Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 5:2 diet

Well, I started out with 4 Ozs grilled chicken stirfry veggies (cup & 1/2). And literally gagging about half way in! So after that I have about 350 calories in! And heartburn. Ha!

Think ill sit for a while and see if the urge hits for anything else. Yuck! Something smooth and cool! Like ice cream! Lol. Still have 150 cals and its 6:30!

Just having a tall Decaf iced tea. Need to cook dinner.... Changed my mind about what I want.... I'm going to make a veggie lasagna made with thin sliced summer squash, a Morningstar Farms chickpea burger, marinara sauce with a melted slice of low fat mozzarella and kalamata olives. 258 cals- 14 pro- 33 Carbs... veggie is always so high carb compared to meat most of the time.... :(

Just having a tall Decaf iced tea. Need to cook dinner.... Changed my mind about what I want.... I'm going to make a veggie lasagna made with thin sliced summer squash' date=' a Morningstar Farms chickpea burger, marinara sauce with a melted slice of low fat mozzarella and kalamata olives. 258 cals- 14 pro- 33 Carbs... veggie is always so high carb compared to meat most of the time.... :([/quote']

They maybe higher carbs but its from healthy food! That counts for a lot.

I had my usually chicken and Greek yogurt today.

I'm saving a few calories in case I want a bite at the wharf tonight. :)

Oh and I've cream Georgia! Yummy!

Just having a tall Decaf iced tea. Need to cook dinner.... Changed my mind about what I want.... I'm going to make a veggie lasagna made with thin sliced summer squash' date=' a Morningstar Farms chickpea burger, marinara sauce with a melted slice of low fat mozzarella and kalamata olives. 258 cals- 14 pro- 33 Carbs... veggie is always so high carb compared to meat most of the time.... :([/quote']

That sounds REALLY good. Tell me the How To's. do you cut up the burger or just layer it all? Zuchinni of yellow squash?

Yes staying home is the hardest! I'm a stay at home mom. My kids are a bit older (17 and 11)

So the last couple of fast days I spent a good part of the day shopping.

Downside of older kids? I don't keep junk in the house, so the 17 year old has been going and buying major crap and bringing the 11 year old along! I tried to talk to her about it last night.

Lets just say it wasn't pretty..

Sweetums,

I do tues. & thurs. too.

It is hard to resist the urge to graze. But I don't keep anything in the house and my kids are too little to know the difference. I buy them things I know I won't eat, so I don't think they feel like they are missing out (most of the time anyways!)

I am thinking I might spread my days out, like Monday and Thursday, but I will see since I started on Wednesday, I will have to figure out how to adjust my schedule.

I was like you Georgia. I started eating a chicken kabob and Beans yesterday, got about 3/4 done and didn't feel good, I thought I was going to throw up! So I stopped eating.

Really, the hardest part is the eating out of boredom and habit. I am a night snacker, so the evenings are tough. And my hubby is out of town for a week, so I am sitting by myself from 8:00 on....possible recipe for disaster. But I managed last night, so I am very proud of myself!

That sounds REALLY good. Tell me the How To's. do you cut up the burger or just layer it all? Zuchinni of yellow squash?

small skillet.

julianne about a cup of any kind of summer squash you like, (I used a light green one from my garden) on a mandolin if you have one. or cut fine by hand. I did mine about the size of spagatti. Spray a little olive oil in the pan, heat. Add the patty to the hot pan, ring with mushrooms if you like, top with the shredded squash, a 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes or marinara, spread it around. top with one slice of reduced fat mozzarella torn into quarters. Top with 5-6 small green or kalamata olives, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. black pepper and onion powder. Cover with a lid and let bubble on low for 15 minutes. check to make sure the patty is not sticking to the bottom or burning... let a little bit of the liquid run under the patty. If the squash is tender remove to a plate or shallow bowl. Yum and yum. Sometimes I make an extra serving to have as left overs. This patty is 110 cals, others can be much higher, check label to make sure its in your range for "rest" day.

small skillet.

julianne about a cup of any kind of summer squash you like' date=' (I used a light green one from my garden) on a mandolin if you have one. or cut fine by hand. I did mine about the size of spagatti. Spray a little olive oil in the pan, heat. Add the patty to the hot pan, ring with mushrooms if you like, top with the shredded squash, a 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes or marinara, spread it around. top with one slice of reduced fat mozzarella torn into quarters. Top with 5-6 small green or kalamata olives, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. black pepper and onion powder. Cover with a lid and let bubble on low for 15 minutes. check to make sure the patty is not sticking to the bottom or burning... let a little bit of the liquid run under the patty. If the squash is tender remove to a plate or shallow bowl. Yum and yum. Sometimes I make an extra serving to have as left overs. This patty is 110 cals, others can be much higher, check label to make sure its in your range for "rest" day.[/quote']

Yummy ! I WILL be doing that!!!!

