Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll start with the update. I'm currently 389, which is 70lbs GONE FOREVER from my highest weight at the end of 2012. It's so exciting... it somehow seems less daunting to lose the weight since I got out of the 400s. I'm so happy and grateful for my progress so far!

My weight loss isn't really showing IMO, and by that, I mean I don't think others are noticing it. I certainly am, but all my usual clothes still fit, there are some that are bigger than others, but some that were snug before and now just fit like they are supposed to. I can see that the clothes are looser, though - just not quite enough that it's time to start looking for smaller clothes. That will come soon enough, and I'm not looking forward to it! I don't have many clothes in smaller sizes, so that means I'm gonna have to start shopping!

My NSV is: I HAVE BONES, Y'ALL. Bones in my hands! Collarbones! Bones in my feet! I saw my reflection when I was walking to the parking garage at work today, and I happened to see my bones in my feet as I was walking. I was shocked! It's been so long since I saw those bones!! Soon enough I'LL HAVE ANKLES! *gasp* As I write this, I have a ring on my finger that I used to wear as a left hand pinky ring and it's now fitting on my right hand ring finger. Whaaaat??? I can't remember what size this ring is, but I think it's a size 7 - I used to wear a 9 on my right hand ring finger (well 8 1/2 would probably fit, but 9 just felt better). I can see the change in my body and I know that with all this fat sliding off in those places that it's just a matter of time before it starts coming off my belly/hip/thighs. I'm starting to feel like a lady again, and it's wonderful!

I love hearing the happiness in your words.. CONGRATS! You're doing awesome and keep up the great job!

awesome, that's really great! you should be very proud. stick with it okay?

Thats a wonderful thing ...You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Congrats!!! So happy for you!!!

70lbs GONE FOREVER so happy - grateful for my progress so far!

makemyownluck

hi there - you look and sound terrific

great about seeing B) your bones!!!! finger getting too big for ring!!!

great things start happening - and will continue day after day

is it ok that i "delicately" say............

i can only imagine that it must be a little harder/get discouraging when you have a little more weight to lose

takes a longer time period to lose all the weight bringing you to goal

that being said......you've gotten rid of 70 lbs so far!!!! :)

i can see B) you are standing 10" tall!!!!

you are doing great!!!!

on that road to a healthier, happier, longer life :)

good for you bud :)

keep up the great job/work

you are aces!!!!

seeing "less and less" of you around the neighberhood :( :)

kathy

congrats

Wow! 70 lbs.!! That's incredible.

I'll start with the update. I'm currently 389, which is 70lbs GONE FOREVER from my highest weight at the end of 2012. It's so exciting... it somehow seems less daunting to lose the weight since I got out of the 400s. I'm so happy and grateful for my progress so far!

My weight loss isn't really showing IMO, and by that, I mean I don't think others are noticing it. I certainly am, but all my usual clothes still fit, there are some that are bigger than others, but some that were snug before and now just fit like they are supposed to. I can see that the clothes are looser, though - just not quite enough that it's time to start looking for smaller clothes. That will come soon enough, and I'm not looking forward to it! I don't have many clothes in smaller sizes, so that means I'm gonna have to start shopping!

My NSV is: I HAVE BONES, Y'ALL. Bones in my hands! Collarbones! Bones in my feet! I saw my reflection when I was walking to the parking garage at work today, and I happened to see my bones in my feet as I was walking. I was shocked! It's been so long since I saw those bones!! Soon enough I'LL HAVE ANKLES! *gasp* As I write this, I have a ring on my finger that I used to wear as a left hand pinky ring and it's now fitting on my right hand ring finger. Whaaaat??? I can't remember what size this ring is, but I think it's a size 7 - I used to wear a 9 on my right hand ring finger (well 8 1/2 would probably fit, but 9 just felt better). I can see the change in my body and I know that with all this fat sliding off in those places that it's just a matter of time before it starts coming off my belly/hip/thighs. I'm starting to feel like a lady again, and it's wonderful!

This post brought tears to my eyes. It is very positive & filled with Victory!! I'm so happy for you. The NSVs are awesome! They give us hope when the scale is being mean, lol! Congrats on your success thus far & you will continue to do just fine friend!! :-)

So happy for you!!! I am so glad you wrote this :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone. The encouragement is so appreciated!!

I wanted to add this: another NSV for me is that I am healthy. I'm off my bp meds (well, I have been since the week before surgery, but it's due to the weight loss!) and haven't had any complications. I see so many posts from recent sleevers that are having issues, or having weakness with their food, and I really just can't help but be so glad it's not me. I realize that may sound selfish, but my journey is about me after all! What I've learned through this process is that my body - it's an amazing thing. The fact that I've lived this long being super obese and ONLY had high blood pressure for the past year is a miracle in and of itself. Add in that I just had major surgery less than a month ago and you'd never know it from looking at me, I realize I'm blessed. My body is healing well. My body is getting stronger. As much abuse as I've put this body through, it keeps on going... for me, this journey, even though I'm not at the end, has really taught me to LOVE MYSELF in a way I never did before. To love this perfectly imperfect body - and not just because it's the only one I'll ever have - because IT IS RESILIENT! It really brings a happy tear to my eye to know that I have more respect for myself now, and I'm not even close to the finish line. I'll get there... I'll (try to) be patient... but for now - this feels pretty great, too. :)

Thanks again everyone! <3

When I start to feel a loss is not noticeable I think to myself I'm losing fat on my internal organs. I'm getting healthier. Then a week goes by and I say hey I never noticed that collar bone. Lol.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences here. It has truly brought me to tears. Congratulations on your tremendous progress so far! 70 lbs is a lot of weight! Imagine carrying around 7 bowling balls. That is how much easier you've made your life! Such a blessing and you are only in the beginning of your journey! You are doing great and I am so happy for you and for myself because I'm on this exciting journey too!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274