Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your caloric/protein intake?

So I'm 3 months post op on the 1st and down almost 60 lbs. I'm eating around 800 calories a day and 70ish grams of protein...sometimes I hit 900 or so. What is your typical calorie/protien intake and how far out are you? I know everyone is different, just curious how I stack up.

I'm 5 months post op. Have lost 87 pounds. I aim for 70 grams Protein and 800 calories a day. 64 ounces Water. I don't pay much attention to carbs.

During my weight loss phase I was doing 600 calories a day, 20 or less carbs, 80 to 100 grams of Protein and 100 oz of Water. Now in maintenance I'm doing 800 to 900 calories a day, 30 or less carbs, 100 to 120 grams of protein and 100 oz of water. I also exercise 6 days a week for a minimum of an hour, weight lift 3 times a week with a trainer. Oh and I'm 55 years old.

I'm a little over 3 months post op down 57lbs. I try to eat 900-1100 calories a day, at least 60 grams of Protein and don't really pay attention to carbs, my surgoen didn't give me a calorie goal or carb goal just told me to get at least 60 grams of protein and 60oz of Water, which I'm really bad about can barely get 40oz in.

I am just over five months out from surgery - I was sleeved on 12/19/2012. I just emailed my RD this exact question last week. Here is how she replied:

6 mo. Post-op: ~850 calories/day

~90 grams carbohydrate/day

60-80 grams protein/day

~25 grams fat/day

More than 12 mo. Post-op: ~1300 calories/day

~130 grams carbohydrate/day

60-100 grams protein/day

~40 grams fat/day

I know that all of the programs are different -- that's just what I was told. Hope that helps.

I am just over five months out from surgery - I was sleeved on 12/19/2012. I just emailed my RD this exact question last week. Here is how she replied:

60-80 grams protein/day

~25 grams fat/day

60-100 grams protein/day

~40 grams fat/day

I know that all of the programs are different -- that's just what I was told. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to try and cut my calories a little. Hopefully it will speed up the weight loss some. :)

16 weeks down 81.6 pds intake 600-900 protien 60-80 g carbs 15-40 g fat less than 20g daily an I run 3-5 days a weeks.

60-80 grams protein/day

~25 grams fat/day

60-100 grams protein/day

~40 grams fat/day

Thanks I am going to start following these guidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

How do you see how many grams of Protein you've had in a day on my fitness pal

I use the app: click on "home" (on the bottom) and then "daily" (near the middle of the top).

I stopped losing when I was eating very low carb and 800 calories a day. Now I'm eating 1200/day, sometimes less, sometimes more on days I work out a lot. I started losing again. Then stopped losing for a Short while so I added two lower calorie days to my week nod I'm back to losing again. My answer is "I constantly mix it up"

I don't know that I'd ever go back to 600-900 calories a day. I feel better eating more, but I work out quite a bit too. If I didn't, if probably eat less. I just remembered how well I lost on weight watchers and thought my r upping calories to match what ww would have me on Would work and it did.

Edit: Protein usually around 64

Water around 90-100