Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months post op-what is everyone eating?

Hi,

I will be 3 months out on the 25th and I am at a stall going up and down the same 2-3 lbs for a while now.

I try to focus on Protein first but I do have a bite of this and that that have carbs in it.

What is everyone eating? Should we be eating everything? I'm confused with the little amount of food that I eat that I should be losing a ton. Help!!!

I am 4 months out, my normal day consists of

6 am premier Protein shake

8 am 5 oz of plain Greek Yogurt with Mio for flavor

11 am Weight Watchers Smart Ones - chicken & cheese Quesdilla or Weight Watchers - Smart Ones chicken Ranchero Smart Mini Wraps

5 pm 3 in chicken sub from subway on flat bread..

9pm 2 popsicles

I hit my 3 month mark last week. Sometimes I have a stall, but it doesn't help that I have OCD about weighing myself everyday!!! Before the thought of weighing myself made me cringe and now I can't stop doing it! I make sure the Proteins always come first then I wait a little bit and if I still feel hungry I might indulge in a carb or two. I'm doing well with sticking to lean meats....chicken, turkey, tuna and lean ground beef. The hardest part is making sure you get enough of the Protein and Water. Sometimes I feel like it's impossible! However I do not regret getting this surgery, it's one of the best decision I have ever made! :D

I'm almost 3 months out. I have a nectar fuzzy navel Protein Drink when I first wake up. I try to eat a Protein rich Breakfast (maybe a 1 egg omelet, 1/2 slice 2% cheese and some mushrooms and a slice of ham diced). For lunch I try to eat something high in protein, such as tuna or chicken salad made with low fat mayo. For dinner, I have sauteed veggies and chicken or fish normally. And a protein drink afterwards. .... I am averaging around 600 calories. I need to up that but it's not as easy as I once thought. I'm loosing at a very steady pace and excercizing daily. I log everything on MyFitnessPal which seems to keep me accountable. ................ best of luck! DRINK DRINK DRINK and get your protein in!!! :)

oops I forgot to mention that I only weigh at Dr. visits. I like big numbers so I don't do the daily weigh in thing! ......... again best of luck!

Thanks everyone. So basically none of you snack? I have 3 meals a day (BLD) but sometimes I need something around 3 or I feel sick or kinda empty. Does anyone of you feel this way?

I also need something sweet later in the evening. One cube of dark choc does it - is this bad?

Also does anyone have any sort of carbs?

At 3 months out I was able to eat anything I wanted that my stomach didn't have a problem with, which was nothing. I still really try and watch my carb intake, because they are my weakness so I try and stay away as much as possible, and have done well with it. Just remember Protein first, by the time that is done you won't want anything else. Good luck!

yologirl I am almost 3mos out and yes i snack occasionally! i even had a hostess cupcake for 210 calories and still stayed under 1000 calories that my nut set for me!! As long as I can "afford" the calories I allow myself AS THIS WILL BE FOR LIFE!! I am very happy so far with my results!!

Protein protein protein. I have a Protein Shake when I wake, lean meat around 2.5-3 hours later, then some fruit and a Isopure for 40 grams of protein then another 4-6 oz. of lean meat and a late snack protein shake. I get over 100 grams of protein a day, work out 5 days a week and have lost 56 lbs since being sleeved on 2-27-2013.

Breakfast is grab and go: Protein shake or bar

Snack: Greek yogurt or 1 oz mixed nuts

Lunch: lean Protein with veggie side (like chicken and broccoli)

Snack: string cheese, sometimes with a few crackers

Dinner: mini pizza (lo carb tortilla, turkey pepperoni etc) or some variation of lean Protein and a veggie.

I average around 800 cals.

Hello, I am

Hoping to have the sleeve done by July. May I ask the importance of all the Protein? I think it is great how all of you are eating regular meals. When we're you able to do so? Is there any foods or drinks that are just plain off limits?

Hello' date=' I am

Hoping to have the sleeve done by July. May I ask the importance of all the Protein? I think it is great how all of you are eating regular meals. When we're you able to do so? Is there any foods or drinks that are just plain off limits?[/quote']

When sleeved, we eat so little that Protein tracking is essential to help burn fat and maintain muscle as well as for overall good health. Off limit foods and drinks really vary by surgeon and there is a lot of debate on here. For me, I try to limit my carbs daily so I generally avoid bread and Pasta. I don't drink coffee, alcohol, or soda. I prefer to get my calories from food. I also avoid some foods with tough skins or membranes e.g. I peel my apples and ocitrus fruitetcs, etc. I won't always do that but my surgeon recommends it for the first 6 months.