Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what is the big hype with greek yogurt?

I really like Dannon light n fit Greek. Only 80 calories and really tasty' date=' and I can't stand plain Greek yogurt.[/quote']

Dannon light n fit is my favorite too! I have one for Breakfast pretty much everyday. You can find them in Walmart, Sam's, or Target. For a treat like ice cream with far less calories, I buy Yoplait's frozen Greek yogurt. The honey caramel version is quite tasty!????

I tried some 0 fat vanilla Greek yogurt for the first time today. It was my first ever trying any Greek yogurt. I didn't care for it but I will try the plain Greek yogurt and do some of the add ins and think using it like sour cream is a great idea. Hopefully, I will learn to like it since it is so good in Protein.< /p>

I mix it w ranch powder. Makes a great dip

I too got some to try pre-surgery - tried it plain w/some fresh bluberries - I wasted the blueberries. Then my son told me to put some honey in it. Made all the difference

Yeah sorry I took it off and will edit that post. That was not supposed to look how it looked. Janice can you please edit where you quoted me? It was not my intent to sound like a ******! LOL

Sorry I took it off...lol sorry I misunderstood

I've tried most brands of Greek yogurt and I have to admit the very first time I tried a Chobani - the texture totally freaked me out. After surgery we got a lot of Fage 2% - and now my store carries the Dannon Light & Fit which is yummy, and a bit less calories than the others. You can also mix in sugar free Jello and pudding mixes into the yogurt for a change - some are quite tasty. All in all I do think it can be an acquired taste - I know it has worked out that way for me, I hated it at first and now they are my go-to snack/dessert when I want something sweet.

I mix it w ranch powder. Makes a great dip

Add a bit of 2% milk and it's great ranch dressing as well. You are skipping calories, and getting extra Protein in your salads. :)

Let start off by saying...I used to HATE yogurt...any kind at all. But the last couple of years I finally developed a taste for yummy Greek yogurt. Chobani is a little bitter but still palatable. My favorite is 0% fat Dannon Oikos...with fruit...yes, I know...but the black cherry, peach and pineapple flavors are so delicious. I sometimes add a tsp or so of granola or chopped nuts for texture. I can eat this for an entire meal as it fill me up and is very satisfying.

Try it...Dannon Oikos...0% fat...yummy!

I have developed a taste for Greek Yogurt, but will not eat the cabot brand at all. It is not smooth, and seems to be more bitter than the other brands. And I am starting to see greek yogurt cream cheese in my dairy section. :)

So I can just get regular and add Protein powder? Honestly greek yogurt tastes too sour to me

In the beginning adding Protein to regular yogurt is fine but when you get to the point where you want to lower your calories and stay full adding 100+ calories to regular yogurt won't make much sense.

I guess I could talk to my nut about this but is the nutritional value in greek yogurt better than regular? Suppose that both kinds are fat free and sugar free what is the difference? Plain greek yogurt (without fresh fruit) makes me wanna gag so I have stayed away from it. It also wasnt until recently that it was a big deal.

The Protein grams are very different. Greek has twice the amount.