't understand.

I am being banded on Feb. 28th in Columbia MO. I'm currently doing my 10 day pre op diet ON DAY 2, and feel like dying most of the time. My friends and family don't understand.

Awww! :cry Why do you feel like dying? I'm so sorry the liquid diet is so hard, but you'll get through it. Just remember why you're doing it.

And if your friends and family aren't supportive, you can always hang out here with us! Make sure to go to your local support group, too!:mad: