Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chips or crackers??

Hello all- I am in the mushie stage and I was wondering when I can have something crunchy! I love baked lays potato chips and "healthy" crackers and dare I say popcorn. But ofcourse I don't want to rush anything, but a girl's gotta have some crunch! TIA Suzy :)

You shouldn't be eating any of that stuff during the mushy stage. Potato chips are not healthy and you need to eat healthy foods, especially in the beginning. If you have to have something crunchy, try toasting a pita and eating that with maybe a little lite Peanut Butter. Just make sure you chew well.

Would something frozen help satisfy your craving? Hard frozen icees or Protein ince cream can definitely be crunchy.

No chips.....baked or not...just not a good idea! Ice chips work....don't worry, the days pass quicker than you think and you will be introducing solids in no time.

Carol

:) I probably shouldn't share this, but I had some fat-free pringles while on the mushies stage--they kind of dissolve in your mouth. I was just craving something like that too, so I decided to try it, and I did fine with it. Like I said-they were the fat-free kind though--we are still dieting right?

Celery, Baby!

Spit out the thready stuff once you are done chewing.

Of course, if you must - try a lowfat cracker or a baked chip. Compare labels to see which one is better for you.

Good luck!

Would something frozen help satisfy your craving? Hard frozen icees or Protein ince cream can definitely be crunchy.

I was band on 11/28 I have lost 35pound so far can you tell me how did you lose so much weight in almost a years time what did you eat ,did you eat the same food you eat befor please tell me ,do I have to go on a diet and eat thie way the reat of my life I know I have to cut back but can I eat but ust a littke,please help email me at Roxie_batiste@yahoo.com

Hi duck/roxie,

The biggest factor in my weightloss, honestly, was that I had do much to lose. The weight came off lightning fast in the beginning. It has since REALLY slowed down. ;) As for eating, I do watch my carb count but I don't obsess about it, and I do try to pick healthful foods. I don't eat red meat, and that helps manage caloric intake, but I don't count calories. I don't "diet", I just try to make good choices. I eat all of the same foods, except for what I've chosen to give up - namely the red meat and carbonated beverages. I also really restrict my processes "white" grains. I just no longer enjoy how they make me feel. Hope this helps.

Once you are done with the mushy stage, and need the snack crunch someone recommended to me the 100 calorie packs of chips Ahoy or Oreo Chip type of Cookies. They satisfy, but they also turn to almost nothing when you chew them---kind of like a graham cracker. I don't eat them often, but they meet the need when the craving strikes!!!

Hang in there---you went through a lot to get this band---give it a chance!!!

Kat

Try this for some crunch, when you can have cheese. They melt away to nothing for me.

Grate some fresh parmesan. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper. Place cheese by heaping tablespoons on the sheet, about 2" apart. Bake at 250 until golden brown. Remove and let cool. (You can also place them overthings to cool, like a taco form, if you want to use them as containers for something else).

Oh my Wheetsin---I had never heard this before! I am going to the grocery store after the Post office in a few minutes....just to buy fresh parmesan---I have to try this!!! Thanks!

Kat

Kat - they're fantastic. I plce them over egg cups to make little "bowls", and serve chicken salad (not the canned chicken and mayo, but a true homemade chicken salad), or sauteed mini prawns in them, when we have company. It's always one of the favorite appetizers.

I also used to make bigger versions, put over taco forms, for "taco shells" when I was on Atkins.< /p>