Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to freeze in?

Specifically puréed? I am just wondering what kind if container works best for reheating.

Early out, I froze stuff in an ice cube tray, then popped out a cube or two and reheated in a microwave safe dish.

Did you cover the ice cube tray with plastic or pop them out and freezer bag them?

After they freeze pop out and put in freezer bag.

Thanks

Further out I now use the glad one cup containers. Pre make my chilli and fill them half full for lunches. Tat way I always have something available in my freezer which keeps my choices quick and healthy :)

Muffin tins are perfect for puree because they hold about half a cup. You can line with muffin cups and peel off the paper after it freezes, then put the "cups" into ziploc bags. I have found that they thaw and heat in the microwave, 2 minutes if you want it hot, or 1 minute if you want it cold or room temp.

I shared several puree receipes in the Recipe Swap section.

Muffin tins are perfect for puree because they hold about half a cup. You can line with muffin cups and peel off the paper after it freezes' date=' then put the "cups" into ziploc bags. I have found that they thaw and heat in the microwave, 2 minutes if you want it hot, or 1 minute if you want it cold or room temp.

I shared several puree receipes in the Recipe Swap section.[/quote']

I got all the recipes! Thanks! Does the paper stick to the food?

I got all the recipes! Thanks! Does the paper stick to the food?

Nope but you have to be a bit careful when you take it off. I didn't use waxed paper muffin cups but you can get them, and that might help. I suspect it would be a mess to leave the paper on and thaw the food.< /p>

I froze in 2 oz condiment containers. They reheat in the microwave beautiful, but the lids curl up.

2 oz. portions stored in condiment containers