Ok just recorded my daily totals I saved calories so I could eat something at the wharf I ended up having prawns (4) with a bit of cocktail sauce. Total today 461...

I was down an additional pound today so it will be nice if that sticks tomorrow also.

FYE you make vegetarianism look yummy!!

Sweetums, yes nights are the worse for me too.

I don't know if that part will ever get easy!

So I decided to have my fast day today (so Wednesday and Friday)...I think I may go Monday or Tuesday next week and Thursday. I thought it would be really hard having only one day in between, but today was better than the first day. I was much more prepared and not just going on a whim. I decided not to eat Breakfast because I am really never than hungry in the morning. Had some Greek Yogurt with Kellogg's Bran Buds and raspberries for lunch. Then, for supper, I took my kids to McDonald's (my husband is away for a week, its been raining like crazy, we needed to get out). I ordered the Teriyaki chicken salad with grilled chicken. My phone wasn't working, but it said it was 300 calories. I didn't finish all the greens, didn't eat much of the edamame, no dressing, and didn't have the cashews. When I got home and plug in the numbers, everything I ate was actually only about 160 calories! I didn't touch my kids fries, and their meals came with free mini cones, and I didn't order it for myself either. Now I have an extra 175ish calories for the night, so I made myself a microwave Protein muffin because I feel hungry and then to bed.

I think this might be something I can actually sustain! The fact that I know I can eat normally tomorrow makes it a whole lot easier to stay on track today (although I am not going totally off the rails on normal days, just doing that, eating how I normally eat). I think it was Georgia who was the first one to bravely try something new, and I really think this can work. Thank you for letting me know about it!

Well, I couldn't even finish the muffin last night, listen to my body for a change! So I came in under 500 calories but felt really good all day yesterday. Woke up this morning down again another 2.2 pounds! And I stayed down after the first normal day. I am trying not to get excited as I am expecting it to jump back up, plus I always bloat around this time of the month. But I am excited to see a downward movement in the scale.< /p>

Wow. This device keeps working. In the past I have reduced my daily calories, upped my exercise..., with miles of plateaus and little loss..with this plan I actually am dropping pounds weekly... so far. Yesterday, I had to skip the gym because of my knee thing, did go for a mile walk, but did not have my usual extra exercise calories to add to my days intake.... I was hungry. So I made the executive decision to add about 150 calories to my intake. This was a regular day, not a rest/fast day. This morning I still lost a pound. I know Im still 16 pounds till goal, and a lot can slow down and stop before then... but I have hope WITH results for the first time in over a year. I dare to fantasize that I might slide into goal yet! ...and as a maintenance tool, this might just work too.

Well' date=' I couldn't even finish the muffin last night, listen to my body for a change! So I came in under 500 calories but felt really good all day yesterday. Woke up this morning down again another 2.2 pounds! And I stayed down after the first normal day. I am trying not to get excited as I am expecting it to jump back up, plus I always bloat around this time of the month. But I am excited to see a downward movement in the scale.[/quote']

Good news! I'm really pleased so far I will update my weight today. I wasn't thinking I'd drop anything this week because if the loss last week.

But yesterday I was down 1.5 pounds. We will see today. Yesterday was a regular day and my restriction was In high gear! But I was also battling a sweet tooth because I'm "PMSing"

So there was sugar yesterday.

This week is going to be interesting.... PMSing and going on vacation. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle my "resting" days. But I'll let you guys know how 5:2 and vacations go!

Laura- really good to hear about your success with the 5:2 diet. As for your correlation between sugar and PMS, I am afraid that sweet tooths come in all sexes, shapes and sizes. :) have fun on your vacation!

Laura- really good to hear about your success with the 5:2 diet. As for your correlation between sugar and PMS' date=' I am afraid that sweet tooths come in all sexes, shapes and sizes. :) have fun on your vacation![/quote']

Ha! Yeah, your right about that...

I thought about you yesterday I was out running errands and almost stopped into GNC to pick up a couple of Protein Bars "just in case I needed them" on the road... Protein bar= candy bar to me :)

We are all doing so fab! Very proud. Yesterday was a normal day and I met friends we haven't seen for months at a Mexican restaurant. Ordered fajita salad. Managed about 1/2. Had about 1o chips w salsa and on the way home McDonalds ice cream cone. Now, I'm the type that doesn't log if they don't want to see it so I forced my self to do it and STILL only had about 1000 calories! It's truly amazing. I really think we are on to something here. Enjoy your weekends.