Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Proudgrammy, I love you babe. Don't let any of those babysleevers upset you. You deserve rethpect, wait, I have to put my false-teeth in, respect is what I meant to say. You are one of the most encouraging people on this site and if people take offense at your comments then they have NO RESPECT.

They won't feed you more than you will eat. Before they place a peg tube or J tube I am sure they would have seen what your stomach looks like.A medical history is taken upon admittance to a nursing home so your surgery would be disclosed at that point.

Well... there you have it. I am half your age' date=' and I worry about random things. But I guess since you'll likely be in a home a lot sooner than me, you can let us all know what it's like to be gavage- fed purée until you puke. I won't laugh though. However, I might say... 'too bad she didn't luck out and die at 60'. Really do love ya too, hun.[/quote']

Wow, danielle325 probably one of the most disrespectful posts I have ever seen. Can't take a joke? Put your claws back in, please!

Proudgrammy' date=' I love you babe. Don't let any of those babysleevers upset you. You deserve rethpect, wait, I have to put my false-teeth in, respect is what I meant to say. You are one of the most encouraging people on this site and if people take offense at your comments then they have NO RESPECT.[/quote']

This is the first time I've had a thread receive anything other than supportive comments on this site. But, there's a first time for everything, I guess! Haha... I just didn't think it would be from a couple of 'sweet' older ladies. Maybe youre right...i'm probably misreading the comments. Maybe it's one of those 'tone' things that can be misinterpreted so easily online. Maybe they'll come up with a sollution for that someday before I luck out and die at 90. Long after you've 'lucked out'. No disrespect intended. Sincerely, your babysleever.

First, I simply refuse to grow old. (I'm already 243 years old, just ask my kids)

Second, I won't be going to any home.

Third, If I have to be fed, I will go out like a true Viking... "and my death.....it will be glorious!" (Evel Knievel quote)

rock on proudgrammy!

Believe me, in most nursing homes, If you don't eat, they just take your food away. Their is little concern for the nutritional intake of the patient. Very rarely will they even attempt to feed patients who are slow or uninterested eaters.

Proud Grammy would never be disrespectful to anyone on here. She is being light hearted and kindling.

What she is saying is that at such a young age the OP is having a lot of anxiety about this issue. I work on staying in the present moment all the time. When I focus on the future I miss out in today. :)

let us all know what it's like to be gavage- fed purée until you puke. I won't laugh though. However, I might say... 'too bad she didn't luck out and die at 60'. Really do love ya too, hun.

i am so sad and unhappy

no more laughing tears

i am actually wiping my real tears

i never meant any harm

i re-read my post

i don't think i said anything wrong

i had no ill intent, meant no harm

i'm sorry if you thought i was saying anything mean about you - i wouldn't /couldn't say sh...it if had a mouthful

i was just making a joke - making light of a subject

i will be more careful with my words

kathy

A joke is a joke, and I have a pretty decent sense of humor. I do. I just didn't 'get' that one. Sorry. I run through different scenarios in my mind and just wondered about the scenario of getting old with a sleeve, since it's inevitable. Anyway... Thank you to those that offered helpful advice. Feel free to unsubscribe to what turned out to be a ridiculous feed.... hahaha....

This is the first time I've had a thread receive anything other than supportive comments on this site. But' date=' there's a first time for everything, I guess! Haha... I just didn't think it would be from a couple of 'sweet' older ladies. Maybe youre right...i'm probably misreading the comments. Maybe it's one of those 'tone' things that can be misinterpreted so easily online. Maybe they'll come up with a sollution for that someday before I luck out and die at 90. Long after you've 'lucked out'. No disrespect intended. Sincerely, your babysleever.[/quote']

Maybe you intended 'no disrespect', but sadly, you did achieve it.

i am so sad and unhappy

i am even wiping my tears

i never meant any harm

i re-read my post

i don't think i said anything wrong

i had no ill intent

i'm sorry

anyone that knows me knows i wouldn't hut a fly

and if you don't know me - i still thought it sounded like a joke

kathy

Don't cry and don't stress. Those that matter know how caring you are and that you said nothing wrong. It just seems that there are people on here these days who feel they need to prove something about themselves. Sadly they are proving that they are really not very nice. You have already proved what a lovely, caring person you are.

proudgrammy, AussieLady-

don't cry grammy....c'mon ladies...let's just HUG IT OUT...I really am nice, I swear. Did I mention I've had nothing but Water, broth and Jello for almost 3 weeks???? HUGS FOR YOU.

danelle235

i'm trying to hold back the laughing tears!!!! :D

I'm not laughing at you - wait yes i am :lol: :lol:

sounds like you are around 25 years young???

i wouldn't worry about what might happen in 60 years!!!! :)

look at it this way..........

you might luck out and die when you are 30 :lol:

(I really do luv ya hun )

if this is the worst dream/thought you now have - God Bless You :lol:

good luck :)

no mush yet ;)

59 year old "proudgrammy" <_<

kathy :)

You made me giggle.