Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks post-op and possibly pregnant...eek!

Not even possibly...the test said yes. This is very much unexpected, and not completely wanted. I was careful, used birth control...so now I'm having to find a doctor that will be able to help me. And trying to find a way to tell the boyfriend that the hypothetical conversation we had about having babies is no longer hypothetical. And to face the wrath of my 9 year old daughter who was adamant that our family doesn't need any more children in addition to herself and her brother who is about to turn 3 in 9 days.

So with that said, I'm terrified. I'm scared because there's a possibility that this isn't going to be safe for me. Terrified that I'm going to fight with the doctors because I don't want to gain weight. I am usually so sick, that I lose a ton of weight anyhow.

If anyone has had a similar experience, I'd love to hear how it worked out. And I don't need anyone's negativity, I have enough of that on my own. Please and thank you.

I honestly don't have any advice, but I will pray for you and hope that you can find a doctor that will be helpful and supportive and not negative or give you crap or any lectures. It sounds like you were taking necessary precautions, but unless you don't have sex, you can still get pregnant (as you well know!). I don't think it's realistic for anyone to think an adult woman is going to go 18 months without sex because they had WLS. I hope everything goes well for you and the baby!! Please let us know how you are doing! and congrats :) Oh, and alot of children don't "want" the baby until after it comes and then they love their new brother or sister. I think it's pretty normal. Maybe find a counselor for you guys to go to together? :D

I am sorry that you are stressed out, I hope everything works out for the best. Be very proactive with your health, see a doctor ASAP. Hugs

If the baby is really that unwanted is adoption or, dare I say, abortion even an option for you? I know I could never do either myself but some people are for both of those options. If you do decide to keep it I wish you all the best. Your family will work it out and even though it is scary now, that little one will bring you a lot of joy. Good luck with whatever you decide. I've read a lot of stories about ladies who had perfectly healthy pregnancies this soon after surgery so as long as you work with your OB/GYN and your NUT to make sure you are getting enough nutrients you should e fine.

Wish you all the best and good luck with whatever you may decided. Def call your Dr and work with your NUT. I've seen many posts of women going thru similar things and doing great. Many hugs!!!

If the baby is really that unwanted is adoption or, dare I say, abortion even an option for you? I know I could never do either myself but some people are for both of those options. If you do decide to keep it I wish you all the best. Your family will work it out and even though it is scary now, that little one will bring you a lot of joy. Good luck with whatever you decide. I've read a lot of stories about ladies who had perfectly healthy pregnancies this soon after surgery so as long as you work with your OB/GYN and your NUT to make sure you are getting enough nutrients you should e fine.

Not so much "unwanted" where either of those sound appealing. This just isn't a good time, and I know that waiting longer after surgery would have been better. "Unwanted" in the sense that other women try for years and get elated when they find out...I'm not elated.

I tend to lose weight anyhow when I'm pregnant, and I am terrified of gaining now.

I am 13 months post op and 11 weeks pregnant now. And I am terrified of gaining weight too. I know how you feel. My husband doesn't understand. He keeps saying I shouldn't be watching what I eat while I'm pregnant...!!!? Say what!!! I don't think so!

Not so much "unwanted" where either of those sound appealing. This just isn't a good time, and I know that waiting longer after surgery would have been better. "Unwanted" in the sense that other women try for years and get elated when they find out...I'm not elated.

I tend to lose weight anyhow when I'm pregnant, and I am terrified of gaining now.

Just work closely with a NUT and you should do just fine. Plus, you'll easily lose it with breast feeding once the baby is born.

I am 13 months post op and 11 weeks pregnant now. And I am terrified of gaining weight too. I know how you feel. My husband doesn't understand. He keeps saying I shouldn't be watching what I eat while I'm pregnant...!!!? Say what!!! I don't think so!

I am 4 months pregnant and 6 months post op and haven't gained a single pound I am still losing. Don't worry so much about gaining I mean you are pregnant. Take time and be thankful for the wonderful gift you've been given!

How quickly things change...my man is freakin elated. Which also makes me happy.

So I've taken this from "unwanted" to "he can't wait for it"

Thanks everyone for your support!!

How quickly things change...my man is freakin elated. Which also makes me happy.

God is good girl and congrats!! I was so sad reading ur story but so rdy to support u...whooohooo to it all!!

I am 4 months pregnant and 6 months post op and haven't gained a single pound I am still losing. Don't worry so much about gaining I mean you are pregnant. Take time and be thankful for the wonderful gift you've been given!

6 months post op nd 4 months pregnant congrats has there been any complications ? Because Alot of ppl have been speaking on how they miscarried their body wasn't ready and all that other stuff . Can you give me an update on how everything's going ill be 6 months post op (August) , I Plan on having a baby this or next year but I'm afraid my body well stomach won't carry . I refuse to go thru the depression if I miscarry .

Congratulations!!!!

I don't blame you, I've already spoke with my trainer and she is on board with continuing our sessions when I do get pregnant. It's been 16 years since I've been pregnant and I gained 31/32 pounds back then, so I'm hoping I don't gain more 20 the next time around because of the limitations with what we can eat due to the surgery. My husband and I tried previously but to no avail due to my weight. I am excited that hopefully this time next year I will have a big belly :)