Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there Bandsters!!

Well, I am Tammy. I live in Puyallup Washington. I have not been banded yet. I am only in the beginning stages of all of this. I have thought about it for some time now but just over the weekend I finally decided to look into it.

I have tried diets, lowcarbing, exercising, you name it! I just can’t seem to A. stick with it & B. when I do loose some I can’t keep it off. I am getting desperate!!!!

I am up to about 310lbs! I even hate the way that sounds. I would just love to see 200lbs, but 175-150lbs would be my ultimate goal. I hate that I have an entire person to loose!!!! My BMI is 50.:omg: That is MORBIDLY OBESE!!! I :cry when I write that! I don’t want to be MORBIDLY OBESE! I just want to be at a healthy weight.

Had my blood work checked about 2 months ago and everything came back great. Surprised the heck out of me. I think that it even surprised my Dr.

To tell you more about me personally. I am married, have been for 6.5yrs. I am a stay at home mom and have 2 wonderful kidlets. My daughter is 5.5yrs old and my son is 3.75yrs old. They all are my life and I am scared that I will not see my life grow and prosper. I don’t come from a skinny family. We all have our own issues. My kids are still at their perfect weights and I so want them to stay that way. My mom is as big as I am, maybe about 20lbs smaller. She and my husband will be the only ones I tell about looking at getting banded.

Well I guess that is enough for now and I can’t wait to learn more and get to know you all!!!!

Hi Tammy, welcome to bandland. Its really exciting isn't it. My high weight was 320 at 5'9" tall. I was able to lose 40 lbs in 1.5 years by myself then I looked into the lapband at 282. I've lost 34 lbs so far since June. Its been a bit slower for me at 1 lb a week but its worth it. Its hard to believe I'm almost 1/2 way to my goal. I want to get to 200 lbs. Sounds like you and I have both been battling our weight for sometime. Congrats on taking control of your health and looking into the lapband. Good luck.

Hey Tammy......... you already know me from our other "LCF" hangout, glad to see that you joined me over here too...

Sign up for the seminar!!!!!!!!! I'm going 1/06/07.. now only if we lived in the same state!

LOL! Tracy I think if we lived in the same city or state we would be trouble!!! You are a great gal and I am so glad that you invited me to join you here!!!

Thank you my friend!!!

Tammy Welcome! It is wonderful that you have decided to take the first steps to a better life for yourself and your family...my hat is off to you. This is a great place for support, inspiration, encouragement or even just to vent when you have a bad day. So You have definately come to the right place. I look forward to hearing your story as it unfolds and cheer at your success.

:P becky

Well I am set up for a seminar! I am going on January 15th. I am very excited. My mom is going with me and hopefully my DH will be able to go as well. (he works really late some days) Onward I go!!!

hooray for you, tammy! i am also a bandster wannabe-so we'll go through our journey together! i'm just waiting back from my insurance company...keep us posted! nice to meet ya!

Hey tammy --- I am a hopeful aswell.. good luck to you ! Maybe call around and see if there are any conferences going on -- Im going to a Lap Band conference next tuesday -- for people with and without insurance it is helpful - because most insurance comapnys wont pay for a culsultation -- and with this the doctor can do it for free!

YEAH TAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to hear about your seminar! Mine is THIS SATURDAY and my consult with the doc is MONDAY the 8th..........