Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein powders/ shakes...looking for suggestions/ ideas please

I bought some Syntrax Nector items. You can get sample packs. My faves are the chocolate latte' date=' good warm for Breakfast, I also use choc truffle and Cookies n cream. The last2 i use 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk also, it adds a little thickness and some Calcium, only 30 cals....and also crushed ice into my bullitt. I also use unjury unflavored and chicken Soup. I'm not a big fan of the tropical Syntrax nectors. Tastes too chalky for me.[/quote']

How do the unflavored protien powders taste with chicken broth?! I am only 4 days post op but im really not a very big person on sweet tasting things. Im trying to find something that tastes like real food.

I tried the unflavored Protein with low sodium chicken broth and found it okay but a little bland for me. If it still tastes bland after surgery, I might try it with regular chicken broth or add a little hot sauce.

Ok just discovered this: it's YUMMY!

On my post full liquid days- couldn't figure what to do with my opened bottle of juice from my clear days so I added....milk and Protein powder!

2/3 silk vanilla lite soy milk

1/3 diet ocean spray blueberry juice

1 scoop EAS vanilla Protein powder

Makes about 16oz which gives you about 35 grams of protien!

I make it and put it in the frig....drink about 2 - 4 oz's every hrs or when I feel a little hungry!

Need to to mix up your Protein shakes and try something different?

There is a clear Liquid Protein broth from unjury called chicken Soup and it REALLY good.. BTW you can eat this one warm, and it taste EXACTLY like how you would want homemade chicken soup to taste.

If you like chocolate, try Syntrax's nectar in chocolate Truffle. With Water it tastes like a YooHoo, with milk it tastes like a Wendy's milkshake.

I also have The nectar in Vanilla Bean torte (23gm protein) and I mix it up with 2 oz of blueberry kefir and 4 oz of milk (9gm protein). Kefir is 99% lactose free and has just as much Protein as milk.

If you like fruit juices try Unjury's strawberry Sorbet. Mix it with Water, lemonade, or milk and yogurt (strawberry cheesecake). I have made this one so many ways even into ice pops!

Of course all of these items are 0 carb and 0 fat too. samples of the Nectar can be purchases at Vitamin Shoppe and Unjury through Unjury.com

Looking for sleeve & bypass recipes from someone who actually had it AND tastes YUMMY?… go here… http://theworldaccor...e.blogspot.com/

I got the syntax unflavored and mix it into Soups ( broth, Tomato, hot and sour, egg drop (blended in the egg bits until smooth), cream of chicken). Many Protein powders are too sweet to me post surgery. I do like the Dymatize Elite vanilla though.

I love the Syntrax Nectar strawberry Mouse (tastes JUST like strawberry milk!), chocolate Torte, Double Chocolate Cookie (YUM!), Vanilla Tort, Latte is good if you like coffee, and the fuzzy navel is good too...i always put skim milk in mine as it tastes SOOO much better that way and gives you 9 more grams of protein! :) Persoanally, i would steer clear of the "fruity" Nectars except the fuzzy navel and the caribean cooler which is like a pina colada which is good but not sure if i want 36 servings of it!!

I've gotten really tired of Protein Shakes and rarely drink them anymore. I know I don’t get nearly enough Protein in each day and struggle to eat as much as I need to, to get enough protein.

But I have found a new protein that has helped me. It’s called nectar and instead of the regular chocolate and vanilla flavors they have all kinds of fruit juice flavors and even a Lemon Tea flavor. All of these are great mixed with Water. 23 Grams of Protein per serving! With zero carbs and zero fat!

If you like the refreshing taste of fruit juice, you'll love Nectar™! With its mouthwatering fruit juice flavors, Nectar™ is truly a Protein Drink you will look forward to drinking each and every day. Whether it be Apple Ecstasy, Twisted cherry, caribbean cooler, strawberry Kiwi, Fuzzy Navel, Roadside Lemonade, Crystal Sky or Lemon Tea, Nectar will keep you coming back for more.

Its available at BJs Bariatrics at www.bjsbariatrics.com Use Promotion code DB435

Available Flavors:

·
Apple Ecstasy

·
Crystal Sky

·
Caribbean Cooler

·
Double Stuffed Cookie – best with milk

·
Fuzzy Navel

·
Lemon Tea

·
Pink Grapefruit

·
Roadside Lemonade

·
Strawberry Kiwi

·
Latte Cappuccino

·
Chocolate Truffle

·
Strawberry Mousse

·
Vanilla Bean Torte

·
Twisted Cherry

BONUS - You can buy a variety pack of 11 single serve packages for $14.95 to try several of the different flavors to see what you like.

Use Promotion code DB435 and get FREE shipping on orders of $50.00 or more

I like most I have tried, too, which consist of: Chike, Matrix, Syntrax Nectar and Unjury (chocolate only so far for this one). My DD did say that the Blue Sky nectar was yucky unless you doctor it up with berries and yogurt.

In my experience, Syntrax Nectar's Blue Sky is horrifically bad. I'd rather drink Windex, LOL. Their caribbean cooler is pretty good, though, even in water--like a pina colada.

I've had Dymatize Elite's vanilla powder, and it's pretty good--I prefer the vanilla bean torte from Syntrax, but Dymatize wasn't bad at all. I haven't tried Syntrax's "Max" line yet, so far just the Nectar version--I think it was the nutrition label that nudged me toward Nectar.

I've heard good things around the forums about EAS Protein and Premier premade shakes, though I haven't tried them myself. Isopure makes a clear premade drink in several flavors; they come in glass bottles--their coconut version was quite yummy. At $4.00 a bottle, I can't live on them, but they make a nice treat now and then.

It seems that JenniferKatie and I have have very similar taste buds!

Someone gave the BJ bariatrics website... which is good, but I have found them cheaper at LuckyVitamin.com, vitacost.com, and sometimes at Vitamin Shoppe.