Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op Day 5: Worried I feel too normal!

I would love to have salmon and mash potatoes. I would love to eat the puréed food. Pure fear and the unknown keeps me from moving forward. Having the sleeve should keep us discipline not to go back into our habits or obsession with food. I was sleeve on 5/14 and still on my Clear Liquids. It's not worth the risk.

I was sleeved on 5/14/2013. I feel normal as well. I have also had thoughts about food. The thing to remember is that the surgery is a tool not a cure all. For me it is important to continue therapy, support group and seeing a nutritionist so that I can continue to work on the behaviors that caused me to become overweight while learning new and healthier ways of eating and coping with the old thoughts and behaviors. I am just starting on my road to recovery as well. I did have some time before surgery to begin to address some of those issues surrounding eating behaviors, etc. I don't think it will be a worry if we continue on the road to recovery. I wish you the best in your own journey.

I was sleeved on 5/14/2013. I feel normal as well. I have also had thoughts about food. The thing to remember is that the surgery is a tool not a cure all. For me it is important to continue therapy' date=' support group and seeing a nutritionist so that I can continue to work on the behaviors that caused me to become overweight while learning new and healthier ways of eating and coping with the old thoughts and behaviors. I am just starting on my road to recovery as well. I did have some time before surgery to begin to address some of those issues surrounding eating behaviors, etc. I don't think it will be a worry if we continue on the road to recovery. I wish you the best in your own journey.[/quote']

We should keep in touch. Jevans901@aol.com.

I was sleeved on 5/14/2013. I feel normal as well. I have also had thoughts about food. The thing to remember is that the surgery is a tool not a cure all. For me it is important to continue therapy, support group and seeing a nutritionist so that I can continue to work on the behaviors that caused me to become overweight while learning new and healthier ways of eating and coping with the old thoughts and behaviors. I am just starting on my road to recovery as well. I did have some time before surgery to begin to address some of those issues surrounding eating behaviors, etc. I don't think it will be a worry if we continue on the road to recovery. I wish you the best in your own journey.

i totally agree with you. i have spent the last 3+ years really working on my body image, and the last year preparing for surgery on my relationship with food and still working on it. i'm also seeing a therapist as well. i'm a huge advocate for mental health, and i fully understand that an overweight person's issue is not that they just love food. it is soooo much more than that. it's emotional. it is mental, and it is deep-rooted. and to truly be successful one must deal with those emotional issues and work through them through introspection and therapy.

this wasn't what i really meant by this post though. i meant, most people from what i've heard have felt physically sick, nauseated, etc. and i have had absolutely no issues getting anything down and it has concerned me in that way.

I was also sleeved same day and had a leak scare. Try not to go there its not worth it. Having lots of trouble figuring out this hungry vs full thing.

Me toooooooo! I can't figure out when I'm full or not. It's weird!

I was sleeved on the 22nd and feel like even when I take the smallest sip (no straws or spoons) still feel like I am swallowing a lot of air and it feels uncomfortable. Anyone else feeling this?

I was sleeved on the 22nd and feel like even when I take the smallest sip (no straws or spoons) still feel like I am swallowing a lot of air and it feels uncomfortable. Anyone else feeling this?

I have the same problem as well. Do you drink from a straw? I haven't tried it yet.

I never really felt full on the liquids phase. When you move to purées and solids, you'll feel more satisfied and you will definitely know when you've over done it and you will regret it! Lol

I was sleeved on the 20th and have had a very constant gassy feeling not heartburn but gas bubbles all the time. Wondering if it is normal too?

I never really felt full on the liquids phase. When you move to purées and solids' date=' you'll feel more satisfied and you will definitely know when you've over done it and you will regret it! Lol[/quote']

Yeah! I had some Jello just know and yupppp deff over did it and boy did I feel it! Lol

I was sleeved on the 20th and have had a very constant gassy feeling not heartburn but gas bubbles all the time. Wondering if it is normal too?

Totally normal Hun! Can't seem to pass gas and its uncomfortable too -.- try to walk as much as you can taking deep breaths from your mouth, it helped me a whole lot!

this is a very good point. thank you. i guess i just expected to be in more pain and have more trouble. i need to keep reminding myself that my stomach is still healing and not normal yet. despite how normal it feels.

Your surgery sounds a lot like mine. I had no morphine based pain meds whatsoever when I got home or anything for pain for that matter. I didn't have a morphine pump in the hospital either. I had some Tylenol via the IV, but nothing to make me loopy. I never threw up, never had any serious pain, or stomach issues.

I agree with what everyone says in this thread. Take it easy and follow the orders from the doctor. Don't progress into other things until you have clearance. A surgeon told me that almost of the leaks he sees are from people not following diet initially. They almost always leak at the top of the stomach where all of the pressure is.

i am 4 days post-op and i feel just fine. seriously, i thought it would be so much worse than this. i have a little pain, but nothing the tylenol w/codeine 3 x a day doesn't fix. i was getting myself up from bed and out of chairs and walking around the hospital with no problem the day after surgery. i do have a lot of gas! with every bite of Protein Shake, my tummy gurgles and gurgles. the gas does hurt a bit. but i came home alone and have been fine with no help. i didn't even need the walker i borrowed.

Your new tummy can't feel the restriction yet because it's swollen and trying to heal, that's why taking things to fast can cause damage. Go read some of the horror stories about some of the folks who took it to fast. It's not worth it.

What are some of the horror stories?

Your new tummy can't feel the restriction yet because it's swollen and trying to heal, that's why taking things to fast can cause damage. Go read some of the horror stories about some of the folks who took it to fast. It's not worth it.

What are some of the horror stories?