Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for all the "Oh my god, what have I done?" people...

Maybe we need to send messages to Alex to ask that a sub folder be created. I agree it' date=' it would be good to have a central folder for regrets, so pre-ops can read booths sides and make an educated decision. I had to do this after my neurosurgery when the surgeon told me I repaired your spine the best I could but lose weight or lose your ability to walk. I still may need to have additional surgery but my chances for success have improved greatly.[/quote']

Yes I will ask Alex again.. I've tried to talk to lucky about it but to her I'm one if those sleeve cheerleaders she refuses to interact with of even read my posts 0_o

Buplee - Thank you. I do avoid social settings to an extent because I can't eat and drink certain things like my family & friends are used to me eating/drinking' date=' but I am going out more as time passes...I just don't feel like myself now in such situations. I just always box up my meal after 2 or 3 bites. I feel like I am being very wasteful with food, which is not a good feeling for me when there's people hungry in this world. I am still going to Weight Watchers and the gym, so everyone thinks I am just losing it again for the gazillionith time doing those things. I have kept my sleeve to myself. No, I have been very lucky - no complications except dehydration. I have lost 69 lbs so far.[/quote']

That is why I only order appetizers in social settings or if I order something larger, I box most of it up and take it home. I have to say no one has even noticed that I am not drinking with my meals as we are all too busy talking and catching up. If I am asked why I am not ordering a cocktail, I tell them it doesn't fit into my daily caloric intake and leave it at that. I am flying out with my wife on Wednesday and for the first time in many years, I don't have to worry about a seatbelt extender or getting assessed to see if I can fit into my seat with the armrest down. Our last trip to Europe was a truly humbling experience when I saw the seats on Air France and said "Are they kidding me"? These seats are made for kids. I am also happy not to buy portly or big sizes any longer.

I am sorry you have such regrets, but you are doing great at 69lbs. Remember nothings tastes as good as thin feels. I have many regrets in life but having a chance to spend more time with my wife and family overshadows it all.

I am so sorry to hear that Laura because I look for your insight each time I sign on.

I am so sorry to hear that Laura because I look for your insight each time I sign on.

Can't win them all you know! :D

But, really this is a major, serious thing to do.

It's hard for me! And I'm a "sleeve cheerleader"

I can only imagine what it would be like if I didn't decide on a daily basis to have a positive attitude about it!

That's kinda funny because I tend to be one of those pessimist people sometimes, like

"we'll never make it" but can you imagine if I had that attitude with the sleeve everyday???

Umm... It would be an epic disaster!

Attitude it is important and its part of the fixes that some of us need to make.

I researched for years and still regret my decision. And that is my right. I was prepared.

I never said anything to you. Everyone has rights.

Yes I will ask Alex again.. I've tried to talk to lucky about it but to her I'm one if those sleeve cheerleaders she refuses to interact with of even read my posts 0_o

Probably freaked out over that damned unicorn - that thing was creepy as f**k! :P

Actually it sounds like a good idea but my concern is would there be moderators to move "what have I done" posts to the appropriate forum?

Probably freaked out over that damned unicorn - that thing was creepy as f**k!

But I put the unicorn suit on to look more approachable!! :D

Actually it sounds like a good idea but my concern is would there be moderators to move "what have I done" posts to the appropriate forum?

Maybe I'll go for the moderator job too :P

But I out the unicorn suit on to look more approachable!! :D

Oh yeah, that thing with its "how YOU doin' " stare and pointy horn - I puckered every time I saw that thing. :o

Oh yeah' date=' that thing with its "how YOU doin' " stare and pointy horn - I puckered every time I saw that thing. :o[/quote']

Puckered?? Haha! I'm not even going to ask! :P

I know everyone has feelings of doubt, but I'm more referring to all the threads I've seen lately about people regretting their decision.

I am three years out and never, not for one minute did I regret doing this. I've been thrilled and excited beyond believe since I woke up in recovery. I was self pay and did not have a psyc evaluation. I've loved it all, maybe I SHOULD have had one!!! LOL

I'd be curious to know how many people a year out from surgery feel regret. Or even people at goal that feel regret...since some reach that point before the year marker.

Out of curiosity' date=' I'm wondering how many of the folks who've recently started threads regretting their sleeve had a psychological evaluation done prior to surgery? I'm not accusing you of anything, just wondering! (I didn't have one done)[/quote']

I think most people that look into it are actually mind set n follow through...I had mine done

I am in a mindset to have it done - but - I do want both sides of the story. I want to talk to the people who had post-op complications. I also know that i'm probably going to regret it when I wake up in pain, have a problem sipping, not liking the liquids i'm allowed to have - and I know i'll miss and mourn food

I really like food!!! That's why i'm in the shape i'm currently in!!