Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Christmas PB

I was banded on Thursday, September 7 of this year. I never felt any sense of restriction after my two first fills and my third fill only brought me up to 6cc. For the first couple of weeks I was sure that I was going to need more but the band then began to tighten up a little. As Christmas rolled around it was getting tighter and tighter but I was still having no real problems and I have never, ever PB-ed until last night when I was at my in-laws for Christmas dinner. My mother-in-law is German and Christmas Eve is almost more important than Christmas Day.

My plate arrived with all the food already served. There was a lot but I was hungry.:hungry: I took a couple of bites, got a golf ball, belched, took a sip of wine, and thought it would go away.:omg: Then I felt myself beginning to sweat, turning red and then turning white! :present: Thirty seconds later I abruptly got up from the table, went to the downstairs can, the food just bounced out, and I was fine.:heh: What a weird experience! And so easy! :present: Historically I have always had a tough time with puking.

Of course they all knew that something was wrong. I had left the table so suddenly. They sent my husband down to investigate.:girl_hug: This was the embarassing part.:embarassed: And that is the story of my Christmas PB.

And, oh yah, my -in-laws said that I looked fabulous!!! :clap2:

All's well, that ends well!!!!

It's nice to have a PB for the relief of it all. Too bad it was your Christmas dinner. Did you get to eat anything afterwards or was it 'I can't eat anything for a while' ones?

Hey, congrats on looking great!!!!!

Sorry to hear the PB story Green...but it did make me chuckle!! Too bad it happened at the in-laws and with Xmas dinner!!! Figures, eh?!!!

Glad they noticed that you looked fab!!!!

I'm from a German background as well and yes....Xmas Eve is MUCH more important than Xmas day....Xmas day is merely to recuperate from Xmas Eve!

Yes Green sorry about the PB but I guess now you won't have fear of the unknown? maybe? I wouldn't know yet, but what I would like to know from others is that does it ever happen to the point of not being able to make it the bathroom and doing it in public? I'm a tad worried about that.

Has that ever happened to any of you?

Becca

Hi becca

Unfortunatly, I have had the misfortune of not being able to get to a bathroom. The good news was, I was alone in my car. It came on very quickly. I dumped out a bag of groceries quick, and slimed in the bag. I almost ditched the car doing it, but I eventually pulled over, slimed again, and that was that.

I think as a precaution for the first few months, keeping a bag near you all the time is a good idea. I remember Mandi talking about her empty tim horton cup she always left in the car. LOL

All's well, that ends well!!!!

It's nice to have a PB for the relief of it all. Too bad it was your Christmas dinner. Did you get to eat anything afterwards or was it 'I can't eat anything for a while' ones?

Hey, congrats on looking great!!!!!

Haha, it was like a cat coughing up a furball! I went right back to eating my dinner.:) The really weird thing was that next day I had no restriction at all and I ate like a horse. I think this kinda disappointed my host who was hoping for more leftovers. Oops! :nervous

Poor green! We're having our Xmas dinner today, and I hope I can get some in!

Yes... the Tim's cup in the car is important. You can almost look like you're taking a sip to someone who doesn't know any better. (that is, unless they've seen that same cup sitting in your car for days!

I don't know about everyone else, but alot of the time, a pb for me isn't a HUGE emergency. I can casually hold it, until I get to somewhere or something to spit it out. Even sometimes just being able to spit into a napkin is good (ehh.. but then if it's too slimy, that could be dangerous, and some slipping out of the napkin! Yuck!)

Well, I have done it in public but made it to a washroom. I carry a small bag in my purse for just such emergencies. I feel better after. I didn't pb this year at Christmas dinner - I made sure I only took a little of each and I ate very slow - I was the last one finished. I've only eaten out in a restaurant once and I've learned that evenings are best - lunch is a waste of time and money since the band seems to be very restrictive.

Now at least you know what will happen and be prepared.

AHEM....AHEM....

ummmmm Cloe....my friend, you forgot to mention the time you did a mega slime on the school bus!!! LMAO!!!!!

I'm like Mandi....most times (though not all) I can hold it until I can get somewhere safe. Mind you, only twice has it happened to me outside of my home.....once in car (oh yeah, and if you spit out the window, keep in mind the wind will merely whip it right back in at ya all over you...*sigh*....).

:nervous

I agree the cup is the most important item in the car now. Styrafoam is not as good as a good ol McDonalds coated paper cup.

AHEM....AHEM....

ummmmm Cloe....my friend, you forgot to mention the time you did a mega slime on the school bus!!! LMAO!!!!!

:nervous

Ohhhhhh yaaaaa, I almost forgot that!!!! LOL

The flourescent green slime, I believe that it was really close to halloween too. Oooooo that was a painful one, that's probably why I blocked it out.

My next big challenge comes tomorrow night. :help: We have been invited to a Chinese buffet restaurant by a Chinese family. :hungry: I've only met the father and the seven year old daughter. I will be so mortified if I have a PB incident in front of them that I don't think I will ever recover from the embarassment! :embarassed: Of course they don't know that I have hardware inside....:speechles

Green,

You'll do just fine. Take small bites and use chopsticks. I saw on another thread that it worked well.

Enjoy yourself!