Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rosie vs Donald

In the mean time they are laughing all the way to the bank, I think its all just "tabloid fodder" as some one else has put it on tv. BUT IF it is a real tiff between the two....OOHHH to be so shallow as to argue like this, I mean if this is a problem for them, then life must be really good. I know their bank accounts are! Can you imagine, spending energy on something like this? Can we all say, kindergarten is the best place for these two?

Anyone see my binkie?

Trump's show tanks, and then there is a Trump gossip blitz? Well calculated publicity, I'd say. wouldn't surprise me to see the 3 of them toasting each other in a Manhattan restaurant after hours.

I remember how back-stabbing BW was to Star Jones when that whole fluff-up occurred. Not that I'm a SJ fan, but BW disparaged her entirely too quickly and was very harsh. In comparison, Star was quite graceful after she left the show. It should be no surprise to Rosie that BW is now bashing and back-stabbing her as well. Sounds like Barbara's MO. And I would be surprised if Rosie comes back next year. The show needs her more than she needs the show - and she is anything but forgiving.

Rosie Will Probably Leave 'The View'

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,242743,00.html

Rosie O'Donnell — quite rightly, I believe — has had enough of Barbara Walters and "The View." I am told that she is not likely to renew her one-year contract when it ends in June and will leave the crazy talk show after boosting its ratings higher than ever.

Sources say that Rosie feels that the backstage antics at "The View" "are completely dysfunctional." O'Donnell, who's got plenty of money and lots of outside interests, simply doesn't need to be there. I am told that her contract was for "one school year" and that ends in June.

But ABC might feel differently, given that O'Donnell has made "The View" bigger than ever. It's conceivable that the network brass will prevail — either buying out or retiring Walters and convincing O'Donnell to stay as the show's moderator.

Ironically, oddsmakers would have guessed that Elizabeth Hasselbeck, Rosie's political and ideological opposite, would have been the one to cause O'Donnell the most pain at the show. But it turns out that Walters, the woman who chose O'Donnell for the job in the first place, surfaced as her backstage enemy.

The tension between Walters and O'Donnell surfaced yesterday, first when Page Six reported that the pair had a fight about the Donald Trump-Miss USA saga just before the show went on air Monday morning.

Then later yesterday, a letter from Trump to Rosie was leaked, in which Trump told O'Donnell that Walters, essentially, had betrayed her to Trump and acted disloyally.

Whether or not this is completely true is irrelevant. But this — not the public façade she's carefully crafted — is the Barbara Walters I've seen in action over the years.

The first indication of this was seen earlier last year when she ditched the unpopular Star Jones in a most unceremonious and ungracious way. That should have been some indication to everyone that Walters was capable of just about anything as she struggled to preserve what's left of her crumbling fiefdom at ABC.

According to my sources, the Trump letter wasn't the first piece of correspondence in this story. Walter apparently sent O'Donnell a letter over the Christmas holiday that wasn't particularly supportive either. O'Donnell told friends she couldn't believe Walters' take on the situation.

How this leaves "The View" for the rest of the TV season remains a mystery. O'Donnell isn't going to quit, and Walters can't fire her without ABC's approval — and she won't get it.

The show is already lacking a fifth correspondent, and without O'Donnell — who replaced Meredith Vieira — it doesn't have a marquee name as moderator. Of course, we'd love to hear what Joy Behar is saying off camera about all this.

They also have a pdf version of the letter to Rosie on the site. Trump is quite biting. ((laughing)) He cracks me up.

I remember how back-stabbing BW was to Star Jones when that whole fluff-up occurred. Not that I'm a SJ fan, but BW disparaged her entirely too quickly and was very harsh. In comparison, Star was quite graceful after she left the show. It should be no surprise to Rosie that BW is now bashing and back-stabbing her as well. Sounds like Barbara's MO. And I would be surprised if Rosie comes back next year. The show needs her more than she needs the show - and she is anything but forgiving.

They also have a pdf version of the letter to Rosie on the site. Trump is quite biting. ((laughing)) He cracks me up.

I'm not really a SJ fan either. The episode after Star announced she was leaving was my last show. I thought what BW said was uncalled for. I really didn't believe anything she had to say. There was no point b/c none of us would have ever known any of that stuff it she didn't tell us. It just didn't make since to me that they would tell her she could say what she wanted about leaving and then get made that she did.:phanvan

Does anyone know what really happened to Star Jones on that show? Was she fired? Why?

They said that she was down in the polls they do. They said a lot of viewers opinions changed of her after the big wedding thing and her weight loss.

There was also the rumor that Rosie and her wouldn't do the show together, so they chose Rosie over her.

Madonna Defends Her Pal Rosie O'Donnell

Posted: Jan. 11, 2007

Updated: Jan. 11 4:16 p.m.

NEW YORK — Rosie O'Donnell has a powerful ally in her feud with Donald Trump: her close friend Madonna. "People are giving Rosie a hard time," Madonna, who starred with O'Donnell in 1992's "A League of Their Own," said Thursday on NBC's "Today" show. "I wish they'd stop. I don't think it's fair."

The 48-year-old pop star told "Today" co-host Meredith Vieira that she'd first heard about the flare-up between O'Donnell and Trump while vacationing "in the middle of the Indian Ocean" and quickly e-mailed O'Donnell.

"I have to hear it from the horse's mouth," Madonna said. "Basically, I mean, she's a stand-up comic. I think all stand-up comics talk about provocative things in their monologues before shows, and I think that's a commonplace thing."

"I don't know exactly the content of what she said," she continued, "but I have a feeling that if every stand-up comic was penalized for saying politically incorrect things or provocative things, I think they'd all be hung in the public square."

The Rosie-Donald feud began last month after Trump announced that Miss USA Tara Conner would keep her title, which had been in jeopardy because of underage drinking. He owns the pageant.

O'Donnell, the outspoken moderator of ABC's "The View," hit a nerve when she said the twice-divorced real-estate mogul had no right to be "the moral compass for 20-year-olds in America." Trump fired back, calling her a "loser" and a "fat pig" in various media interviews.

Madonna appeared on "Today" to promote "Arthur and the Invisibles," a release by The Weinstein Co., slated to open Friday. Madonna, who voices the character of Princess Selenia, says playing a princess is "new" for her - and her fans.

"They perceive me as a queen, not a princess," she joked, adding: "I just loved the idea of playing a character where I can create a fantasy world that has nothing to do with who I am, or what people associate with me."

Well calculated publicity, I'd say. wouldn't surprise me to see the 3 of them toasting each other in a Manhattan restaurant after hours.

Wouldn't surprise me much - I am not overly fond of either one of them, but I can find a little sympathy for Barbara. She didn't bring this about and tried to make peace and now is getting kicked in the a** by both of them and lost a friend. If Rosie had kept her mouth shut none of this would have happened, when she called the Donald a "pimp" in her blog that kinda gives him the right to say whatever. He doesn't have to play "nice".

And what was the problem with him giving that girl a second chance? It was his show, his business. Nobody asked Rosie to voice an opinion.

The Donald needed better ratings on The Apprentice. It's not doing as well as before.

Barbara needed to turn The View into more of a tabloid show to get ratings, so she got Rosie.

Everybody benefits from a high profile feud.

It worked for Paris and Nicole.....