Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im struggling preop diet

On day 4 of my Protein shake only pre op diet. I'm doing well; better than I thought I would. Each time I think about how hard this is' date=' or I get a little grouchy because I love food and I want to eat, I look at a picture of myself I don't like to remind myself why I am doing this. It has helped me a lot!

I have had a lot more head hunger than actual hunger and it does get easier as the days go on.[/quote']

That's an excellent idea. I think I am going to put a picture on the fridge. That should motivate me!

I feel like I have messed up I'm so worried about everything I did so well and I hit a low had some mashed potatoes idk if that is bad lol it's hard I'm struggling alot.... My bf just got back from deployment and has been wanting diff foods so in def having a hard time I hope I didn't do anything wrong

I feel like I have messed up I'm so worried about everything I did so well and I hit a low had some mashed potatoes idk if that is bad lol it's hard I'm struggling alot.... My bf just got back from deployment and has been wanting diff foods so in def having a hard time I hope I didn't do anything wrong

Don't beat yourself up. I think, from what the PA told me, they mostly want you to lose some weight but they won't cancel the surgery unless you gain. My surgeon said to aim for 20/30 pounds and I got really discouraged but my PA said just do your best.

I just had my surgery Tuesday everything went great they didn't even ask about my diet week I'm having lots of gas trouble though !!!! You helped me through so much

I just had my surgery Tuesday everything went great they didn't even ask about my diet week I'm having lots of gas trouble though !!!! You helped me through so much

Congrats & Good Luck!

Thank you everyone I am In day 3 and I'm struggling with the head hunger my mind wants so many things!! I've seen many diff lengths for preop diet the first two days I did bad but I've tried to step it up a lot more just testing foods and all I just miss the chewing : ( stupid head hunger

i said the same thing to a coworker, "I miss chewing!" and her responce was "Chew gum." :/ Not helpful. I like Jello, so I made some sugar-free jigglers. My son and I had fun with those. broth helps to get a savory flavor instead of always having a sweet shake. I dont seem to be having much of a hunger problem, but I am not feeling all that well either. And I am not getting in all that I should be.

Hang in there!

Ah, guess I should hav read the whole thread first. LOL! CONGRATS!!!! Glad to hear it all went well.

I have to say that this is 1 of the hardest things I ever had 2 do atleast it feels that way. I am an emotional eater so usually when Im down I can cook something that makes me feel better BUT I cant do that now. I am on day 7 of a 10 day liquid diet, I feel like I went from 1000000 calories down to 200 lol anyway, I take a Protein Shake in the am, then wylers light in Water ALL day, I eat a cream of chicken Soup (like a juicy steak), when I get home I have another shake & I have a sugar free fudge popcicle then more water...then I take my shower & go 2 bed. Its easy for me 2 do this diet at work, my problem is when I am at home. You can do this tho, if I can do it ANYBODY can do it believe me!

I have to say that this is 1 of the hardest things I ever had 2 do atleast it feels that way. I am an emotional eater so usually when Im down I can cook something that makes me feel better BUT I cant do that now. I am on day 7 of a 10 day liquid diet' date=' I feel like I went from 1000000 calories down to 200 lol anyway, I take a Protein shake in the am, then wylers light in Water ALL day, I eat a cream of chicken Soup (like a juicy steak), when I get home I have another shake & I have a sugar free fudge popcicle then more water...then I take my shower & go 2 bed. Its easy for me 2 do this diet at work, my problem is when I am at home. You can do this tho, if I can do it ANYBODY can do it believe me![/quote']

You are doing so well! The pre op was so hard for me too. And yes food was my everything, I was (am) a food addict and having it taken away when going through this stressful time (preparing for life changing surgery) is a cruel and unusual punishment! I wanted to just go to bed and sleep until the surgery day...

Nights are the hardest yes! But you are doing it :)

Yay! I'm so happy for you!

I'm on day 10 of a 14 day. Mine is 3 to 4 Protein Shakes and if I'm feeling bad I can have 3 oz lean meat. The meat has made a huge difference. Such a small amount but it gives me a lot more strength and energy. And Jello has also helped more than I thought it would. Little worried about tonight as I have to bake 2 cakes. Then decorate them tomorrow night.

I'm on day 10 of a 14 day. Mine is 3 to 4 Protein shakes and if I'm feeling bad I can have 3 oz lean meat. The meat has made a huge difference. Such a small amount but it gives me a lot more strength and energy. And Jello has also helped more than I thought it would. Little worried about tonight as I have to bake 2 cakes. Then decorate them tomorrow night.

Good luck! That must be hard!