Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate the time of these threads when a person says something's others don't agree with. We are not here to bash to criticize or lecture. The best thing is do to is to offer unbiased advice and ask that the person check in with their doctor. It's not my business what their lifestyle or leisure time looks like and neither is it yours people stop being so judgement and harsh.

That is all

I hate the time of these threads when a person says something's others don't agree with. We are not here to bash to criticize or lecture. The best thing is do to is to offer unbiased advice and ask that the person check in with their doctor. It's not my business what their lifestyle or leisure time looks like and neither is it yours people stop being so judgement and harsh.

That is all

I think it's gone quite well. She asked a question and everyone opined. Maybe not with the answers she wanted.. But got all the same :D

Wait until you get there. If you can get your 60-80g Protein and 64 or more ounces of Fluid at one month out by all means enjoy yourself.

Personally, I think you're going to be more interested in moving out of softs and into real food than getting blotted.

I'm just passing my second month and many in my cohort (including myself) are still not getting everything in. The thought of alcohol just really does not appeal

That is all

SPEAK!!!!

I don't think people are being judgmental at all. As for harshness...sometimes it TAKES harshness to get through to people. That said, I do NOT think this thread has been harsh at all.

As for someone's leisure time or lifestyle being "not our business?" When you put it out on a public forum, then yes, that poster is "inviting" commentary on their lifestyle. In addition, alcohol is VERY much a lifestyle choice that often DOES impact others.

So when someone says that they're like to go to a graduation party, one month post op, to do vodka shooters, I can't help but wonder how many of the other people at that party will be drunk that night? And of those, how many will choose to drive because they're not "that drunk?" And for this particular poster, it makes me sad. She's taken a HUGE step toward being healthy the rest of her life and instead of making plans to make the most of her surgery, she wants to drink enough to "feel it."

There are so many other ways....and yes, in my opinion, BETTER ways, to enjoy life.

Ive learned in life most often the raw truth with no other intent causes people to feel bashed or offended... I just speak the truth take it as you will, not every one is going to downsize or agree with every one

Amanda' date=' I in no way made it sound like I thought you're an alcoholic. I even prefaced my post with explaining WHY I have such a strong bias against drinking. But no, not practically every person in college drinks. It's NOT a lifestyle and it shouldn't be.[/quote']

I would agree with this statement by cinward. My first drink was at 35, about 12 years after college. However, that is me. I am not against college drinking. Even now, still not drinking to party or get drunk but sometimes I think about it, to let loose. I have to say though that when I drink, I sometimes eat more...

I JUST asked my surgeon this question this afternoon...he is a board certified surgeon with over 1,200 sleeve and bypass surgeries with no leaks amongst his patients and he is fine with "moderate alcohol starting 4 weeks post-op"...now, every surgeon is different and every patient is different, and that is from a post-op medical perspective...has nothing to do with the empty calories or the change in the way your body likely metabolizes alcohol after bariatric surgery.

SPEAK!!!!

WOOF!!!

I think upside down keg stands are in order' date=' personally!![/quote']

Lmao... You ain't even right girl

I don't see what the big deal is. I tried wine at 4 weeks out. It didn't sit well so I stopped. Just take it slow and see how it goes. Be careful because you do get buzzed faster and make sure you've had plenty of water! Not everyone who enjoys an occasional drink is a raging alcoholic.

Who said men can't be trained? :P

Ouch!!!